Fate??

Special One Percent

 

Location: Rooftop

Time: Recess

 

Sooyoung is sitting cross-legged on floor, her fingers tapping the dusty floor slightly as she waits for her friends to arrive. She takes a quick look at the box on her right- the same box where its contents managed to shake the living daylights out of her earlier this morning. Baffled at the shocking discovery, she decides to reveal the box contents to her gang before asking for their opinions at that matter.

“You”. She eyed the box. “Who sent you huh?”

“………” The box just sat there silently.

“Ignoring me huh?” Sooyoung raised her eyebrow.

“…………”

“Pshh..Duh…As if that stupid box can answer me…Aisshh…mitchiketda (I’m going crazy)!!”  Sooyoung runs her fingers through her hair, messing it up a bit.

She sighed loudly and looks at her watch. They’re late.

“Imma kill those lazy butts one day or another”.

“Who are you calling a lazy huh, Choi Sooyoung?” Hyoyeon’s voice broke her train of thoughts.

Sooyoung turns her head towards the door and sees her friends walking in one by one. “What took you guys so long? I’m dying of starvation here!”  Sooyoung pouts.

“Sorry, unnie. There are so many people lining at the café.”  Seohyun bowed before placing herself next to Sooyoung.

“Aww… I’m not angry at you, makdoongie.”  Sooyoung pinches Seohyun’s cheeks slightly. “It’s Fiona I’m pissed at. YAH! Where’s my food!” She barked at Hyoyeon.

“You know Sooyoung, THIS is the reason you NEVER had a boyfriend. You have absolutely no manners at ALL.”  Hyoyeon shakes her head slightly before tossing a tuna bread at Sooyoung’s direction and the latter swiftly catches it before it falls on to the ground.

“My current love life has nothing to do with my manners, Hyo.”  Sooyoung tore the plastic wrapper before biting a huge mouthful of the tuna sandwich. Ahh…this is heaven.

“Unnie, you never have any love, let alone a life.”  Yoona cheekily intrudes them and then pretends to ignore the deathly glare Sooyoung gave her after that.

“So, Sooyoungie. What is so important that you need to meet us up here instead of our usual place?”  Tiffany asked, her eyes filled with curiosity.

“That box.”  Sooyoung points towards the middle-sized box with .

“What about it?”

“Duh. Open it.” Sooyoung replied flatly as if it was the most obvious question in the world.

Tiffany picks up the box and examines it. “Look’s normal. Omg, Sooyoungie. Don’t tell me. It’s a present, right? Someone gave it to you?”

“Is it from a boy?” The others jump up and flock themselves around Tiffany.

“Omo….omo….unnie, you’re so lucky!” Yoona squeals in delight.

“Kyahhh…..I’m so jealous of unnie……” Seohyun  adds in.

Sooyoung remains sitting on her spot, munching slowly on her second tuna sandwich…. Jealous? Wait till they see what’s inside it….I’ll doubt they’ll be jealous after that.

“Yah! Is that why you have been acting weird all morning? You could have said something!” Hyoyeon nudged Sooyoung in her ribs, hard. She expects Sooyoung to retaliate back but surprisingly, she doesn’t. Sooyoung just keeps on nibbling her sandwich, her face bore no expression.

“Le’ts open the box together, neh? Okay…one….-

Confused with Sooyoung’s behavior, Hyoyeon pokes Sooyoung’s cheeks slightly. “Yah… what’s the matter with you….”

“-two….-

“Choi Sooyoung…yah….answer me…”

“-THREE…!!”

“YAH! Don’t just igno-

“AAAAHHHHH!!!! “ The trio screams in terror while at the same time Tiffany drops the box on the ground.

Hyoyeon faced the hysterical trio. “YAH!! Do you have to scream so LOUDLY?”

Hyoyeon ‘s about to yell further before she noticed the terrified looks present on the trio’s face. Yoona and Seohyun are hiding behind Tiffany who in turn is pointing her fingers shakily towards the box. “That…….that…….”

Hyoyeon raised her eyebrows before peeking into the box contents. Her eyes became as wide as saucers when she finally realized its contents.

Inside the box, there were heaps and heaps of Sooyoung’s photos inside………………….with bloody red words written on each picture.

“Is that….blood??”

Hyoyeon gasped. She slowly picks a photo from inside the box. In the photo, Sooyoung was laughing happily at something but the words on it catch Hyoyeon’s attention. She reads it out loud:

I WANT TO BE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN MAKE YOU LAUGH LIKE THAT

She picks another picture. This time, Sooyoung was sleeping soundly in their classroom.

I WANT TO SEE YOU SLEEPING BESIDE ME IN THE MORNING

Hyoyeon furrowed her eyebrows. She picks up another photo.

YOU’RE SO BEAUTIFUL. YOU’RE MINE……ONLY MINE....

And another.

I WANT TO FEEL YOU IN MY ARMS EVERY NIGHT.

STAY AWAY FROM OTHER GUYS….OR I’LL KILL THEM!!

SOOYOUNG I LOVE YOU!!!!

I WAN-

“Hyo, that’s enough.”  Sooyoung muttered under her breath. Hyoyeon looks at Sooyoung before throwing the pictures on the floor. “Sooyoung, WHAT THE **** IS ALL THIS? WHERE DID YOU GET THESE THINGS??”

“I don’t know.” Sooyoung replied solemnly. “Someone left it on top of my locker.”

“Unnie, you’re not trying to trick us, right? Because it’s seriously not funny.” Seohyun said hesitantly.

“Maknae, do I look like I’m joking to you right now?” Seohyun shakes her head slowly. Sigh…. Sooyoung covers her face with her hands in frustration.

“Do you have any idea who gave this to you?”

“Nope. Not a clue.” Sooyoung groans loudly and plops her head onto Tiffany’s shoulder who just now sat beside her.

“There, there Sooyoungie. Kwenchana. We’re here for you.” Tiffany said while Sooyoung’s hair lightly.

“Unnie, this guy is a stalker. He had pictures of you all the way from the first day you came to school. Look.”  Yoona showed Sooyoung a picture of her and Hyoyeon in their freshman days.

“Wait. How’d you know that the stalker is a guy?” Hyoyeon asked her back.

“Duh. Unnie, look. On this picture it says ‘stay away from other guys’ right? If she’s a girl she would have said ‘stay away from other girls’ because Sooyoung unnie doesn’t have a man she’s closed to and she hangs out with us most of the time anyway. Seriously unnie, I once thought you were gay because you like touching us so much. The last sentence was intended for Sooyoung before Hyoyeon smacks Yoona on the head.

“What a way to bring down her self-esteem…”  Hyoyeon rolls her eyes at the human flounder.

“Aaanywaayyyy….. That stalker guy must be at least a second or third year student in this school. It couldn’t be a freshman. We just came to this school recently.” Yoona continued.

“What about the teachers?”  Seohyun asked, examining the photos slightly.

“Could be a possibility.”  Hyoyeon replied.

“Gahhh…..What am I going to do???”  Sooyoung wails loudly.

“Ah…kwenchana….Hey, you always said that you wished someone to like you. Well, there you have it. Although it seems a bit excessive…..Since he’s not younger than you, that’s a plus right?” Hyoyeon smirks at Sooyoung evilly before receiving a hard punch on the side from the latter.

“This is NOT a laughing matter Fiona. How would you feel if someone is stalking you 24/7? Would you laugh by then? He could have been anywhere around us. The heck, he may have been here stalking us right now!”

Automatically five pairs of eyes roam around the whole rooftop.

Sooyoung sighed again for the umpteenth time.

“So, what will you do now? Do you want to take it to the police?” Tiffany asked.

Sooyoung ponders for a while. “Ignore it.”

“WHATT?? Are you out of your MIND???”

“Sooyoung, you can’t be serious.” Hyoyeon muttered in disbelief.

“Yes, I’m being serious. Just ignore it, guys.”  Sooyoung stands up before dusting off some of the dirt on her skirt.

“For all I know, this could just be a prank, guys. Maybe that he or she is trying to get back at me for something I’ve done before….who knows…?”  Sooyoung shrugs.

“But unnie, what if this isn’t some prank? What if that stalker is real? He sounded so serious. You could be in danger, unnie.”  Seohyun said holding back her tears.

“Aisshhh…makdoongie.” Sooyoung ruffles Seohyun’s hair affectionately. “Then, we just have to wait and find out right? Come on…… Let’s go back to class. Recess’s over. “

The others look at each other’s eyes worriedly before followed suit.

Yeah…it’s just some prank. I don’t have to worry. Sooyoung thought to herself.

But what if it’s not……

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

 The last bell just rang.

The great  Shim Changmin is stuffing his school books into his bag quickly.

Today is Friday!!!! BANZAII!!!!

Friday…Friday…gonna get down on Friday…..Fun..Fun..Fun..Fun..

Changmin pulls off his earphone hastily. Why the heck am I listening to Rebecca Black’s song? He shakes his head before tossing in the earphone along with his ipod in his bag.

Hmm…What’s that? What’s so special about Friday’s anyway? Well, on this day, our handsome hero is going for his usual weekend trip home to his parent’s house.Oh, how he misses his mom’s cooking very much……and ouh, he misses his parents too. Changmin already imagines the sweet luscious minced chicken-beef pie that his mom will be making (upon his request, of course) and those mouth-watering homemade cooked meals that he will have for the next three days. Changmin his lips in delight.

Well, it’s not like he didn’t like Jaejoong’s cooking. It’s just that the meals cooked by a mother tasted so much better than Jaejoong’s. Try as he might, Jaejoong still can’t compare himself to a mother’s cooking. Duh……..he’s not a mother…nor is he a woman………….

………(O_o)………                                                                                            

Or is he?

Changmin scratches his chin thoughtfully.

“CHANGMIN!!“ Someone shouts in his ears suddenly.

“OUUCCHH!!! Yah, Cho Kyuhyun!! Don’t just shout onto people’s ears like that!!!” Changmin rubbed his ears slightly. “Gahh… I can feel my eardrums bleeding!!Helppp!!!!”  Changmin pretends to be in pain, making exaggerated expressions along the way.

“Don’t be a baby. You’re acting .”  Kyuhyun grins evilly. Changmin stuck out his tongue at him. “Say, Changmin. When’s the last time you went out on a date?”

“What is this sudden interest in my love life?” Changmin eyed Kyuhyun cautiously.

“Just because.”

Changmin gasped. “You…. The last time you said that….OMG….” Changmin puts his arms on his chest protectively. “Kyuhyun, I will now and forever like woman only and I’m sorry that I have to reject your love for me.”

“What the heck are you talking about Changmin?” Kyuhyun smacked Changmin’s head with a book. “What love? I’m just asking if you want a date or not, that’s all!!”

Changmin grins cheekily while rubbing his sore head. “Pheww… I really thought that you’ve gone gay for me….Well, If I’m a guy I would love myself too……I’m just too handsome to resist….” Changmin shakes his head in what-can-I-do manner.

Kyuhyun watched Changmin self-loving moment with his mouth wide open before blinking his eyes slowly. “Wow, what the heck did I just listen to?”  Kyuhyun rubs both his ears in annoyance. “Shim Changmin, your arrogance is polluting the air more and more in mere seconds than what global warming did in hundreds of years.” Kyuhyun said monotonely. 

“You’re just jealous, Kyuhyun-ah.” Changmin ruffles the shorter guy’s hair teasingly. “Don’t worry, you’ll grow up someday to be a hot guy like me……..eventually.” Changmin grins evilly.

“Aishhh…this guy.”  Kyuhyun pouts. “So, do you wanna go out on a date or not? A friend of mine really wants to get to know you better. She seems like your type of girl.”

Changmin’s ears perked up at that sentence.

“Is she tall?”

“Could be.”

“Is she y?”

“She’s more on the cute side, but I think she can be y.”

“Is she pretty?”

“Why don’t you go and have a look at her yourself?”  Kyuhyun smiled teasingly. “You’ll meet her tomorrow, in front of the movies, 10 o’clock sharp. She’s wearing a rose-shaped pin on her head. Don’t be late.”  Kyuhyun picks up his bag and walks out of the classroom. He paused momentarily at the classroom door before shouting “Shim Changmin, I’m counting on you!” and then disappears into the thin air.

Changmin blinks his eyes twice in confusion. “Wow, that was definitely Kyuhyun’s OOC (out-of-character) moment.”  He shrugs and walks out of the classroom lazily.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Location: Movies main entrance

Time: 9.56 a.m.

 

Changmin arrives at the movies earlier than he expected. He took off his sunglasses and flicks his front hair slightly. The girls around him are ogling at him shamelessly with their mouth wide open; their eyes following every step that he took. Not to mention, the girl’s mothers are also popping their eyeballs out of their sockets staring at him and….. is that a granny over there……. drooling at him?

Changmin smirks a little before leaning stylishly on the stone wall, waiting for his date. He’s wearing a black silk t-shirt, with his collar ed, a silver tie hung loose around it. He wears a white slack pants and topped his looks with a sporty black and white Nike shoes. It’s simple, and yet I look like a model that walks straight out of a fashion magazine if I do say so myself, he thought. Now, to find my date.

He squint his eyes at his surroundings like a hawk, observing every single and beautiful girl that passes infront of him.

Wow, that chick is hot!

Eww…she he had an Adam’s apple. Gross…

Hmmm…that girl look’s passable.

Dang. Did she just pick her nose in public? Grosss….

My, what y legs you’ve got there….

Wait….is that Choi Sooyoung? What is she doing here?

Before Changmin could take a step towards her, a little girl blocks his way.

“Umm..excuse me. Shim Changmin-sshi?” The girl said before she looks at him with her big glossy eyes.

Freaky eyes….Changmin shudders in his mind.

“Uhhh…yes?” He replied hesitantly, confused as to why this girl know his name.

“I’m your date for today.” She took out her right hand for a handshake.

“I’m JiEun, but please call me IU.”

Changmin stares at the tiny girl for a moment. This little tiny underage girl is my date?? Imma so gonna kill you Kyuhyun. Changmin looks at the direction where he previously thought that he saw Choi Sooyoung standing there earlier.

He looks back at the tiny girl infront of him before returning the handshake.

“ Call me Changmin. Pleasure to meet you.”

It must have been my imagination after all, he thought in his head.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

“Lovely…..complex……”  Sooyoung muttered under her breath, her fingers grazing on each and every manga (Japanese comic books) books available on the shelf.

“Lovely complex…..Aha! Found it!”  Sooyoung exclaimed happily. She has been searching high and low in every bookstore in the town for this particular manga and she finally found it!! Sooyoung hugs the manga tightly in her arms, squealing silently in the process and ignoring the looks other customers are giving her.

“So, whose it for?” A smooth voice interrupts her fangirling mode.

“It’s for m- Sooyoung paused her words abruptly when she finally realized who she was talking to.

“It’s for …??”  Kyuhyun tilts his head and peeks at the book in Sooyoung’s arms. “Lovely complex. Interesting choice of comic book you got there, Sooyoung.”

“K-Kyu…Kyuhyun-shhi.”  Sooyoung managed to croak out his name.

“Tsk…tsk.. no need to act so formal. We’re friends right? Kyuhyun only or Kyuhyun oppa would be nice.” Kyuhyun smiled teasingly.

Sooyoung blushed and coughed a bit at the word ‘oppa’. “Uhmm…okay. Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun gave her a heart-melting smile. Sooyoung blushes some more before looking away. Darn, why do I blush so easily when I’m with him…..

“Are you going to buy that book Sooyoung?”

“Eh…this book…It..it’s not for me….It’s for umm….my…my friend! Yeah, my friend! She really wants this book so she asked me to buy it for her! Yeah…..haha……” Sooyoung awkwardly laugh, praying that he didn’t noticed that she’s lying to him.

“Ah….really…is that it…” Kyuhyun nodded. Sooyoung wipes an imaginary sweat on her head.

“Your friend is very cute, Sooyoung.”  Kyuhyun added while smiling knowingly.

“Aha….yes….very….cute…” Sooyoung scratches her head slightly. If he only knew that the person he’s talking about is me….Sooyoung blushes a bit more before straighten up her acts. Yah! What’s wrong with you! Act cool! You don’t wanna blush around the guy 24/7 do you?

“So… Kyuhyun.”  Sooyoung cleared . “What are you doing here?”

LAAAMMMMEEEEEE………

She smacks herself literally in her mind. Duh…what other reason would he be in a bookstore? Buying books of course.

“To be honest, I’m not exactly sure.”  Sooyoung raised an eyebrow. “But something just pulls me to walk in the door earlier. And surprise…surprise…. You’re here.”  Kyuhyun glanced at Sooyoung slightly.

“You know, I’ve been meaning to talk to you again ever since that day, Sooyoung-ah.” He faced her fully before bending slightly so he will be on eye level with her. Sooyoung gulped her saliva.

“Hmmm…would you call it coincidence?” He asked her.

“Or is it fate?”

 

 

 

 

............................................

Another chappie done.

Thank u for reading!!!