........

Special One Percent

 

“Hey, Soo. Did you get any additional ‘presents’ from the stalker yet?” Hyoyeon looks up at Sooyoung on her right. Recess is almost over, and after sending off their maknaes downstairs, both her and Sooyoung decided to pull a stop at the toilet first, before proceeding to their own class.

“Nope. And didn’t I tell to drop the subject, Hyo? There’s no stalker. You guys are worrying too much.” Sooyoung said while rolling her eyes at her bff. “Seriously, it’s getting annoying hearing you guys mentioning ‘stalker this and stalker that’ all the time.”

Hyoyeon puffed her cheeks in irritation. “Well, excuse ME for worrying about my BEST FRIEND!”

Sooyoung smirks before poking Hyoyeon’s cheeks with her finger. “Awww….Ish (poke) my baby Yeonnie (poke) wowwy (poke) about little Tuyoungiie ??” (poke..poke..poke..)

“Aishh…cut it out!” Hyoyeon slapped Sooyoung’s hands away before rubbing her sore cheeks.” I’m serious. There are some things you shouldn’t take lightly about, Sooyoung.”

“Yeah,I know, but- Sooyoung paused her sentence when she heard her name being called. She turns around and spots a girl with some really short legs running to her from the end of the hallway.

When the girl finally reaches the spot Sooyoung is standing, she leans on the locker in exhaustion, trying to catch her breath.

“Kim.Tae.Yeon.” Sooyoung snickered, a lopsided grin appears on her face. She turns her face slightly towards Hyoyeon. “Hyo, you go in first. I’ll catch up with you later.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Hyoyeon shrugged in response before waving a simple bye towards Taeyeon. The latter waves back at her.

“Well…well…well….” Sooyoung leans slightly at the locker door.

“Long time no see, Taeyeon. I see you’re getting shorter by the second.”

“That’s Taeyeon U-N-N-I for you.” Taeyeon mumbled her words after finally catching her breath, ignoring Sooyoung’s remark in the process.

“Yah. I’ve been looking everywhere for you. I need to tell you something really important.”

Sooyoung raised her eyebrow at Taeyeon. “Something really important?Ouu..ouu.. Don’t tell me. I’ve already knew about it.”

“You do??” Taeyeon asked, her eyes widens upon hearing Sooyoung’s confession.

“Yup.”  Sooyoung nods nonchalantly.

“You’re not mad? “

“Nope. Besides I’ve already ruined your favorite pair of shoes as revenge.”

“………………..What?” Taeyeon asked, blinking her eyes in confusion.

“We’re not talking about the time you stole my food without my permission….are we?”

“Nope.”

“…….”

“…………….”

“Ummm….sorry?”

“YaH!!! The idiot who dunked my expensive Nikes in an UNFLUSHED toilet bowl…….THAT WAS YOU?????” Taeyeon started hitting Sooyoung’s arms and body in anger.

“Ah…I’m sorry about that. Hey, it’s your fault! You shouldn’t have eaten my food in the first place!” After much struggling, Sooyoung finally managed to capture Taeyeon’s arms.

“Ummm….you were saying?” Sooyoung asked while keeping her eye fixed at Taeyeon, whose legs were attempting to kick her own but failed miserably considering the way her leg flails up and down awkwardly in the air.

“Grr….fine. But this aint over yet.” Taeyeon yanked her arms away from Sooyoung’s grasp before continued. “This blonde guy from class 3-C. Do you know him?”

“What guy?”

“Aishh…that guy!” Taeyeon shouts exasperatedly. “The one who-

“KIM TAE YEON!” A hand suddenly pulls the short girl from behind. “Songsaengnim is looking for you. Follow me!” The guy- who Sooyoung realized that he is one of the DBSK’s boys- is half-dragging, half-pulling the shorter girl by her arm.

“Wait! Kim Junsu! I need to talk to her about something!” Sooyoung stays rooted on her spot watching innocently as the shortie-Taeyeon yells incoherent words at her kidnapper.

“Sooyoung-ahhh!!” Taeyeon shouts at her, but Sooyoung only waves her hand in response.

Other students on the hallway who stopped momentarily from the commotion finally continuing on what they were doing before.

Sooyoung shrugs before heading her way back to class.

A blonde guy. From class 3-C, huh.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

That night.

DBSK’s house.

 

STAY THE HE** AWAY FROM CHOI SOOYOUNG OR ELSE…..

Jaejoong reads the words printed in bold red ink on a piece of paper loudly. The paper was found in the black box Changmin received earlier this morning, along with a severely scraped picture of Changmin’s face………..

“And a bloodied rat’s head.”

“Without it’s body.”

“GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Yes, we get it Yoochun. No need to insert the random sound effects. Junsu’s already crying his eyes out at the corner.” Yunho spat his words at Yoochun, who is currently laughing his off at Junsu’s terrified expression.

Changmin shakes his head at his hyung’s actions. They are all cramped in Yoochun and Changmin’s room, as the maknae previously wanted to ask his hyungs opinions regarding the box contents but alas, Changmin is beginning to think that this isn’t such a good idea.

“Is this a real blood?” Jaejoong, who is lying beside Changmin on Changmin’s bed, touches the rat’s head and examines the bloody goo on his fingers. The maknae only looks at him in disgust.

Yup. Not a good idea. Changmin groans in frustration.

“Hyunggggss!!! I thought you guys said you were going to help me!!”

“Guys…guys….listen up.” Yunho clapped his arms loudly. “The maknae needs our help. And as a good and kind-hearted hyung…we should help him.” Changmin nods his head at him. Spoken like a true leader, he thought.

“Besides………..he called you guys ‘hyung’ without us forcing him to.” Yunho smirks at Changmin devilishly. Changmin pouts. I take it back. Spoken like a true leader my .

“Fine…fine….”Yoochun finally calmed down before taking a spot on his bed next to Yunho.

“Changmin. You said you and Kyuhyun found the same type of box with the same contents in both of your desk earlier today right?

“Err…yeah??” Changmin answered slightly confused by Yoochun’s sudden question.

“Then, this means that whoever puts the box in your desk must be very familiar with your seating arrangements.” Yunho voiced out his own opinion.

“Correct”. Yoochun nods at him. “It must be someone near us, presumably….someone from level 3 class?”

“But what I don’t understand is……”Jaejoong interrupts them abruptly. “Why would someone send something like this to Minnie? And Kyuhyunnie?”

“I know! I know!!” Junsu screamed, waving his hands frantically, seemingly forgotten the emotional trauma he had received minutes ago.

“This isn’t a pop quiz Su-ah. Just say it.” Yoochun said flatly.

Junsu pouts before continues. “Kyuhyunnie is pursuing Sooyoung. That’s why that someone sent this to him. U-know….as blackmail….” Junsu smiles brightly, slightly proud of himself. “And as for Changminnie…..” Junsu lets his words drifted off in a teasing manner.

“I don’t like Sooyoung if that’s what you were trying to say.” Changmin answered sharply. And how the fish this kid knew that Kyuhyun likes Sooyoung?

“Hmm….that’s odd considering Junsu didn’t even mention the word ‘liking Sooyoung’ and yet that’s the first sentence that crosses your mind.” Yunho smirks at the maknae who puffed his cheeks in response.

“Ahh….our little son is growing up, Yun.” Jaejoong wiped a fake tear in his eyes and touches Changmin’s hair lightly. The maknae slapped Jaejoong’s hand away from him in return.

“Don’t talk as if you’re the one who raised me.” Changmin said flatly.

“It seems just like yesterday when he is only the size of my palm.” Yunho joined in, his hands comforting the pretending-to-be-weeping Jaejoong.

Changmin runs his fingers into his hair in annoyance. “Could you guys be serious for a minute??!!”

“Ignore them. They’re gays.” Yoochun glanced slightly at the pair of idiots. “So, did Kyuhyun say anything about this?”

‘Well…..I for one, wanted to ask Sooyoung about this but Kyuhyun said that we should wait first. He said that if we suddenly asked her like that, she will freak out. You know, girls. They freak out about everything.”

“Then, there’s nothing you can do about it. I suggest you keep quiet and investigate this matter personally with Kyuhyunnie. Together, both of you can search for any evidence that may lead you to the person who is guilty of doing such foul things.” Junsu intrudes their discussion while eyeing the box in disgust. When nobody says anything he looked up to see four pairs of eyes staring at him, their mouth agape.

“What? I just started watching CSI recently.” Junsu shrugs slightly.

Changmin stands up and stretches his limbs. “That’s not a bad idea actually.” He walks to the door and ruffles Junsu’s hair in the way.

“It’s good to know that you actually have a brain in those dolphin-head of yours.”

“YAH! SHIM CHANGMINN!!!”

…………………………………………………………Meanwhile……………………………

Location: A house. A BIG one.

A figure was seen wiping the inside of his bathroom sink with a cotton towel. After finishing the task, he tossed a black box inside the sink with a couple of pieces of crumpled newspaper. Lighting a match, he dumps it into the sink and then watches as the fire slowly burns the paper and the box. The figure just stood there, watching, until the flame dies down- his face void of any emotions.

After that, the figure then lazily walks out of the bathroom before plopping himself on to his bed. He grabbed a framed picture of a short-haired girl from the bed-side table, kissed it lightly and soon finds himself drifting to lalaland…………….

The frame lies gently on the pillow, on the left-side of his bed.

…………..Downstairs………….

“MinSuk-ah. Do you smell something burning?”

The maid sniffs around before shaking her head slowly. “I don’t smell anything, Mdm Cho.”

“Hmm….that’s odd. Must have been my imagination.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

The next day.

The sun is shining brightly…..

The sky is clear and the air smells clean……

The birds are chirping very loudly……..

Overall….it’s quite a beautiful day.

 

AAAAHHHHCHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Soyoung sneezed into a tissue for the umpteenth time.

“Honestly, Sooyoungiie.” Her mom walks into Sooyoung’s bedroom before checking her temperature. “How many times do I have to tell you not to eat ice cream in the middle of the night? You never listen to me.”

Sooyoung grins sheepishly at her mom.” I’m sorry mom. But the ice cream is very tempting. I can’t help but eat a little.”

“A liitle??” Sooyoung’s mom widens her eyes in shock. “You just ate a whole tub!”

“I did?” Sooyoung looks at her innocently. “I thought I only ate a…aA..…AACCHHOOOOO!!!”

Sooyoung’s mom could only shakes her head in annoyance. “With this kind of condition, it’ll be best if you stay in bed for today. I’ll go downstairs and make you some chicken soup.”

“Aww…Omma…You’re the best!” Sooyoung exclaimed while hugging her mother’s waist.

“Yah..YAH!!! Don’t hug me or else I’ll be infected with your disease!” Her mom swats Sooyoung’s hands away from her before walking out of the bedroom.

Sooyoung smiles from ear to ear before rolling around on her bed in happiness.

 BANZAIIII!!!!! NO SCHOOOL!!!!

a..Ah..…AHH…AHHCHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Location: School.

Class 3-A.

“How about it?”

“About what?” Kyuhyun asked back, ignoring the annoyed expression written across Changmin’s face.

“About asking Sooyoung about the box, that’s what! Seriously, did you even listen to what I said just now?” Changmin asked, slightly angered by Kyuhyun’s lack of response.

“I heard you. But like I said before, I don’t want to ask her about that kind of questions. She’ll definitely freak out.”

“How’d you know without us asking her in the first place?” Changmin asked back exasperatedly.

“Duh. I know a lot of things about her that you never even heard of yourself.” Kyuhyun mumbled slowly to himself, but Changmin heard them. Every single word.

Changmin stares intensely at the man in front of him. What does that supposed to mean?

Kyuhyun scribbles something on his desk, obviously deep in his thoughts.

Changmin sighed loudly before standing up from the chair in front of Kyuhyun’s desk.

“Kyu.”

“Hmm?”

“If you don’t want to help me, I’ll just have to go and talk to her myself.” Changmin walks coolly out of the classroom without turning back.

Kyuhyun watches as Changmin’s figure slowly disappears from his view.

“Idiot.” He mumbled before scribbling his desk some more.

“Songsaengnim is in the classroom and he still wants to act cool.”

“SHIM CHANGMIN!!!!!”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

Recess.

 

“She’s not here?” Changmin asked.

“S-She’s sick. W-Why?” Hyoyeon asked back, slightly flabbergasted and nearly choked at her food with the sudden appearance of one of the DBSK’s boys. Well, it’s not every day a guy as good-looking as him shows up in front of them…..and asking for Sooyoung too. Hyoyeon looks at her members and snickered at them slightly.

Yoona is comparing Changmin’s look to Yoochun’s wallpaper on her phone, looking at both of them alternately in the process.

Tiffany is gawking at him, slightly agape. You could see tiny bits of pieces of mash potato in .

Seohyun is reading her book, refusing to look at Changmin while her left hand goes up before holding Tiffany’s jaw and closes the mushroom’s opened mouth.

In the meantime, Changmin definitely looks uncomfortable with the way these girls are acting.

“Nothing. I’ve got to go. Bye.” He mouthed these words to them before sprinting off to his table.

Freaky girls. Changmin shakes his head slightly. Thank goodness Sooyoung isn’t like that.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

“Uwahhh…..What time is it?” Sooyoung rubbed her eyes before looking at the clock on the wall.

7.50 p.m.

“Woah! I slept for that long?” Sooyoung asks to herself. Her parents had gone to a friend’s house earlier this evening. Initially, her mom is reluctant to let her stay at home by herself considering her not-so-high-fever but she assured her that she’ll be fine and there’s nothing to worry about. After much hustle and bustle, she managed to get them both to leave the house but after that she felt tired so she went to sleep.

Enough about the past. Right now…SHE OWNS DA HOUSE BABYY!!!! YEEAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Well, until eleven o’clock of course.

Sooyoung feels her stomach rumbling. “Aww….you’re hungry? Come on. Let’s feed you.”

Sooyoung rummages into the kitchen cabinets, looking for something to eat.

Nothing.

No food.

“Omma  must have forgotten to cook for my dinner.” Sooyoung chuckled dryly.

Haha…No food.

……..

“NO-FREAKIN-FOOD!!!” Sooyoung wails loudly in the living room. “How could Omma forgot about meeh?”

…..

..

“Wait.a.sec……...” Sooyoung paused her melodramatic acting when she remembers something.

“Pizza Delivery!!!!” She smacks her head slightly. “Duh. Why am I so idiotic these days?”

She wiped her fake tears before punching in various numbers in her cell phone. After placing her order, she opted to take a quick bath to refresh her body.

………………………………..

 

Sooyoung is in her room, brushing her thick hair slowly when the door bell suddenly rings.

“PIZZAAAA!!!” She throws the hairbrush carelessly before running downstairs and immediately opens the front door, smiling brightly.

What she received next is definitely not worth smiling for.

A hand suddenly hugs her from the front while the other stuffed with a blue colored cloth, which has a weird, pungent odor coming from it. She was roughly pushed back inside her house and heard the door shuts with a ‘click’. Sooyoung finally notices the pair of hands that belongs to a man, wearing a mask that covers his lower part of his face, a cap and a grey-colored hoodie.

Sooyoung, who is dumbfounded at first, tries to fight back but failed as she felt her body grown weaker and weaker by the second. Amazingly, she managed to free one of her hands, so she hits the attacker on his head repeatedly. However, thanks to her hunger, her energy level depleted quickly and the attacker managed to capture her free hand effortlessly.

“It’s alright, Sooyoung. You’re safe with me. Shhhh…….”

The figure cradles her body in his arms like a bride and at the same time hugging her very close to his body. Sooyoung managed to saw a flash of the attacker’s blonde hair………..

Before she pass out completely seconds later.

 

 

......................................