Part 4

The Romance Between Us

 

            Soohyun ran to Jessica’s room where she was being treated. He already knew what had happened to Jessica. When he finished the dance practice, Soohyun quickly called Jessica. However, not Jessica who answered his call but her mother. Mrs. Jung told him about the accident and he went straight to the hospital.

            Soohyun opened the door and found Mrs. Jung was staring sadly at Jessica who was still unconscious. Mrs. Jung told Soohyun to came to her when she noticed his presence. "How’s Sica, Auntie?" asked Soohyun after being near to her.

            "She had passed the critical period," Mrs. Jung said in a low voice that sounded sad. "Fortunately, the person who hit Sica immediately took her to the hospital and get an emergency help. Ah... poor Sica!" Mrs Jung did not hold back her tears and she began to sob.

            Soohyun hugged Mrs. Jung's shoulder, trying to strengthen her. He was staring at Jessica with a sad look. Why do you have to go through anything like this, Sica huh?

            Soon, Jessica’s hands began to move and her eyes began to open slowly, making Mrs. Jung and Soohyun surprised. Jessica looked at them with a weak look.

            "Thank God! Sica, you're awake!" Mrs. Jung exclaimed happily while she was clutching Jessica’s arm who replied holding her hand with a weak grip.

            "Mom... I'm... thirsty..." she said in a low voice and pieces.

            "I'll get you a drink, darling. Wait ya!" said Mrs. Jung. She looked at Soohyun with a smile before leaving the room. "Soohyun ah, please accompany Sica briefly ya! I will also see a doctor to check Sica’s condition," she asked and Soohyun answered it with a nod.

 

***

 

            "Why are you doing this to me, Sica?" asked Soohyun with a sad voice as Mrs. Jung had left them alone in the room.

            Jessica stared at him weakly. "Soohyun ah..." she called. Her voice was very soft, hoarse and weak. "What are you doing here?"

            "Yaaa! Of course I'm visiting you!" cried Soohyun upset. But rather than respond with a call pique, Jessica even chuckled. Made Soohyun looked at her with a puzzled look. "Why are you laughing? What's so funny?"

            Jessica smiled at Soohyun, still with weak stare. "There's nothing funny, Soohyun ah..." she said.

            "Then, why are you laughing?"

            Jessica paused, staring fixedly at Soohyun. “I just feel your concern now. You're very kind."

            Soohyun’s heart moved to hear Jessica’s answer. He smiled back at her. "I have been very considerate of you, Sica. You've only just realized it now," he said. "Sica, do you still remember what I said when we got home from the cinema on Saturday?"

            Jessica's forehead frowned, trying to recall the moment. Her head was hurt when forced her to remember what Soohyun said. "Mmm... ah, about the plan to go along on Sunday?" she guessed after successfully finding her memory. Soohyun nodded, confirmed. "But, I can’t go, Soohyun ah. I still need a lot of rest."

            "Yeah, you're right, Sica. I also intend to cancel it. But, instead, I will come to your house. Do you agree?" asked Soohyun.

            "It's okay. You can come to my house anytime you want," said Jessica.

            "Ok! Mmm... Sica, actually that's not what I wanted to say to you."

            "What do you mean?"

            "The plan to go along on Sundat. That's not what I wanted to say to you and I'm regretting that I was not telling the truth at that time."

            "What are you talking about, Soohyun ah? Don’t confusing me!" Jessica grumbled. "Exactly, what you want to tell me then? Tell me now! And don’t try to hide it from me again!"

            Instead of answering directly, Soohyun was silent for a long while staring fixedly at Jessica. He was still unsure of the decision to be taken. Should I say it now? His mind asked. Finally, after a long sigh, Soohyun decided to say it. "Sica ya... would you be my girlfriend?"

 

***

 

            "Sica ya... would you be my girlfriend?"

            Taeyeon was surprised to hear Soohyun’s confession to Jessica. She did not think she would hear it. Her chest felt tight and her eyes started to flood with tears wich was ready to spill. She left the place with a slow pace and began to sob.

            Yes, Taeyeon has long been at the door of Jessica’s room which was slightly open. She held herself to get into the room because she did not want to disturb them and decided to wait a while before she finally went to meet them.

            Unfortunately, she has not had time to meet them. Instead, she should know what was just happened in front of her eyes. Soohyun, the man who she loved, cofessed his love for Jessica, her best friend. Oh my God... why did I have to hear that? Her mind asked sadly.

            "Taeyeon ah..." suddenly she heard a familiar voice in her ear.

            Taeyeon turned her face to the sound source. She saw Mrs. Jung who was waving her hand towards her. She was hastily abolished tears and walked to Mrs. Jung. "Good evening, Auntie!" she said, bending down to Mrs. Jung.

            "Good evening, Taeyeon ah! You're here to see Sica, aren’t you?" asked Mrs. Jung which Taeyeon replied with a nod.

            "Yes, Auntie. Soohyun told me that Jessica got an accident and treated here."

            "Oh. I’m going back to Jessica's room. Let's go there together!"

            Actually, Taeyeon wanted to say no to Mrs. Jung. However, she had no reasonable cause to reject it. Finally, she nodded.

 

***

-To Be Continued-