Part 10

The Romance Between Us

" Yeon is also my nickname when I was a kid!"

" Ah, this? I didn’t buy it. When I was a kid, a little boy who kindly gave it to me."

" His name is Hyun. Only Hyun."

" If only I had the chance to meet him, I'd love to do it."

" I wish I could have found you sooner, Hyun ah..."

" I... I love you... I love you so much, Shin Soo Hyun..."

            Soohyun sighed heavily. Taeyeon’s words made him could not sleep that night. He could not deny that Taeyeon is a perfect girl. She is a nice girl, smart, outgoing, beautiful... Soohyun was once like Taeyeon. However, since Taeyeon and Yonghwa dating, he began to remove his feelings. And it managed to do after she found Jessica. Compared feelings on Taeyeon, his feelings on Jessica was much greater. Jessica is a figure of a girl who always caught his attention, whether she realized it or not. Although often made annoyed by her attitude, but his love for her made him continue to survive with him.

            Soohyun ah... what are you thinking? You already have a girl that you love, right? Jessica Jung is your girl! Why do you have to think about Taeyeon?! Blamed his mind. Indeed, Soohyun could not explain his feelings towards Taeyeon. Affection suddenly appeared to her. Plus they've met before when they were kid. Isn’t this fate? But... argh!!

            Soohyun buried his head with a pillow. That night his mind was a mess. Suddenly, he remembered his promise to Jessica. Finally, Soohyun was determined to fulfill his promise. Take it easy, Sica ya! I will always make you happy... he thought as he smiled at the thought of Jessica's face. Shortly thereafter, he was fast asleep with his lips still smiled.

 

***

 

            Krystal was surprised to see the guest who came to their house that morning. "Soohyun oppa?" she asked with a wrinkled forehead.

            Soohyun just grinned at Krystal. "I want to see Sica," he said.

            "Ah, Sica eonni? She’s in her room. Come on, oppa!" said Krystal, then told Soohyun to follow her footsteps.

            "Where are your parents?" asked Soohyun.

            "They're visiting our uncle's house in California. Just me and Sica eonni today. But, soon I will go with my friends," said Krystal. "Incidentally you came, oppa! Sica eonni will not be alone. You're going to take her out?"

            "Yes. Our first date," Soohyun said with a chuckle.

            "That's good," Krystal said with a smile. Shortly thereafter, they have arrived in Jessica's room. Krystal was knocking on the door as she called her. "Sooyeon eonni! Someone comes to see you."

            Soohyun forehead frowned at Krystal's words. Sooyeon? Who is she? Soo... yeon?!

            No need to wait for a long time, the door was open and appeared annoyed face with a scruffy appearance of Jessica. "Who is... ah, Soohyun? Why are you here?" she asked Soohyun when she realized his presence. She began awkwardly and began to tidy herself.

            "Soohyun oppa asked you out, eonni!" Krystal said as she smiled seductively. "I leave you then. I want to get ready to go. Bye, oppa! Bye, eonni!"

 

***

 

            "Why didn’t you tell me that you're gonna ask me out today?" asked Jessica after Soohyun came into her room.

            "I just wanted to make a little surprise for you," Soohyun said with a smile. "You want to go with me today?"

            "Of course I do, but I'm not ready to go now. I have to shower and have not completed my assignments that should be collected tomorrow. Would you like to wait for me?"

            Soohyun nodded, agreed Jessica’s demand. He also helped her to do her assignment. After that, Soohyun still had to wait for her to showered and got dressed. Finally, Jessica was ready to go with him. "You're so beautiful, Sica ya..." said Soohyun hugged Jessica's waist and kissed her cheek briefly.

            "Yaaa... what do you think you're doing?" Jessica protested. Her cheeks began to blush because of him. "Krystal is still here. What if she sees us? You don’t feel ashamed?"

            "Why should I be ashamed? I'm your boyfriend," said Soohyun as he strengthen his arms and kissed Jessica.

            "Soo... Soohyun ah..." Jessica tried to let go of herself from Soohyun’s, but he kept strengthen her arms instead. She finally gave up and let him kissed her. She was kissing him back. Long enough they kissed until Jessica finally forced to stop kissing. "You're going to ask me out, right?" she asked as he stared fixedly Soohyun and smiled.

            "Yes, of course yes. But, let me kiss you in a minute," said Soohyun, then again put his face on Jessica.

            Jessica put her finger on his lips, shaking her head. "We can do it next time, right? After all, look! My lipstick smudged. There is also a stain on your lips."

            Soohyun just laughed and wiped his lips with his finger. He let go of Jessica and waiting for her to re-makeup. "Finished?" he asked when Jessica was standing next to him, hugging his arm.

            "Yeah! Let's go!"

 

***

-To Be Continued-