Part 3

The Romance Between Us

 

            "How was your first practice yesterday?" asked Tiffany to Taeyeon on next day when they were gathered at Tiffany’s home.

            Taeyeon smiled broadly. Her face still looked tired because of the practice yesterday. "Great fun!" she replied with a cheerful tone. "Guess what! What role do I have??"

            Jessica's forehead frowned, confused by her friends’ conversation. "What are you talking about? I don’t understand," she said.

            Tiffany patted her forehead and grinned guiltily. "I'm sorry, Sica ya. I forgot to tell you that Taeyeon will be featured in the next month's show," Tiffany admitted who instantly made Jessica's eyes rounded in surprise.

            "I thought you were telling Sica about this," said Taeyeon to Tiffany. Then she looked at Jessica with a guilty look. "Sica ya, sorry I forgot to tell you about this too. Really, I'm sorry..."

            "And you know that Soohyun will perform on that show too?" asked Jessica to Taeyeon, ignoring what Taeyeon had said.

            Taeyeon frowned, puzzled. "Soohyun? Shin Soo Hyun?" asked Taeyeon back to Jessica and immediately she answered it with a steady nod. "Yes, I will compete with him. He'll be the prince and I'll be Cinderella."

            "HUH?" cried Tiffany and Jessica together with different facial expressions. Tiffany was surprised with happy face, while Jessica was shocked with a puzzled face.

            Taeyeon looked at them with a puzzled look. "Why? Is something wrong?"

            "Nothing wrong, Taeyeon ah! I'm so glad to hear that. Congratulations, Taeyeon ah! Fighting!" said Tiffany to Taeyeon then she was hugging her shoulders.

            "Thank you, Fany ya!" Taeyeon replied, smiling at Tiffany. Taeyeon look at Jessica back, who was staring at her  with an expression that was flat face. "Sica ya, are you mad at me because I didn’t tell you about my role in that show?" she asked, feeling guilty.

            Jessica paused, still staring fixedly Taeyeon's face. Why Soohyun didnt tell me about this? Her mind asked. I mean, Taeyeon's my best friend! Why didnt he tell me if he will compete with Taeyeon's role?

            "Sica ya... are you okay?" asked Tiffany, interrupted Jessica’s reverie.

            "Ah, yes? Oh... I'm fine, Fany ya," Jessica replied. "Congratulations on your role, Taeyeon ah! I'm glad to hear that," said Jessica to Taeyeon.

            "Thank you, Sica ya! But, you're not mad at me right?"

            Jessica chuckled. "Why should I be mad at you? No, Taeyeon ah. I'm not angry," she said.

 

***

 

            Monday afternoon after school, Soohyun was watching how-to-dance video on Taeyeon’s notebook in the practice room for the theater club when it was not anyone there. That way, Soohyun would remember the movements and would be practicing with Taeyeon.

            As he was seriously considering the dance movements, his mobile phone’s ringtone was ringing. Soohyun asked permission to Taeyeon to came out briefly of the room to answer the call. His forehead winced when he saw Jessica’s name on the screen of his phone. "Yes, Sica. What is it?" he asked.

            "Soohyun ah, where are you?" Jessica asked with an upset voice. "I’m waiting for you in the front of the school’s gate. We go home together, right?"

            Soohyun tapped his forehead. He forgot to tell her that they did not go home together because he had to practice dancing with Taeyeon. He began to feel guilty. "Sica ya, I'm sorry..." he admitted sincerely apologize. "I'm practicing dance with Taeyeon in the practice room. We don’t go home together, Sica ya."

            "Yaaa! Why didn’t you tell me before?"

            "I forgot, Sica ya! I’m so so..."

            Click!

            The call was ending by Jessica. Soohyun looked at his mobile phone with a sad look. Good, Soohyun ah! She has to upset with you, he thought irritably. He went back into the practice room. He smiled a little when locked eyes with Taeyeon’s eyes.

            "What happened, Soohyun ah?" Taeyeon asked, looking worried. "Your face looks sad after answering the call. Calls from whom?"

            Soohyun sighed heavily and sat down in a chair. "Jessica’s mad at me, Taeyeon ah," he said. "I forgot to tell her that today we don’t go home together because I have to practice dance with you. She’s angry because of that."

            "Oh, Soohyun ah..." Taeyeon said, empathizing, squatting in front of him. "Jessica sometimes can be that emotional. Be patient when to deal with her," she said, the she grabbed Soohyun's hand, trying to strengthen him. "So, you always go home together?"

            "Not always, but yeah... lately we are close to each other," said Soohyun smiled.

            "You are… dating?"

            Soohyun chuckled at Taeyeon's words. "Not yet. We’re only close friend," he repliedd. "Let’s start our  dance practice, Taeyeon ah! I've remembered some of the dance movements."

 

***

 

            Soohyun’s bad! Grumbled Jessica on her way home, kicking a can in front of her. Her face looked upset. She was stomping her foot-beat of every step. He should have to told me, so I didnt have to wait for him! Ya! After all why I was waiting for him? Argh... you’re really bad person, Soohyun ah!

            When Jessica was about to get off the bus and crossed the street, she was not aware of the traffic light which had turned red. She kept walking without looking at her surroundings. She's busy with her own thoughts. Until finally, the car moved with the high speed towards her and the accident couldn’t be avoided because Jessica was too shocked.

            Jessica thrown far enough and slammed into the hard pavement. Made her instantly unconscious with blood pouring from around her forehead.

 

***

-To Be Continued-

another short chapter OTL

enjoy reading guys! ^^