Part 1

The Romance Between Us

 

            Jessica, Tiffany and Taeyeon was resting in the cafeteria. As usual, they ate their order and talk. That time Tiffany was telling about her love relationship with Kyuhyun.

            "I’m really angry at him!" said Tiffany while she was stirring her drink with a straw. "We’re dating, but no date! He’s always busy with his music club. He said it was more important to him than spending time with me. Oh God... I really can’t stand it if this continues!" Tiffany was about to cry, but she did her best not to cry at that. She didn’t want to be the center of attention if she was crying in the cafeteria.

            "It must be hard for you, Fany. Be patient!" said Taeyeon who was trying to encourage Tiffany and patting her shoulder. "Have you discussed this with Kyuhyun oppa?"

            "Yes, I have, but he never care about it! Taeyeon ah, I’m so fed up!"

            "Should we talk to him to resolve this problem?" Jessica suddenly proposed her idea but Taeyeon shook her head, did not agree. "Why? Kyuhyun oppa is just so mean to her! I wonder why he asked you to be his girlfriend but he never care about you? Ah, well... I agree if you two broke up. You're too good for him, Fany."

            "Sica, you don’t understand," said Taeyeon.

            "About what?! I had never dated before, but Kyuhyun oppa’s attitude was too much right? You bear to see Tiffany continues to be hurt by him, huh? "

            "Of course I can’t! I also don’t agree with Kyuhyun oppa’s attitude at Tiffany. But, I know he still loves her," said Taeyeon to Jessica, then turned her gaze on Tiffany. "Fany, just remember about his sweet things for you. You know, even though he was more concerned with the music club, he never forgot to pick you up after school instead? He is still sending you romantic messages and call right? You're often told about that to us and I still remember it. Don’t be that easy to decide something you definitely don’t want to do. I know you still love him."

            Jessica stared at Taeyeon in amazement. She was very impressed with her words and she could see the mature side of Taeyeon through her words. Well, Taeyeon's ever dated and she has the experience of love. Me? Hah! Of course I dont really understand about love. I dont need the love of any man for now. Look at Tiffany who is sad because of Kyuhyun oppa! I dont want to feel the same way.

            Tiffany and Taeyeon were still talking when Jessica checked her mobile phone which was vibrating. There is an incoming message. She frowned when she saw the name of the sender and her eyes became rounder while reading the message. Almost makes her choking in shock.

 

            From: Soohyunie

            Sica, let's meet on Saturday night! I'll meet you at the cinema, ok? At 7 pm.

 

***

 

            Soohyun just stared at the message that he sent to Jessica. He smiled, satisfied with what he had done. Now he felt anxiously to wait a reply from Jessica. Is she willing to accept it? His mind asked. Oh, come on... this time make Jessica confirmed my idea, God...

            "Soohyun Hyung!" Hoon suddenly shouted at him when he prayed. He sat beside him with a relax and smiled at him. "I looked for you in class, but you're not there. Apparently you're here, Hyung!" said Hoon. "What are you doing in the library?"

            "Why do you want to know?" Soohyun asked back with a curt tone. "Honestly, Hoon, I don’t want to be disturbed."

            "Ah, I'm sorry, Hyung!" Hoon said and immediately felt guilty. "Well, I'm here looking for a novel, but when I saw you’re here I remembered something."

            "What?"

            "Mrs. Hyeri asked you to go to see her after school, Hyung. "

            Soohyun forehead frowned confused. Mrs. Hyeri is a theater club builder, his club. "So what? Why does she want to see me?" he asked and Hoon shook his head. "She didn’t tell you?"

            "Not. That's all she told me, Hyung," said Hoon.

            "Oh. Ok, thanks for telling me, Hoon-ah!" said Soohyun and smiled at Hoon. Suddenly, his mobile phone vibrated. There is an incoming message. His heart was pounding when he saw the name of the sender. Jessica!!!

 

            From: Sica

            Where are you? Why didnt you say it to me directly? Are you afraid if I rejected? Hehe... ok, I'll be there! Anyway, whether we're going home together later??

 

            Yesss!!! Soohyun could not resist his joy. His face flushed and did not stop smiling. Hoon who was sitting next to him was surprised to notice his attitude.

 

            To: Sica

            I want to go home with you, but Mrs. Hyeri wanted to see me after school. Will you wait for me??

 

            "Hyung, what's wrong with you? You look so happy," asked Hoon when Soohyun put his mobile phone on the table.

            "Why do you want to know, huh?" Soohyun asked back in annoyed tone, but his face wass still smiling.

 

***

 

            Soohyun's eyes widened after hearing Mrs. Hyeri’s words. "I will appear in the next month's show of theater?" asked Soohyun, could not trust what he’d heard.

            Mrs. Hyeri steady nodded with a smile. "Yes. You're going to perform. The show is also to celebrate the school's birthday," said Mrs. Hyeri. "You like it?" she asked and Soohyun nodded eagerly. Mrs. Hyeri’s smile widened to know that. "Thank God. I've long noticed your progress in the theater club and it’s getting good. So that I chose you to perform in the play. As the main role."

            The main role?! Soohyun’s hearts was bursting in excited. This is what he wanted since he joined the club. "Thank you, Ma'am!" That was all he could say to Mrs.Hyeri.

            "Not at all, Mr. Shin!" replied Mrs. Hyeri. "Well, that's all the information that I want to say to you. Details about the show I'll tell you on Saturday at practice. Don’t forget to come!"

            "Yes, Ma'am! I’ll be definitely coming!" said Soohyun excited. He got up from his chair and bowed to Mrs. Hyeri before leaving the room.

 

***

 

            "Sica ya, you're here?" asked Tiffany, who was waiting to Kyuhyun to picked her up in front of the gate of their school, as usual. By chance she met Jessica who had already been there. "I think you're home already."

            Jessica chuckled, then glanced at her watch in her hand. Almost thirty minutes! Her face turned grim. "I'm waiting Soohyun. We will go home together but he should meet Mrs. Hyeri first," she said.

            "Soohyun? Shin Soo Hyun?" asked Tiffany with shocked expression. When Jessica answered it with a steady nod, Tiffany's eyes widened. "Since when do you close with him? I mean with boy?"

            "Yaaa!!! What do you mean?" asked Jessica as she pushed Tiffany's shoulder slowly. Her face flushed at the moment. "I've been close to him for a long time. Our house is also pretty close and sometimes we go to school and go home together."

            "My God... why didn’t you tell me?"

            "Well, I think that's not important right? I mean you never ask. Why do I have to tell you that?" Jessica looked away and found Soohyun’s figure running toward them. "That's him!" she pleased, and then waved her hand at Soohyun. "Why so long?" she asked while pouting at him when Soohyun was between them.

            Soohyun just a grinned, felt guilty for making Jessica wait. "I'm sorry! That's why I bought you a drink. Take it!" he said, giving a glass of strawberry juice for Jessica. "Ah, Tiffany, I'm sorry I didn’t buy you a drink! I don’t know if you were with Sica," he admitted at Tiffany.

            Tiffany chuckled. "It's okay, Soohyun ah! I also accidentally met Sica here," she said. She secretly jealous of Soohyun’s sweetness to Jessica and hope Kyuhyun could behave like that to her.

            "Fany ya, we go home!" said Soohyun before leaving Tiffany alone.

            "Yeah, Fany. Bye!" said Jessica.

 

***

 

            Jessica and Soohyun got off the bus and will continue the journey on foot. Soohyun excitedly telling his election as a main role in the show of next month to Jessica. Jessica also participated happy to hear that.

            "Then, when will the practice start?" asked Jessica.

            "Saturday," answered Soohyun.

            "Saturday?" Jessica repeated Soohyun answer to a question. "Yaaa, do you forget that day we also would go to the cinema?"

            "Take it easy! I remember that. Moreover, the practice will start from eight in the morning until four in the afternoon. We will go to the cinema at seven in the evening. I still have time right?"

            "Yeah, I know that, but... are you not tired? What if you fall asleep in the cinema?" said Jessica. "Should we postpone it?"

            "No thanks. I've been wanting to go there with you. Maybe we still have a lot of time, but we don’t know if we could go or not. You can go there on Saturday and me too. No need to worry, Sica! Ok?"

            Jessica glanced at his figure, then she pouted her lips. "Who’s worry about you?"

            Soohyun only ruffled Jessica’s hair after hearing her words. "Obviously you'd worry about me!" Soohyun said. "We've arrived at your house!"

           Jessica stared into the right side of the road and they've arrived in front of her house. She did not even notice. "You want to come in?" she asked, making small talk as she unlocked the gate of her house.

            Soohyun shook his head. "Next time maybe. Bye, Sica!"

            "Bye! Anyway, Good luck to your main role ya!"

 

***

-To Be Continued-