ღ Review | Requiem for the Reckless

ღ ♥ Sueweetie's Boutique ✿ Graphics-Layouts-Reviews ♥ ღ {BUSY+NOT ACCEPTING}

stσrч títlє: Requiem for the Reckless

rєvíєwєr: Suweetiesama

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ღ Title(4/5): Darn, this title was surprising, indeed. It’s very unique. It gives me a feeling that your story will be very deep and overloaded with angst or something. What I don’t get is why did the title include ‘reckless’. Based on your characterization, I assumed, in the foreword/description, the characters all seemed like hopeless or devastated people. Reckless, in my opnion, doesn’t seem to fit quite right.

ღ Poster&Background(4/5): Well, you don’t really have a poster but that picture there was okay. It matched the theme of angst well, maybe sligtly horror too if you look at it in a different view. The background matches well with the picture so kudos to you.  But the chapter posters were pretty so I guess that made up for the empty poster for the foreword.

ღ Forword&Description(7/10): Your foreword/ description gave me a strong sense of angst and slice of life as you suggested so I’m happy to say you stuck well to your genre. In addition, I got a slight glimpse at the characters’ life/personalities/what happened to them but you never gave out the names so it was mysterious and got me curious.

ღ Plot’s uniqueness(16/20): Sorry to say but this story line is only in the middle, I like the different background stories of the characters but fanfics about lives of different people, you could find that alot. In fact, there were a lot I have encountered during reading fanfics. The only cliche part I say is just the part where it tells different aspects of characters’ lives.

ღ Flow(17/20): Considering how one chapter is like a oneshot, I couldn’t really judge the flow but to me, it seemed fine. Nothing was rushed or slowed down so overall, your flow is a thumbs up!

ღ Grammar&Spelling(17/20):

Chapter 2: “... at the man who wreaked of alcohol.” -> “...at the man who reeked of alcohol.”
Chapter 2: “Laughing darkly the man turned...” -> “Laughing darkly, the man turned...”
Chapter 2: “That’ll teach you to ing talk to me like that.” It’s gramatically correct but means differently from what you’re trying to say. From how you worded it, it sounded as if he slapped her to teach her to talk like that not lecture her for speaking that way. Hard to explain but it should be something along these lines, “That’ll teach you not to ing talk to me like that/in such manner.”
Chapter 2: “Fully aware of the consequences.” I think that’s a fragment sentence, better connect that sentence to the sentence before that with a simple comma.
Chapter 2: “ Min.” You REALLY need a comma there. If you didn’t, it would sound as if CL is calling Min, . -> “, Min.”

I couldn’t really catch much mistakes. I only listed a few above. Most of the times, you’re just missing commas. Overall, you have really good grammar and spelling.

I know I said I would only point out a few mistakes but this caught my eye and I felt like typing it down.

For chapter 3, You wrote, “Oh Guk, You’re father’s just teasing.” You used the wrong ‘your’. It should be ‘your’ not ‘you’re’. “You’re father...” would mean, “You are father...” and that makes no sense.

Also, remember to proofread! You spelled some words wrong in many areas. I don’t mean typos because you spelt ‘had’ as ‘hand’.

ღ Words(9/10): WOW. LIKE WOW. You used beautiful and outstanding words but not too much that made too fancy and frilly. The amount of pretty words you used made the story interesting and pretty to read. I’m just so amazed.

ღ Interest&Enjoyment(8/10): This is like the 2nd or 3rd time an angst story really got to me. Angst is not always my thing, I tried sometimes, but I usually go for comedy or romance but I enjoyed this a lot. I loved it so much. You’ve written the story in a nice manner. I never read such an amazing slice of life story. This really sparked tears in me. It felt so real and alive, I couldn’t help but continue reading.

ღ Overall Grade: 82%

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kamsahamnida for requesting at Sueweetie's Boutique.
Don't forget to credit us in your foreword & description.
Special thanks to our reviewer!