Chapter 9

I'm not that easy, Kim Jongin

BAEKHYUN’s POV

            I watched as D.O. went back to his seat with Kai. I never thought I’ll meet him here. Then, I looked at Sehun. The brunette that sat opposite to me blabbered about or someone or something named Lu… Lukan? Luchan? Luhan? I don’t know. Pity Sehun. He’s telling me everything under the sun and beyond the stars but my head was in somewhere else. I took a sip of my peach bubble tea. Hmm, this is really thirst-quenching. I really like all the bubble teas that was sold at this café. I really like the workers. I really like the.. café. They reminded me of Chanyeol. Yes, Chanyeol.

 

FLASHBACK

I unlocked my locker with my key locker that got SNSD’s keychain with it. A piece of paper fell out of the locker. The wind was blowing. Making it fell onto the ground. I kneeled, putting all my weight on my left knee and took the piece. What’s this? Someone left a note for me.

Hey cutie. I know this is weird and awkward since I’m a stranger to you. But, will you go out with me? Please :)

DAVICHI BUBBLE TEA CAFÉ, 3PM. See you there!

Okay?  xoxo, Chanyeol".

I blinked for a few times. I read the message again, trying to fathom every single word and the meaning of this message. Chanyeol asked me out. Yup. He did. Aaaaaah! I giggled and smiled at the note my biggest crush ever slipped in my locker. Wow, this is like a whole life dream came true! I never thought I do exist in his life. All this time, I thought I’m invisible, unseen.

From that moment, I kept on smiling, from ear to ear, all the way to my last period, Biology. My favorite subject! It’s too easy. You just have to remember all the parts of the body and every single detail about it and more. Just memorize. That’s all. I’m genius. I can get an A plus even though I study at the eleventh hour. I opened the lab door. . I’m late and everyone’s here. I knocked the door and bowed to the teacher. I apologized to the teacher for being late. I saw my lab partner, Xiumin waving at me as I made my way towards my normal place. I didn’t noticed that I’m still smiling proudly. People around me started giving me a few glances. I ignored them and listened to the teacher’s lecture.

Class ended. I packed my stuffs and put it inside my bag. I went out of the bio lab with Xiumin and walked towards my locker. Hmm, go back to my house. Change clothes and then, go to date with Chanyeol! Wait! D.O. ! I forgot that I have to hangout with D.O. today, accompany him doing his revision for the test next week. Hm, I should stop by at his locker and gave him some message that I have an appointment to go.

I went to D.O.’s locker, opened it. I took a red sticky note in his locker and wrote something on it.

“Hey weirD.O. I’m sorry that I left you. Chanyeol asked me out. How can I reject that invitation, right? Be safe :)

xoxo, Baekhyun”

There! Now, I can go back to my house and get ready for the date. God, I can’t wait for the date to happen!

I sashayed  to my house. I hurriedly went upstairs and got into my room, leaving the door ajar. I opened my wardrobe that was situated opposite to my bed. It squeaked a little. I have to lubricate it with grease next time.  Hmm, what should I wear for this evening? I scanned all of my clothes, taking time to choose my outfit for the day. After spending almost 10 minutes to think, I decided to wear my favorite white tee with a dark blue cardigan. Suddenly, my phone beeped. . 15 minutes left. I wore the tee shirt and the cardigan within a matter of time, I’m in rush. I quickly slipped on my grey skinny denims. I also applied some eyeliner because my eyes were so small. I looked.. hot. I sprayed a cologne that my bought from Europe, making me smelled as nice as ever.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked good. I went out of my house and grabbed a taxi and went to DAVICHI BUBBLE TEA CAFÉ.

The bell rang as I pushed the door open. I looked around the café. There’s no sign of Chanyeol. I decided to sit and wait for him. I walked towards the seat at the corner. More private, hehe. I sat and waited and waited until I dozed off into dreamland.

My sleep was interrupted by a beep from my phone. I hurriedly took my phone out of my pocket. It’s a message from D.O., I sighed. Where’s Chanyeol?!!

D.O.: I’m fine. Go and have fun with him! Hwaiting!

I chuckled at the message.

Baekkie: Okay, you too, have fun, alone. Ke ke ke. Bye :*

            I looked at my watch. It’s 3.40pm now! I’ve been waiting for him for freaking 40 minutes! Arrgghhh!! I stood on my feet and walked towards the door entrance. As I was about to leave the café, there he is, my prince charming. With….. 2 girls?!! you, Park Chanyeol. What was that?! I continued with my walking towards the door. I want to leave this place. Im not going to date with him with other 2 es. But then, I was blocked by Chanyeol.

            “Hey cutie. Where are you going?”, he asked me with his hoarse voice.

            I rolled my eyes at him. “Back home. Where else?”.

            “Wait wait wait. Are you going back? Seriously? Are you mad? I just came here. You can’t be mad at me and leave me. Come here”, he opened his arms, trying to give me a hug. I pushed his hand away and yelled, “I’ve been waiting for you for 40 minutes. And you came here with 2 girls?! You said we’re going out!”. Yup, I yelled at him. Right at his face.

            “Babe, don’t be mad. Just accompany these 2 girls. They’ve got nothing to do with me. Nothing at all”, he explained. Acceptable or unacceptable?

            Acceptable. I moved my eyes to the 2 girls and nodded. “Okay”.

            “Yay!”, he jumped in happiness.

            We moved to our seat that he chose. Right at the entrance. He let me sit on a chair opposite to him, in a gentleman way. Okay, I never ever ever talked to him. Eh, I did talk to him, but that was centuries ago. I bumped into him in front of his class. He said ‘sorry’. Okay, that was only a word. But it still counted. And that was when the first time  I ever saw his perfect face, his perfect figure. His perfectness. And during that very first time, my heart fell on him. Yeah, I loved him at the first sight! Cliché.

            Awkward silent. We didn’t talk to each other for a couple of minutes until a waiter took our order. I ordered a chocolate bubble tea and Chanyeol asked for cappuccino. Why did he ordered for cappuccino when we’re at a ‘bubble tea café’?

            “What’s your name? Where do you live? Which class are you from? Are you single? Or maybe in relationship with someone? Who is it?”, he interviewed me.

            I stared at him. Trying to fathom what he’s asking. But then it clicked my mind, he asked me about myself. I started to introduce myself, “My name is Byun Baekhyun. Just call me Baekhyun. I live at Hongdae. I’m from the first class. And yes, I’m single and available”. I don’t know how I got the gut to do this, but I winked at him! Dear myself, you’re such a tease!

            Chanyeol blinked his eyes for a couple of times. “Did you just winked at me?”.

            Blood rushed to my face, making me blushing hard. My face as red as tomato. I nodded lightly, regret for winking at him. I felt a hand on my chin, lifting my head. I looked at the owner of the long hand. It’s Chanyeol as I’ve already expected. He beamed at me. Making me blush harder.

            “Another question. Will you be my-“, his question was interrupted by a full-attired blonde waiter. The waiter gave us the beverages that we’ve ordered. I took a sip of my thirst-quenching chocolate bubble tea. Yummy. I closed my eyes, trying to get the taste of it. To get the feeling of drinking this drink. But then was disturbed by a voice. “Wait a minute”. Chanyeol made his way to the counter. Maybe he wants to pay for our drinks.

             I gulped my bubble tea while humming to I GOT A BOY by my all-time favorite group, Girls’ Generation. I tapped my finger at the table to the rhythm of the song. But then, I realized that I’ve been humming to the song for a few times. Meaning, Chanyeol has been away for a few times multiply to 4 minutes which means a total of maybe 10 minutes. I moved my sight to the counter. I looked at the counter, the place where Chanyeol went. My tiny eyes widen. I can’t believe what I just saw. He’s FLIRTING with the cashier! It’s okay, Baekhyun. Maybe he just wants to test my patience. I reassured myself. I my chest, relaxing myself. Be patient.

            As I waited for Chanyeol, a familiar figure walked pass me. Chanyeol. He left me. That frigging guy left me without leaving me any words. And.. he left me with a girl, the cashier.

            Nanosecond. Yeah, it took me a nanosecond to reflex and stood on my feet and ran after Chanyeol. I tugged the hem of shirt from the back, making his track stopped. He turned his body around, facing me. Still hand in hand with the . Okay, sorry. With the girl.

            “Where are you going? I thought we are going out. Not you going out”. I emphasized the word YOU. He rolled his round and big eyes at me in return.

            He leaned his mouth to my ear and whispered, “Yeah. We are going out. But now, we’re done. I’m going out again, but with another girl”. I closed my eyes tightly, and clenched my fists, holding my anger. I held up my right hand and slapped him right at the face. Making his left cheek turned red. He just stood there, do nothing. He sent me a death glare, which sending shivers down to my spine. I closed my eyes and looked down, at the cream-colored tiles.

            I just stood there, in front of the café. Left alone, by my own crush, Park Chanyeol.

END OF FLASHBACK

            My daydream (more of a flashback, really) was disturbed when Sehun elbowed me from the right.

            “Ouch”, I winced slightly. That’s mean, Sehun.

            “What are you thinking about?”. I shook my head and smiled shamefacedly.

            “Nothing. Just thinking about someone”.

            “Who is it? Your crush?”. I nodded. Sehun’s eyes widen as wide as ever.

            “Who is it? Tell me! Tell me!”, Sehun pleaded. He asked me so enthusiastically. He even put his hand on my side and shook me and turned me to face him, to tell him the truth. I hesitated a bit. I resisted. But then, Sehun gave me my weakness. He shot me with his cuteness. His aegyo. He did the one that he learnt from his cousin, bbuing bbuing. I forced a smile at him.

             “Okay okay, I gave up. It’s….. Chanyeol”, I said hesitantly. His eyebrows turned into a crease. I continued, “The kingka. I dated with him once, at this very place. That’s why I always came here, if you noticed. But, he cheated on me, right in front of me during our first and last and only date”. Tears started to running down  my cheeks. Sehun gave me a pity look. He looked at my watery eyes. At my wet cheeks. At my trembling lips. At my red nose. I closed my eyes, trying to stop the tears from falling out like a waterfall, but failed. I wanted to forget him. I have always wanted to. But I can’t. I even tried to hate him. I’ve tried to hate his flaws. But it always turned into a disaster. I will cry for a long time. The memory of him always bring me into tears. He always came into my mind. Into my sleep. Into my dream. Into my life… How can I forgot him?

            I told Sehun everything. From A till Z. From 1 till infinity. I didn’t miss any part. Sehun shed into tears. “Don’t cry”, I told him while wiping his tears with my thumb. “Now now now. Tell me about your crush”, I told him in a joy tone. His face flushed. His face suddenly turned red. He’s blushing. He lowered his head and looked at the ground. Then, without me realizing, he pointed his index finger bit by bit to the guy behind the counter. The guy was quite cute. He got a baby face, bubbly face like me. He’s fair-haired. He’s wearing a cream tee with a brown apron. His hair combed neatly. Nice taste, Sehun. I smirked to myself, I got a plan!