Chapter 4

I'm not that easy, Kim Jongin

KAI’s POV

            Hmm.. This is fun. This guy is cute and unique. He looks cute just by wearing a simple clothes. And his big eyes, are surprisingly big. His smiles never fail to make me amaze me. Even though I didn’t show it in a physical way, my heart beats as fast as ever when he gave me his smiles.

            I smiled to myself as the nerd’s back faced me. Walking to his class. He looked so.. eh wait. I don’t even know his name.

            “Hey you!”, I called him before he was about to enter his class. I ran towards him and give him my y smile, or should I say smirk?

            “What’s your name?”.

            “Uhhh.. Do Kyung… Soo”, he stuttered a little bit.

            “Okay, Kyungsooo. I’ll keep that in my mind and in my HEART”. I carve a heart shape on my chest with my both index fingers.

            For that, I received another blush from him. Can he stop blushing? Who is he? Is he a blushing machine or something.

            “Okay Kyungsoo. I gotta go. Study hard, okay? Bye”, with that, I gave him a wink and left. Making my way to my next destination. The school principal’s office.

            I knocked the thick door and a few seconds later, I received a signal that told me to come in. “Come in”, said someone with a hoarse voice. I assumed it’s the principal.  I entered the room.

            “Oh Kai. How can I help you?”. He knew me. I’m the son of the school biggest sponsor. How can he not know me, right?

            “I wanna change my schedule”.

            He gave me a weird look. And then nodded in agreement. “Okay”.

            I smiled to myself. Jackpot! After the process of changing my class schedule for the whole semester ended, I left. Went to my next ‘new’ class. And it’s…. Physical Education. This is going to be more fun than I ever thought.

 

 

NO ONE’s POV

 

            D.O. was walking to the gym. He got PE class today which is the class that he hate the most. Cuz he’s the nerd type, the one read books all the time. Not the sporty type that used to play and be active nonstop for 2 periods equal one hour.

            D.O. sighed.

            The next thing he hates after PE class is the locker room. That room always gave him. Eh correction, gave everyone this some kind of smelly smell. The kind of smell that makes your nose hair erect and straighten up. Yup, he really hate the locker room. Room full of sweat. And…. shirtless bodies.

            He went to his locker. Woah, some rich guy move his locker next to him. New neighbor, I’d say. The locker beside him is red in color. Unlike the rest which is black and grey. Dull color. Can’t the school afford at least a bunch of colorful locker?

            He opened his locker. Staring at his reflection on the mirror that was hanging on his locker’s door. Why are my eyes so big? He shook his head. Mom told me to be grateful. Thank you, god. For giving me such a cute and big eyes. He chuckled. Cute, haha. That’s not me. He pulled out his PE shirt from his backpack. He looked around. No one’s here. He took off his shirt. He was about to wear the PE shirt but suddenly stopped by his new neighbor. It’s as if the hell want to punish him. It’s Kai again, again and again.

            Kai looked at D.O. and gave him his infamous smirk. Kai took D.O.’s shirt and tiptoed making him taller than before. He waved the shirt to D.O., right in front of the face. D.O. was undeniably short. He tried to take it back. But due to his physical appearance, short, it’s hard for him to take it.

            Kai ran and D.O. ran after him. They ran around the locker room. Their arms and elbows banged against the locker a little when they ran, making some noise. And one moment, Kai turned back and threw the shirt to D.O.’s face, blocking his sight. D.O. bumped into Kai and fell on him.

            It’s a really awkward and weird position. D.O on Kai. Both breathless. Both panting hard. D.O is half . Shirtless.

            “Ehem ehem”, someone cleared his throat. The teacher, Kim Taecyeon. He’s wearing a shirt that hugged his muscular body. Hot. A whistle on his neck. Holding a file and a pen in his hand. He tapped his foot.

            “Both of you are late! 5 laps”. He looked at both of them, still in their awkward position. “After you get changed. Hurry”. He turned and walked to the gym back. Giving a disgusted look as he left.

 

D.O’s POV

 

            Well, that was really embarrassing. I got up from him and took my shirt from his hand harshly. And gave him a death glare. I received a smirk from him in return. What was that? Smirk?! During this time? I wore my shirt  and left Kai in the locker room, alone.

            I don’t really care about him right now. I’m mad. It’s obvious my anger is rising. My face was as red as tomato dipped in a red syrup and then, dipped in a red paint. Too red. I’m mad and embarrassed.

            I walked to the running lap. 5 laps, I sighed. I already hated playing basketball. How can I run for laps. 5 laps. Freaking 5 laps! I don’t know who to blame. But I think I should put the blame on him. He took my shirt which makes me late. So, he deserved it right?

            As I sashayed to the track, Kai called me.

            “Yah Do Kyungsoo!! Wait for me”.

            I ignored him and keep on with my walking. Cursing him in my breath.

            I can hear his footsteps nearer and nearer. And then, there he is. Right behind me. One hand on my shoulder, making me stop.

            “What do you want? I want to start this running thingy thing as soon as possible”, I said, still facing forward. My back facing him. I don’t want to see his face. Cuz I’m so mad right now. I’m afraid I’ll slap him if I look at his jerk face.

            “Are you mad?”. No, I’m freaking happy and excited. Tchh.

            “No, I’m freaking happy and excited.Tchh”. Woooops. I accidentally spit the word out of my mouth.

            “Okay, you’re mad. I’m sorry”.

            “Yes. I’m mad”. We’re now at the track. I took a deep breath, and breath out slowly. 1, 2, 3 RUN!

            I started running. Oh my god. This is tiring!       

            The first two round was okay. But the third round was really really really tiring. My pace started to slow. I didn’t run. I started to walk. Kai started to reduce his pace. Walking right beside me. Trying to follow my rhythm which is very slow. I’m tired. My head was spinning. My sight blurred a bit. The next thing I knew, I fell onto the ground.

 

 

KAI’s POV

            I walked beside D.O. I do realized that his pace slowed. I tried to reduce my pace too. Walking beside him. I wanted to hold him. But I knew that I’m not that close with him to do that. While I was walking, enjoying the scenery beside me on the right, I heard a bump. I only look away from him for only a few seconds. And during that very few seconds, he fall onto the ground. Rehydration maybe.

            I’m surprised. I don’t know what to do. My brain didn’t work. Jammed. Then, it clicked right into my mind. D.O.’s unconscious I quickly made an action. I lifted him, bridal style. Ran to the school gym.

            Mr. Taecyeon look surprised. He stared at me, confusedly. He eyed D.O. After that, he understand what happened.

            “To the sickbay! The sickbay!”, Mr. Taecyeon yelled at me.

            I nodded and ran straight to the sickbay. I walked down the hallway. Running, ignoring all those students who look at me weirdly. The sickbay was allocated at the corner of hallway. Why does it have to be so far?! I sighed in frustration.

            I reached there. Knocking on the door and bursted into it. The nurse looked at me.

            “My friend was dehydrated. Hurry!”. She nodded and pointed to the bed at the left. I put Kyungsoo on the bed.

            The nurse took some  antibiotic or medicine (I failed biology, sorry) at the rack beside the door. She then injects a liquid, medicine maybe into Kyungsoo, at his arm. I Don’t know what to do. I just let the nurse do all the works.

            After waiting for 15 minutes something, the nurse has done doing her work. “Do you want to accompany him and look after him? Or do you want me to do that?”.

            I shook my head. “Aniya, it’s okay. I can look after him”.

            She nodded. “Okay. Do not disturb him. Let him lay still for 2 or 3 minutes when he wake up”.
            “Okay. Thanks”. I bowed to her and she left.

            I grabbed a chair and put it beside Kyungsoo’s bed and sat on it. I looked at him worriedly. I gazed at his face. It’s warming. It’s beautiful. His big eyes. His fatty lip. His perfect nose. Beautiful. I was mesmerized by his beauty. My hand suddenly touched his eyes. Imagining his big eyes opened. I chuckled a bit. Then my hand on his nose. And then stopped at his mouth. I nibbled it a bit with my fingers making him shifted a bit but still asleep. Woah, that was close. In the end, I ended up sleeping beside him. My hands intertwined with him. I’m smiling. And so does he.