Chapter 3

I'm not that easy, Kim Jongin

D.O.’s POV

My eyes hurt from the bright light that shine through the window, piercing my eyes. I forced myself to wake up. My head hurts. Oh, I drank last night. With.. Baekhyun and…. Kai.

Suddenly, the whole episode that happened last night flashed into my mind. Met Baekhyun. Drunk. Danced with Kai. And, …. slapped Kai. Oh my god. I’m so dead. I don’t feel like going to school. But my parents are sure going to kick my out, asking me to go to school.

I don’t want to meet Kai, and his friends and the rest of the school. Please.

I grabbed my towel and walked to the bathroom. I shaved my mustache that was about to visible. While looking at my reflection, I realized that I don’t look that bad. I’m handsome actually. Haha. After taking my morning shower, I hurriedly wear my usual clothes from my wardrobe. Hmm, what should I wear today? I chose my red till-the-knee jean. And a checked shirt, tucked in. Then, I grabbed my glasses and wear it. Perfect.

I went downstair and my nose sensed a smell, my mom’s cooking. I saw my mom in her pink apron, making breakfast. Sandwiches with mayonnaise and some vegetables. My favorite! I grinned to myself.

“Hey mom! Yum yum. Mayonnaise”, I said to her.

She looked at me. “Yahh Kyungsoo. It’s 7.55 a.m. right now! And the school starts at 8! Hurry and go to school!”.

She handed me a lunchbox which contain maybe sandwiches that she just made for me. I have to skip my breakfast again.

I hung my backpack on my back. It’s kind of heavy. Maybe because of the books that I brought. Too many. I started my journey to my school. I walked alone. Whistling and humming to some random songs all the way to school, forgot that I’m late and the school will starts in a few minutes. Even though I’m a nerd, it doesn’t make me the one who always follow the rules. I’m a rule breaker.

Suddenly, my eyes caught a figure running fast and blocked me. It’s someone named.. Kai. What is his problem again?

He looked at me. Giving me a death glare. I looked at the ground, trying to look away from his gaze. I can’t face him, after what happened last night.

I tried to open my mouth to apologize about last night, but I found myself unable to. What’s wrong with me?

He put his index finger on my chin and lifted my head. Sending shiver down to my spine. Making me looking at him, right in the eyes. I blinked a few times.

“Hey pretty nerdie”, he said and smiled, not smirked. Wow.

I rolled my eyes. “What do you want again?”.

“What’s your name, pretty?”, Pretty. I blushed.

“Why do you wanna know?”, I asked him while looking at the left. Trying to give him the signal that I’m not happy with his presence here.

 

 

KAI’s POV

I walked to the school today, alone. Where the heck is Chanyeol and Kris?! As I walked and walked, I saw a figure that looks familiar. Oh, it’s the nerd guy.

I walked towards him and blocked him with my hand. He stared at me. I just stood there and smirked.

“Hey pretty nerdie”, I said, sarcastically.

He rolled his big and round eyes to me. “What do you want again?”. I want you.

“What’s your name, pretty?”, I asked, in a flirty tone. He blushed. Cute.

“Why do you wanna know?”. Cuz you’re cute and pretty.. and perfect.

“Cuz I just feel like doing it”.

He looked at me with blank face. I smirked.

“Now princess, would you mind if I accompany you to the school, since we’re from the same school and my gang are no where to be found”.

He was about to shake his head.

But I shook my head first. “No no no princess. You’re not going to reject me. You’re coming with me”.

I grabbed his hand and walked. I intertwined our hands together. I can feel that he’s blushing hard. Heh, this guy is not as hard as I expected.

I smirked to myself.

 

D.O.’s POV

The whole journey to the school feels like a year even though it only took us 5 minutes to walk. Walking next to the kingka is really.. awkward. Walking next to the king of kingka is really… I don’t know. I can’t describe it with words. Too many feelings mixed in just 10 minutes. Shy, happy, embarrassed, awkward and more.

During the journey to the school, we passed a limousine. Suddenly, the driver of the car got out from the car and stood in front of Kai, eyes on the road, lowering his head. Who is this guy? Creepy.

“Mr. Kai, get inside. You can’t walk to school without your best friends”. The guy in a black tuxedo and a black sunglasses said. His voice is hoarse, loud and serious.

Kai sighed. “They’re not my bodyguard. It’s not like there’s someone out there that want to kill me”. He looked at me and then said “By the way, I got this cute little guy to accompany me. I’m fine”.

“Bbbb.. but-“, he was trying to say something but then, he was cut by Kai.

“No but. Just let me do anything I want. And I want to spend my time with this cute nerd over here”. Did he just called me cute for 2 times in just 5 minutes?! Awww.

I looked down. Blood rushed to my cheek. I blushed a bit. Damn my cheek. Can’t stop blushing. After that, he grabbed my hand again, smiling at me. Waved to the guy in the tuxedo which is probably his bodyguard, and left. He pulled out his iPod touch and listened to a song. I think it’s Electric Shock by f(x). Wow, he does listen to girls’ song. Unexpected.

After that, we reached our destination, __school name___ a.k.a HELL! We received a punishment by Mr. Lee Jinki or we called him Mr. Onew, the discipline teacher who was guarding and punishing those who are late, like us.

We have to make 100 times push-up. Urghh, my day start with sweats. How would it end today huh? My body smells sweat. Sticky. Yuck. Can this day turned into worse than this? I sighed again, in frustration.

Just then, I realized something. Walking with him is not that bad. But intertwined my hand with his is another new whole level. It always send shiver down my spine. Making me nervous. Stutter in every single word as if my brain does no longer work. Making my day turned upside down a bit. What’s my problem? Like seriously, I’m not gay! I love ies and girls. But, every time he smiled and smirked at me, I can’t control myself from blushing. Seriously, what’s wrong with me? I asked myself. But was unable to tell the reasons why.

 

Again, what’s wrong with me?