Chapter 7

I'm not that easy, Kim Jongin

D.O's POV

I don’t want to move to the other school. When we reached our house, I quickly get into the house and made my way towards the upstair, to my room. I slammed the door, harshly. Okay, that was too overreacting but that’s the fact and reasonable. I’m mad. How can I not do that? Moving me to the other school without my own permission. That’s like you’re forcing me. And that’s… unacceptable.

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration.

Urgh! I sighed. I sat at the edge of my bed and lay down. My face facing up the ceiling. I don’t want to move. I can’t. I wont! How can I survive at the new school? What if I got a new bully? What if the teachers over there weren’t as good as MAMA HIGH SCHOOL? What if the food doesn’t taste good? What if no one want to befriend with me because of my big eyes? What if there’s even creepier guy than Chanyeol? What if the kingkas over there weren’t as hot and arrogant yet kind as Kai.

I got up, still sitting on the bed. I can’t do this! I stamped my feet on the floor.

Suddenly, a few knocks can be heard,

“Come in..”, I said, toneless. It’s mom,  like I’ve expected. I low my head, my sight facing the floor.

“Kyungsoo..”. She made her way beside me and sat beside me. She put her hand on my back and it. It’s warming yet annoying and irritating.

“Kyungsoo…”, she cried again because of no answer from me.

I stood up and yelled, “What?! Why do you want to make me move?! Just because of that guy?! That freaking Kim Jongin?! He didn’t give any effect to me. Not even bit..”, I trailed off. Then, I continued, my voice increased by a few decibels. “I promise! I’ll maintain my result. I’ll never ever skip class again. I’ll never…. I’ll do my best to please you and make you happy”.

She lowered her head. Tears started to run down her cheeks, making it wet. Did I just made her cry? She cried because of me? Guilty started to fill my body. I kneeled beside her and wipe her tears with my thumb. I put her in my arm, embracing her, trying to calm her down.

“Mom, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you”, I told her, sulking a bit.

But in the end, I received no respond. She didn’t reply.

I pouted and plead, and also try to make cute faces.

“Mom, I already told you, I’m sorry from my head to toe. Please don’t be mad at me”, I told her again, trying to convince her that I’m really sorry.

She shook her head slightly and pulled away my arm, escaping my embrace. “I’m not mad at you. I’m just upset with myself. I can’t believe I failed to raise you as a good boy, as a good son. You never ever yell at me. And, you yelled at me just now. I’m not a good mother. I can’t even make you move to a new school. I failed in raising you. I’m not a good mother”. She hit her head with her hand many times, lightly.

I tried to stop her from hitting her head, but failed.

“Mom, don’t do this”, I hugged her while crying.

“I’m not a good mother!”, she repeated it many times while struggling, trying to get out of my cuddle.

I tighten my hug. “Mom, please”, I pleaded, my voice shaking.

“No! I’m wrong. And you’re right! I shouldn’t forced you to move to the other school”.

I pulled my hand away from her and stood up.

“You’re perfect Umma. It’s me who failed to be a good son. You’ve done everything. No, you’ve done your best to raise me well. You didn’t do anything wrong!”. With that, I left her alone in my bedroom.

I went downstair, leaving her alone at upstair. The stairs squeaked as I step on it. This stairs are old. Shouldn’t we move to another house? Instead of moving me to the other school?

Where should I go? To the park. I grabbed my beanie and made my way outside the house. It’s hot. I mean, really hot. The scorching sun is grilling me. Sweat. My clothes are now hugging my body, sticky, due to all the sweats. Urgh, I sighed.

I walked to the park. It’s my favorite place. It’s calming, warming. A perfect place to relax my mind. But, it’s kind of hot right now. No, D.O. Positive thinking. Sun, photosynthesis, oxygen. Great, I can get some fresh air here. I chuckled at the thought. I took a deep breath and then, breathe out slowly. I did this repeatedly. After that, I walked towards my usual bench under the tree. It’s facing a lake. Cool, right? I sat on it and leaned on the tree trunk. I closed my big eyes and smiled. I have to clear my mind from all those problems. Think about it later. Right now, I just have to.. ♫You got a message MYNAME♫ ♫You got a message♫. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I unlocked it. I got a message!

Hey. Where are you? I wanna meet you for the last time since it’s your last day. ^^

Who’s this? I replied,

Mind to know who’s this?

Within a minute, I got a reply.

How can you not know me? This is your….. obsession, Kim Jongin. XD

I chuckled at the text. What? He’s my obsession? I’m obsessed with him? Never. I tapped my phone, replying his message.

I’m at somewhere calming. Had a fight with my mother.

I was expecting for a beep but my phone played its new ringtone, We are the future by H.O.T. Unknown number. It’s Kai. Hmphh.

            “Yes, Kim Jongin dear? What do you want?”, I asked in a tone that telling him he’s irritating, while rolling my eyes. Thank god he’s not here. If not, he’ll blew up because I rolled my eyes to him.

            “Where are you, D.O. dear?”. Great, he wanted to play ‘call-me-dear game’ too or what?

            “Park”.

            “Which one, dear?”.

            “Why do you ask? Don’t come here. I want to…”, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around. Like I’ve expected, it’s Kai.

            He smirked at me.

            I turned my head away, ignoring his smirk. I got up from the bench. I want to run away from him. I’m not ready to face him. Not with this condition. He put his hand on my shoulder, smiling. He moved his hand to my chest and then pushed me lightly, making me sit on the bench, startled.

            He flashed me a warming smile.

            He brushed off the dusts on the bench beside me and then sat beside me.

            “Are you still mad? Because of your mom?”.

            I nodded and made a sad face.

            “Now, let me bring you to somewhere else because.. this is the last time we’re going to meet each other”.

            “To where?”, I asked him, giving him a perplexed face.

            He tousled my hair and laughed. “Just follow me”. He then got on his feet and grabbed my hand. He took me to somewhere I don’t know. The walk took us about 10 minutes. Then, we reached… his massive house. Villa maybe? I don’t know. It’s really cool. They got CCTV at the gate, guarding the area. There’s a fountain in front of his house. Wow, he’s really rich. My eyes started moving everywhere, looking at his house like it’s the best house ever.

            Kai chuckled. I look at him and pouted.

            “What?”, I asked him.

            He laughed again and then, mouthed ‘nothing’.

            He told me to enter his house. As I enter his house, the gigantic stair that dominating the hall is really… amazing. But that was nothing to be compared with when you enter its dining hall. The dining table that was covered with red velvet and gold cloth. The leather chairs. The plates and cutleries arranged neatly on the table. Everything was perfect.

            He took me upstairs. He asked me to sit on the sofa in front of the gigantic LCD TV. It’s the biggest television I ever seen! There were even additional speakers for us to hear clearly. Seriously, this is awesome! Daebak!!!!

            “Wait a minute”, he whispered.

            I nodded.

            I waited and waited.

            After a while, he burst out of a room, his bedroom maybe and waved a car key in his hand. He took my hand and took me downstairs and then out of the house. I only got a few second to be intimidated by the house again. When we’re out of the villa, he pointed to… a red Ferrari! Wow. My jaw dropped. This is undeniably… AWESOME!

            I entered the car, awkwardly. I’m still amazed with this sport car. My hand touched the leather cushion. So comforting! The shape of this car. The overwhelming scent that went into your nose when you tried to inhale oxygen.

            He chuckled. “Is there anything wrong with this car?”, he asked. I didn’t reply. My mouth unable to say even a word. Speechless. Amazed.

            He laughed again. He turned to me, and leaned on… me, making me startled. I put my hand on his chest, trying to push him but he’s way too strong. He fight back. Then, a moment later, a click can be heard. Kai’s just trying to fasten my seatbelt! How embarrassing! I blushed, hard. He returned my blush with a smirk. He got on his seat back and fasten seat belt and then started the engine.

            “Ready?”, he asked as he put both of his hand on the steering wheel.       

            I nodded enthusiastically and said in joy, “I’M READDDDDYYYYYYY!” while waving my hands in the air.