Eleven

The Diet Plan

        The two of them didn't leave the room until half an hour later.

        Junghwan thought it was a miracle nobody walked in on them, glancing at the other members as they ate their dinner later that night. His eyes met with Sunwoo's and the other held a thumbs up, making Junghwan roll his eyes. The guilty feeling resurfaced when Sunwoo turned to talk to Dongwoo and Junghwan was left staring at his side profile, drowning in his thoughts.

        Was he taking advantage of Sunwoo? Well, not really. It seemed more like the other way around actually. So was Junghwan just using him? Kind of. He didn't tell the truth about his weight earlier so they can continue with his diet plan. Did he lie just so he can keep kissing Sunwoo?

        Junghwan left that thought unanswered, although in the back of his mind, buried between denial and consience, he knew.

        Knew that he wanted to keep holding on to what he and Sunwoo had right now, whatever it is.

        Junghwan crumpled his mouth and furrowed his eyebrows, deep in thought, seemingly glaring at his food. Oh who was he kidding, there's no point in being solemn, he likes kissing Sunwoo, plain and simple. There, he said it. 

        The male nibbled on his bottom lip worriedly. It was bad enough before, but now that he admitted it to himself, it's even worse.

        A finger was snapped in front of Junghwan's face, interrupting his thoughts and causing him to jerk in his seat. Jinyoung withdrew his hand, looking at the younger with slight concern and raised eyebrows. Their actions caught Chansik's attention and they stared at him as he looked back and forth between the two of them, mouth stuffed with rice and kimchi, before shrugging and turning his attention to the conversation on the other side of the table.

        "What's wrong with you?" Jinyoung asked after turning back to face Junghwan. "Dieting doesn't mean not eating, you know."

        "I know," Junghwan looked down at his plate as the other took a sip from his bowl of soup. "I was just thinking about something."

        "Want to talk about it?"

        "Oh no, it's nothing important," the younger waved a hand in front of him to diminish Jinyoung's concern.

        The older stared at Junghwan suspiciously, studying the other's face before heaving a sigh. "If you say so. But just know that–"

        "–That you're here if I need you, I know, leader-nim," Junghwan smiled softly. "I promise if I'm having trouble with anything I'll come to you."

        "Good," Jinyoung nodded his head. "Just as long as those problems don't involve you losing to bets you started."

        "I didn't start it, that punk did!" Junghwan defended as he pointed an accusing finger at said punk.

        "Who are you calling a punk, you punk!" Sunwoo immediately stood up, almost flipping the table and spilling Chansik's glass of water.

        Dongwoo's plead of 'now, now, children' was unheard over the playful banter between the two more-than-friends friends, the leader's groan, and the maknae's somehow-audible eye roll.

       

       

        Fortunately, Junghwan's week of suffering went by in a flash, what with their schedules piling up.The next couple of months for B1A4 were spent either practising, appearing on variety shows, or doing their individual activities. Junghwan, for example, was casted for the musical remake of "The Thousandth Man". Unfortunately, being busy meant less time to be alone together which meant less time to kiss which meant the diet plan is most definitely going down the drain. And although he didn't want to, Junghwan can't help but think that at least he has an excuse to why he isn't losing as much weight.

        But really, if anything, the hectic schedules had just made them crave for more kisses. As rare as they had become, the times where they do manage to get together in private are filled with frantic, hurried kisses, being pushed up against walls (courtesy of Sunwoo), and desperate pulling of hair or any article of clothing (Junghwan has lost all shame when it comes to these).

        One of these instances happened while preparing for their follow up single "Starlight's Song", in which Sunwoo strained his ankle ligament. It affected their plans for their promotional tour and even though he was told to not worry too much about it, along with his own joking statement that Junghwan should kiss his ankle better, it was clear to the members that it frustrated him. The group went home earlier than usual, although still pretty late, and even with their attempts to cheer Sunwoo up and to think positive, the way he hobbled to his room with an unconvincing smile and an unconvincing excuse of not being hungry showed that he was in a brooding mood. Dinner was a somber affair and afterwards the members took turns showering and either loitering around the living room or the other rooms to give Sunwoo some space. It was half an hour later that Jinyoung cooked some ramyun and went into the rapper's room, coming out a few minutes later and approaching Junghwan.

        "Sunwoo's calling for you," he said, gesturing for the shorter to follow him as he padded to the kitchen.

        "What, why?"

        "Dunno," Jinyoung shrugged, opening the freezer and taking out an ice pack. He then walked towards the counter and wrapped it with a cloth before handing it to Junghwan. "But whatever it is, make sure he eats. Put this on his ankle and tell him to keep his foot elevated. Keep him company for me, yeah?"

        Junghwan received the ice pack with both hands and looked at the other. "Oh, um, okay. Yeah, got it."

        Jinyoung smiled and ruffled the younger's hair. "Thanks, Junghwannie." He made his way towards the couch, plopping down heavily. "I'll be out here if you need me."

        "'Kay," Junghwan answered, approaching Sunwoo's room and knocking on the door, waiting for a second before entering. The other male was seated on the edge of his bed, a small foldable table propped up in front of him as he ate ramyun from the cooking pot. Sunwoo greeted him with a nod of his head and Junghwan responded with a soft "hey", setting the ice pack on a nearby dresser before taking a seat next to his friend. As Sunwoo finished his dinner in silence Junghwan ocuppied himself with staring at the swollen ankle, unconsciously wincing at the hues of red and purple.

        "So," Sunwoo started, pulling Junghwan out of his thoughts. "I kinda can't move much." He followed this up with a meaningful look, patting his thighs, and Junghwan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Sit," he reiterated, tugging on the latter's shirt sleeve.

        Junghwan sighed, already getting an idea why. "Really, now?" he tsked but got on the other's lap nonetheless, setting himself down gently. This was the other's way of seeking comfort and Junghwan was willing to give it. Sunwoo's arms instantly latched themselves around his, bringing his body close and angling his head to meet his lips. They kissed for some time and it was the younger who uncharacteristicly pulled away first, pecking the tip of Junghwan's nose.

        "I feel better now," he grinned, resting his chin on Junghwan's shoulder as the other male hummed in acknowledgement.

        "You taste like ramyun."

        "Consider that as your dessert," Sunwoo quipped and the other huffed in amusement. "Hey," he poked Junghwan's back and the latter let out another hum for him to continue. "You're supposed to take care of me, right? Sleep with me for the night."

        Junghwan pulled back and gave him a judgemental look. "You're a grown man," he said flatly.

        "So are you but that doesn't stop you from sticking your tongue out at me." The shorter made a move to stand up and Sunwoo latched on to him. "Please, Junghwannie? Pweeaase?" Tone a little bit higher, face a whole lot cuter, and Junghwan had to look away because he had a minor weakness to Sunwoo's aegyo.

        "Fine," the other was about to kiss him again and he quickly held a finger up. "But you have to shower first. Your feet stink."

        Junghwan cackled as the other pushed him away, almost losing his balance. He got off of Sunwoo's lap and watched him slowly stand up. "You need help?"

        "Taking a shower?"

        "Getting there, you ."

        Sunwoo hesitated for a second. "No, I'm good–"

        "Don't be a baby," Junghwan looped one of the other's arms over his shoulder. "Grab your stuff and let's go."

        "How was I being a baby?" Sunwoo gaped.

        The older male tilted his head to land a brief kiss on the other's lips. "Don't argue with your knight in shining armor."

        That was enough to motivate Sunwoo and as soon as he was in the shower Junghwan went back to the room to clean up, folding the table to put it away and taking the pot to the sink. Jinyoung had been dozing off when they passed by earlier, but was now awake, eyelids heavy and threatening to shut close again.

        "Go to sleep, hyung." Junghwan patted his arm lightly. "Sunwoo already finished eating and he's taking a shower now."

        "I'm really into this show though," he mumbled and the younger looked to see a bunch of flower puppets talking to each other on screen.

        "Yeah, no, I don't think so." Junghwan turned the TV off as Jinyoung groggily got up. "I'm gonna be sleeping in Sunwoo's room so don't wait for me."

        "Oh? I didn't think you'd go to that extent when I said keep him company."

        "It wasn't- He's the one who asked me to."

        "Yeah, yeah, don't stay up too late," Jinyoung almost ran into the wall and stepped back just in time. "We got idol stuff to do tomorrow."

        "Yes, hyung. Goodnight." Junghwan heard some sort of slurred reply as the leader dissappeared into their shared room and turned around just in time to see Sunwoo emerge from the bathroom.

        "Knight in shining armor?" he called, grinning as he stretched his arms out.

        "Coming, princess."

        Later, Junghwan's plan of sitting Sunwoo up in bed to dry his hair and finally putting the ice pack on his ankle somehow turned into Sunwoo sitting up in bed with Junghwan on his lap, hands combing through damp hair and the ice pack barely managing to get placed on the swollen ankle just before he was pulled into his current position. The longer they kept kissing the harder it was to stop, but when the clock struck two and Sunwoo's hair was significantly dry, Junghwan decided they should probably go to sleep.

        After putting the ice pack aside and propping Sunwoo's ankle on some extra pillows, Junghwan turned off the lights and got in bed next to him, fluffing up his own pillow he had brought in earlier. But leave it to Sunwoo to have other plans.

        "Hey, Junghwan."

        "What?"

        "Get on top of me."

        "No."

        "Then I guess I'll just have to move and disturb my ankle and it'll all be your fault."

        "Oh my God, don't be such a spoiled princess," Junghwan rolled on top of the other, knees on either side of his waist, careful not to disturb the raised leg, and is immediately attacked by kisses. "Is this why you wanted me to sleep with you? Just so you can kiss me some more?"

        "Partly, yeah." And Junghwan didn't mind. He knew the younger was still upset at himself for getting hurt and kisses were all Junghwan had to offer. There were two things he noticed: One, he doesn't think he's ever kissed Sunwoo as much as he had in the past hour and a half, and two, he's never really been on top of Sunwoo either, the latter usually being the one to pin him down. He's not sure he likes it though, he can't mess with the other male's hair like this.

        "We're kissing a lot today," Junghwan murmured against the others lips.

        "Isn't that the plan?"

        "Well yeah," he sighed appreciatively as Sunwoo massaged the nape of his neck. "But we should really get some sleep though."

        Sunwoo just kissed him deeper. "But it feels good, right?" They go back to open mouthed kisses and he nibbled on Junghwan's bottom lip, biting a bit harder than usual.

        It must be the fatigue meddling with their brain-to-mouth filter that this conversation is happening, but it was when Junghwan mewled "yeah", voice laced with pleasure, that reality finally caught up to them. The older stiffened, eyes opening wide even though all he can see is darkness, and starts to mentally panic. The male below him stopped moving as well and the only thing that could be heard then were the sounds of their breathing. They're both aware that they crossed some invisible line, a mutual silent agreement, an unspoken rule, and Junghwan is at a loss for what to do or say.

        "Don't," Sunwoo broke the silence and Junghwan looked down, eyes having slightly adjusted to the darkness, able to make out the other's face staring right back at him.  "Don't think too much about it."

        And then Sunwoo's pulling him back down and Junghwan doesn't think about anything.

 


As you can see I'm obviously behind on life. The first part of this chapter was like, written ages ago and I'm mainly basing the next three years this fic missed on Wikipedia and some of the other info I picked up from different places on the way bc I .

But I am so ashamed to even update this fic at all bc this fic has been dead for like centuries I apologize ;-;

Anyways have a super long second half of this chapter (that I've been working on for the past 10 hours (I get distracted easily okay) and I just finished it and it's 1:45AM rn and I'll read through this tomorrow and be embarassed and possibly change stuff) bc I didn't want to cut it off and have it carry on to the next chapter. It probably would ruin the flow not to mention who knows when the next chapter will get to see the light of day.

It's gotten kinda tricky for me to write this again bc my writing style kinda changed? I used to write in past tense all the time but now I write in present tense and so there might be some areas where I didn't catch them.

Also, I made some changes to some of the previous chapters. Not just the ones that say edit with a new author's note. Idk why. I just did.

And I was gonna update this chapter on the 24th bc that was this fic's 3rd anniversary (not like I was consistently and actively writing tho so it kinda doesn't count) but yeah that obviously didn't happen. Here, have three dogs instead c: Feel free to give up on this fic bc I would ;u;