Nine

The Diet Plan

        Chansik was right. for him.

        "Lee Junghwan!"

        "I'm coming, I'm coming," said male grumbled. "Sheesh."

        Junghwan stepped into the room to find a shirtless Sunwoo going through his bag. "What did you want me to do again?" he asked. The other pointed to a pile of newly washed clothes at the foot of his bed before putting on a shirt. "Ah, got it."

        The slave climbed on the bed and sat cross-legged, grabbing a black t-shirt and spreading it smoothly on the sheets. Junghwan recognized it as the tee Sunwoo wore on their dance practice video and continued to fold it. After minutes of creasing and overlapping, various clothing were neatly folded and surrounded Junghwan. The male was so focused on his task that he didn't notice Sunwoo leave the room and come back.

        "Hey, Junghwan," the younger broke the silence.

        "Hmm?"

        "When are you gonna weigh yourself?"

        Junghwan stopped in the middle of folding Sunwoo's boxers (not awkward at all) and stared at the male. "Say what?"

        "I mean, we've been following your diet plan for at least a month now. I just wanna know if it's working or not," Sunwoo looked Junghwan in the eye. "Don't you?"

        Truth be told, Junghwan was kind of scared to go anywhere near a scale. What if the diet plan's not working? What if they were just kissing each other for nothing? Junghwan couldn't take that. He'd be embarrassed to death and things would be so awkward between them afterwards. It was his fault for making Sunwoo go along with his stupid little idea.

        Junghwan stared off into space and little by little started regretting what he's done. He didn't hear Sunwoo call his name or get up from the floor, but he did see Sunwoo's face suddenly appear in front of his and felt a familiar feeling on his lips.

        "Yah," Junghwan lightly pushed Sunwoo's shoulders as he protested weakly. "Su–"

        "You took too long to answer my question," the rapper murmured as he pressed Junghwan down onto the bed. "So let's kiss."

        The older didn't have a chance to argue as Sunwoo's lips were back on his and all Junghwan could do was pull him closer. After what seemed like hours of hair-tugging, skin-caressing, and toe-curling kisses, Sunwoo pulled away and leaned on his forearms, panting as he stared at the male below him. "Tomorrow," he started breathlessly. "You're going to check your weight." There was a moment of silence. "Or else this all ends."

        Junghwan's breath caught in his throat, not completely comprehending what was just said and nodding his head as a response. Sunwoo's serious expression changed after looking around them, smirking down at Junghwan as he got in a sitting position. "Better get back to work, Junghwannie. You still have to make dinner."

        The male sat up, looking at his surroundings to find the clothes he diligently folded scattered around the bed. "Yah!"

        Sunwoo held his hands up. "Hey, it was all you. And what did I say about talking back to your master?"

        "Whatever, just go," Junghwan shooed the other away. "Let me do my slave thing."

        "Don't do any weird stuff to my clothes," Sunwoo got off the bed and walked backwards out the room until only his head could be seen. "I'm watching you."

        "Oh really?"

        "Yup," a distant call was heard and Sunwoo looked behind him before turning back to Junghwan, slowly scooting away. "I'm still watching you."

        "Still watching me?" Junghwan yelled when the other disappeared from sight.

        "Still watching you!" he heard faintly. The male chuckled while re-folding a shirt, smile slowly fading as Sunwoo's words echoed in his mind.

 

 

        Junghwan fell backwards and landed on his  as he pulled the bathroom scale from underneath a messy pile of magazines. He's been searching for the darn thing for half an hour and now that he's found it he kind of wants to throw it out the window.

        "What's that?"

        The male looked up to see Chansik leaning over him and looking at the scale.

        "Aren't you supposed to be out with Sunwoo?" Junghwan asked instead.

        "I decided to come back early. Hyung should be back in a few minutes," Gongchan squinted at Junghwan before grinning. "Why? Is the slave hiding something from his master?"

        Jughwan stiffened for a few seconds. "What? No," he slapped the other's leg. "And I'm still your hyung, you brat."

        "Oh, you're back," Jinyoung shuffled out his room and faced the maknae. "Did you bring all the inrgedients?"

        Chansik nodded his head. "I put them on the counter."

        "Good," the leader patted the younger's shoulder before dragging him off to the kitchen. "Now help me."

        "But what about slave hyung?" Chansik pouted.

        Junghwan placed his hands on his hips. "Slave hyung is doing something else, thank you very much."

        "You can't weasel your way out of this one, Channie," Jinyoung said as the two left the living room.

        Junghwan stared after them for a moment before taking the scale and running to his room, closing the door afterwards. "Okay, Junghwan. You can do this." He placed the scale on the floor and patted his body in search of any objects that might add extra weight, finding none. With a deep breath, he closed his eyes and stepped on the scale, his right foot missing the device by centimeters. He then decided to step on the scale before closing his eyes. After a few seconds of standing still, he looked down and winced at the sight of the digital numbers.

        "65 kilograms," Junghwan whispered. He lost a few extra ounces than normal, but not enough to consider it effective. He stepped off the scale and slumped to the floor. "This ." His fear just came true. How was he going to tell Sunwoo that all the kissing they've been doing for the past month or so have been for nothing?

        The male sat on the ground with his chin on his knees, staring aimlessly infront of him as he conjured ways to make the situation seem not so bad. A minute passed, two minutes, three, when the door suddenly opened and Junghwan jolted in surprise, slowly starting to panic.

        "Junghwan?" Sunwoo stared at him from behind the door. The older male noticed his friend glance at the scale as he stepped in the room before looking back at him, expression unreadable.

        Junghwan didn't know whether to grimace or to smile, the corner of his mouth twitching. The two held eye contact for a few seconds and Junghwan willed himself to finally open his mouth to say something, anything, to break the silence.

        "It works."

 


Since there was no way I could've possibly known Sandeul's weight at that time, I picked 65kg, which is about 143 lbs. I wanted it somewhere near his actual weight (63kg at debut and 59kg in 2013, apparently, from the profiles I've read) but enough to make him want to lose weight. I also used a BMI Calculator for Asians and all the weights mentioned coupled with his height of 5'10 are under the 'healthy weight range'. I tend to do a lot of research/put in a lot of effort in my fics than schoolwork so yeah.

kthximsorrybye ;-;