One

The Diet Plan

        Junghwan thinks that controlling what he eats and making failed attempts at working out isn't enough. He needs a new diet plan. One that will help him lose weight and be just as fit as the other members.

        Before debut, he had been the chubby type and wore high dosage glasses –  basically your stereotypical Asian nerd. He'd check his weight every week, and on the days before he checks, he would run harder, do more push-ups, and even exercise alone at night. The day before B1A4's debut, he remembers being distraught at the fact that his weight didn't go down as much as he wanted to so he ran on the treadmill all through the night. And here he is now. He knows he isn't exactly fat or chubby anymore, but he wants to look cool for his fans and for the fans to be proud of him. To show the world that B1A4 is not only a talented group, but also good looking.

        He's not saying that he's the least attractive in the group. In fact, he's not saying he's not attractive at all. Junghwan's self-esteem isn't that low. He know's he's not ugly, he just feels that he should be a bit more handsome. People say that he's really good looking, cute, charming, and Junghwan believes them, he really does. There are times when he himself looks in the mirror and thinks, 'Woah, I look pretty good.'

        Sandeul, a light breeze, someone who gives off a 100% refreshing feeling as an innocent boy, pure and lively. That's his image – or was, it's been ruined after the numerous variety shows they've been on – and if there's anything that needs the slightest improvement, it's his weight. After all, a good image goes well with a good body. Take his fellow members, for example. They're all good looking; Jinyoung, Chansik, and Dongwoo.

        And then there's Sunwoo.

        Baro, Cha Sunwoo, is perfect. Absolutely perfect. He has flaws, just like any other normal human being, but according to Junghwan's logic still perfect nonetheless. He's talented: amazing at rapping, can kinda sing, a song writer, and does great on variety shows. His personality is easy to get along with and he's funny and interesting (Junghwan knows he practically laughs at everything but half of the time it's because of Sunwoo), as well as hardworking. Oh an he's good looking. Very. Good looking.

        God knows how much pain and suffering Junghwan went through while filming their "Boys Over Flowers" parody because not only was he the lead "actress" and had to wear dresses and skirts and partake in awkward fake kiss scenes, but for some reason Sunwoo, no matter what day of the filming or what ridiculous outfit he was wearing, had looked undeniably attractive – and it hurt because it just made him all the more self conscious and hyperaware of Sunwoo's unecessarily handsome face whenever they had to do those fake kiss scenes (that were too close dammit).

        Yes, it's a bit weird to think about a guy like this when Junghwan himself is a guy with a girl-obssesed reputation within the group, but he couldn't help it. Sunwoo's vivacious personality, in the rapper's own words, is his charm, and there was nothing Junghwan could do. That and he might kinda have a man crush on Sunwoo, but that's sorta inevitable and normal, right? Right.

        They're friends. Good friends, best friends, and maybe-a-little-bit-more-than-just-friends friends. They're friends, but they are both aware that they're somewhat attracted to each other. Aren't boys usually mean to girls they like? Junghwan and Sunwoo always pick on each other, especially Junghwan. He's nice (most of the time) to the other members, but when it comes to Sunwoo, he just can't help but – and the other would retaliate. And somewhere between the taunts and the bickering and the borderline flirting, Junghwan noticed. He noticed how he can't seem to stay away from Sunwoo. He noticed how his skin became sensitive to the other's touches. He noticed how he would become self-concious when the other's too close to him. He noticed how he always want Sunwoo's attention.

        And Junghwan knows that Sunwoo noticed as well. It wasn't because his behavior changed around the other, but because whenever their eyes meet, when they're not roughhousing or caught up in each other's antics, the twinkle of mischief would be replaced with a mix of something Junghwan can't describe because he can't find the right word for it. They never mention any of it though. Lingering gazes, lingering touches, and lingering thoughts of minor drunken confessions (Sunwoo apparently likes his and, according to the latter, Junghwan likes his lips) are something they don't talk about or even acknowledge at all.

        They both know that despite playing around and joking with one another, there's something there, waiting, deep down, confusing them, pushed into the corner of their minds. The unfamiliarity that they respond to by acting normal.

        It was when Junghwan was monitoring one of their Tried To Walk performances that he decided to take further actions concerning his weight. It's a good thing they didn't always wear white because if black makes someone looks skinnier, then white does the opposite, and Junghwan didn't like how his thighs were almost twice the size of Jinyoung's or how they make him appear feminine. Junghwan feels that his thighs make him look a bit curvaceous, and that just ruins his barely-there manliness. Jinyoung's skinny, lean pair of legs looked so much better.

        He found his answer during a short break between schedules. Having looked up different ways to lose weight on the internet and clicking on every link Google had to offer, it wasn't until he reached the fifth page of search results that something caught his eye. Something he didn't expect and would never have thought of. Junghwan didn't know whether to try it out or not. It was risky and unusual, emphasis on risky and double emphasis on unusual. He needed someone for the diet to work, and not just anybody, a special someone. As Junghwan contemplated what to do, he searched for the particular diet and read all the benefits it provided aside from just losing weight. Things like: it helps prevent tooth decay, relieves tension and stress, slows the ageing process, increases fitness levels and is good for the heart, a good indication of what's to come, and boosts self esteem.

        But there was still one thing that's stopping him from starting the diet and that's the fact that he can't do it alone, he needed somebody. Sunwoo's face kept popping in Junghwan's head and he tried really hard to push it away, but it just won't leave. There really isn't anybody else he could think of to help him other than Sunwoo. There really isn't anybody he wanted to help him other than Sunwoo.

 

 

        That's it. He'd spent two days thinking and thinking and he finally made his decision. He'll ask Sunwoo if he can help him. Junghwan hoped that if he does get turned down, they'd still act normal. What's he saying? Of course they'll still act normal. He's ready to try it now. The kissing diet.

        They were at their dorm, B1A4 having finished all their schedules for the day, when Junghwan made his move. Chansik was using the bathroom since Jinyoung already showered and started making dinner while the rest of them waited for their turns. Junghwan managed to convince Jinyoung that Dongwoo will be the one helping him because because before looking for Sunwoo. He found the latter lying down on his bed, right arm covering his face, and plopped the laptop on the male's stomach. Sunwoo sat up, confused and dazed from being on the verge of almost falling asleep, and Junghwan gestured towards the screen.

        Nervous couldn't even begin to describe what he was feeling, anxious is more like it. Who wouldn't be when you're watching the person you're not in a relationship with click on tabs like 'Health Benefits of Kissing' or 'Why Kissing Is Good For YOU!' and 'Kissing Facts'?

        "So... What's this about?"

        "I want to try it," Junghwan swallowed saliva that had built up in his mouth, unable to look at the other in the eye.

        "You're kidding, right? This is kind of–"

        "I know, I know, creepy, disgusting, weird, a–"

        "But why though?"

        Junghwan glanced at Sunwoo. He didn't look disturbed by it, just curious. "To lose weight."

        "By kissing?"

        "Read them."

        "I did," and Junghwan was stuck, not knowing what to say or do but stare at his feet as the younger studied his face. "Who're you gonna kiss?"

        "That, um, you see," he stumbled over his words even though it only took one to answer the question. "I was hoping that, you know, it could be–"

        "Me, right?" Sunwoo had the audacity to smirk at him. "I mean, we've already had prior experience – kinda fake but still – so of course you'd come back to me. I don't blame you, my lips are irresistable."

        He backed up his statement with an exagerated puckering of his lips and Junghwan made a face, lightly shoving Sunwoo's head.

        The other chuckled before becoming serious. "Why me?"

        Junghwan stayed quiet for a few seconds. Why did he pick Sunwoo?

        "You're my best friend." Who I may or may not have a thing for, but let's go with may not. "So you're kind of my first and maybe only choice?"

        "Wait, wait, so you're serious about this? This...kissing diet?"

        Why was Sunwoo acting like this? Junghwan already told him, so why does it seem like such a surprise to him? Unless he wasn't taking it seriously before. Maybe he should just give up and say something to make his rejection nicer. "I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to. I just wanted to try it out to see if it works or not. I can stick to eating stuff and not eating stuff and failing at working out. Sorry, I wasn't really thinking. Now that I think about it, why woud I ask you, of all people? Why would I even want to try this diet? It's so awkward and it's not like I have a 'partner' either–"

        Junghwan would've liked to say that Sunwoo shut him up by placing a quick kiss on his lips, but that's not what happened. Instead, the latter pulled Junghwan down on the bed and got on top of him, laptop pushed away at a safe distance. He then held Junghwan's head between his hands and stared straight into his eyes, their faces inches apart. "Junghwan," he started, voice as grave as his expression. "You do know that this is weird for two men to be doing, right?"

        The other opted for not saying anything. As much as he wanted to look away from those eyes, he can't. He guesses this was Sunwoo's way of talking some sense into him.

        "I'm a guy, you're a guy, we're best friends," he continued. "True, there's a lot we can get from kissing, especially for you since it helps you lose weight and all, and for both of us since it helps relieve stress. But we're idols."

        "Sorr–"

        "I think it's worth a shot."

 


Edit 3 years later: I changed some stuff bc I can't believe how horrible and ew this was, how did the people who read the original manage to get through this? It's still cringe-worthy and choppy with horrible transitions but meh I'm too lazy to rewrite or do any major changes. I would've changed my previous author's note too, but I'm keeping it so I can look back and see how awkward I was ;u;

PS. The fact that they filmed their BOF parody before I started this fic and only showing it later on complicates this more bc yo now I have to change some stuff. On another note the amount of badeul fangirling and video pausing I was doing was through the roof it was unhealthy but still 25/10 would watch again.

PPS. Is it just me or did Baro look extremely good during the whole parody like can you not


Bet ya'll didn't see this coming, huh? Yeah, kissing diet. Herp derp. Anyways.

ASDFGHJKL they have new hairstyles now. That means they're gonna make a comeback soon, right? I should write this story faster then. I am so behind on the happenings, like, are they still in Thailand? What?

IDK if they call each other by their real names when there's no camera rolling or what. Sandeul was supposed to be the one doing the talking and convincing and all Baro had to do was say yes, but my stuff don't come out like how I plan them in my head, so this happened. The first part was ok, but the end was just, bleh.

Tanks for subscribing and waiting C: