we're friends right?

Why are we even related? -_-

Sander POV

“What did you tell Maria dude” I asked Jaejin straight. He smiled at me. He must’ve figured out that it was about her playing nonstop. “We had a deal. If she doesn’t get better at tekken, she needs to clean your room for a month.” He laughed to his heart’s content. “That’s a great deal man. I like how you think.” I smiled back at him.

“So how’s it going with Shinyeong?” Jaejin asked, but as soon as I grinned, he frowned and looked away, “you sneaky bastard. You went behind our backs.” He accused. “Hey, it’s not my fault.” I shrugged. He knew. He knew I had a lead already with Shinyeong. Obviously. And I plan on keeping it that way.

 

“Shinyeong! Perfect timing!” I said as I saw her.

“oh hi Sander-shi what is it?” she hummed.

“Are you free later? I need help with our project. I need to make a scrapbook and I’m not good with those arts. Can you help me?” I asked her. I didn’t really need her help but its okay.

 “oh! Sure! “ she agreed, “but can we do it after our practice? I’ll be over at your house today anyway.” She added.

“alright, I’ll be waiting then.“ I smiled

“yeah, sorry, I just really need to practice because I .” She sighed.

“what?” I was quite surprised, “who told you that? You’re perfectly fine shinyeong. I think you’re a good dancer.”

“you really think so?”

“of course. Would I lie to you?” I chuckled. I think I saw her blush again. Its so nice to know that she’s responding to me even just a little. She’s so cute when she smiles at the ground like that; when she can’t even look me in the eye when I compliment her.

 

 

I went straight to their classroom after class. I was going to accompany them home of course. I waited outside of their door and waited for the girls to come out. “YAH! WHAT’RE YOU DOING HERE!!” maria shouted like a maniac right when she realized it was me. I just stared coldly at her. When will she learn? I ignored her and went straight to shinyeong. “let me carry your bag for you.” I insisted. It wasn’t that I was trying to impress her, I just really wanted to carry her bag for her. She gave it without fuss. I slung it on my arm and looked at the three of them who was staring at me. “what, you won’t as for our bags?” Claire mockingly asked. “should i?” I teased. I could see shinyeong looking at me from the corner of my eye. I think she wanted me to do it. So I did.

I ended up having Claire and shinyeong’s bags with me. Maria didn’t want me to even touch her bag.

 

As we walked…

“hey can we play tekken first? You know that game right?” she asked Claire.

“what? Why’re you playing tekken?” Claire replied.

“I just want to. It’s a cool game once you’ve gotten the hang of it.” She answered. I snorted because she sounded so eager about it now that jaejin had a deal with her. Before, she’d condemn my console. Of course Claire eventually gave in to maria’s persistence.

“hey” I poked shinyeong’s waist, “how about you? Do you plan on playing tekken?”

She shook her head gently, “no. I was thinking, maybe we could do your scrapbook while they play. So we’d be done earlier.” She smiled. Yes. I like the way she thinks. I couldn’t help but smile.

“that’s a good idea.” I chuckled and nodded at her.

I stopped and grabbed shinyeong’s arm so she’d do the same. We let maria and Claire go walk on ahead.

“hey!” I called out when we were a few meters away. Maria and Claire looked back at us, “you two go on ahead, we’re going to buy something first. We’ll buy you snacks.” I said. “come on.” I pulled her to cross the street. “what? Where are we going sander shi?” she asked me anxiously. “well, you see, I haven’t bought things for my scrapbook yet. Since you’re helping me, why don’t we pick out stuff together?” I smiled and she smiled back.

 

 “are you sure Claire and maria are okay with us leaving them just like that?”  she asked as we roamed around the store, looking for stuff.

“of course, As long as we buy them snacks when we return. Don’t worry about them.”

“if say so…” she didn’t sound so eager.

“you can go catch up to them if you want. Its not too late for it.” I awkwardly suggested.

“no,” She shook her head, “it’s okay. I’ll help sander shi.”

“I told you to drop the shi right?” I said, stopping and looking her in the eye.

“but…” she couldn’t stand to look me in the eye again.

“but what?” I tried to make her look at me. This kid was really cute when she acts all shy. I just want to squeeze her into a bear hug.

“but we’re not that close… it would be impolite…”

You don’t consider us close yet?” I felt a bit disappointed that she didn’t.

She didn’t reply.

“we’re here together, I’m carrying your bag along with claire’s. we’re friends right?”

She still didn’t answer. She just pressed her lips into a thin line and looked down. “yah.” I called her attention. She looked at me for 5 seconds, “we’re still not friends?”

“we are!”

“then why’re you still acting like we’re not?”

She didn’t reply. I felt kind of bad. I think I pressured her too much. I sighed. “sorry shinyeong, I’m being unreasonably hard on you.” I ruffled her hair and continued on walking.

 

I don’t know if it was a bad idea to have had her alone with me because she was different after that. she kept quiet and everything. I wasn’t in the mood either. I didn’t ask for her help anymore. I just left her and her friends alone. I’ll talk to her some other day. 

 

 

--------------------

i had a situation just like this one. so pardon me for the melancholy.