Chapter 8

Bigger than Love

 

Okay Jongin, you can do this. Just ask Baekhyun to watch a movie with you. Not that hard right? Alright let’s go.

 

Jongin looked over to Baekhyun who was standing next to him at the cash registers. He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it and shook his head.

 

No, I shouldn’t. He’d probably find it awkward for two guys to watch a movie together.

 

He glanced over a Baekhyun again and watched him taking his customer’s orders.

 

When is he going to stop being so cute? …..ANYWAYS. Jongin, go. Just ask him. ASK AWAY!!!

 

He looked at him again, but then stopped himself again.

 

I can’t do it. He’s going to think I’m gay even though I’m not. Only gay guys ask a guy to watch a movie with them right? I’m not gay though so I won’t. Maybe I should invite Yixing too……………..PFFT no. Like hell am I bringing Yixing along. He’d just ruin the whole movie for us. Alright, let’s try this one more time. I promise I won’t be gay for doing it. I’m straight remember? Alright, let’s do this Jongin!

 

Just as he was about to ask Baekhyun out, Yixing started talking to him.

 

“Hey Baekhyun, let’s go watch a movie together today.”

 

NOOOOOOOOOO! JONGIN YOU WERE TOO LATE! YIXING BEAT YOU TO IT. OH GOD. YOU STUPID JONGIN. YOU RUINED EVERYTHING. NOW BAEKHYUN’S GOING TO WATCH A MOVIE ALONE WITH HIM AND THEY’RE GOING TO START DATING AFTERWARDS! STUPID STUPID JONGIN! STUPID!

 

“A movie? Sure.” Said Baekhyun, accepting Yixing’s request.

 

Yixing then looked over at Jongin who was crying on the inside from his stupiditiy. “Hey, Jongin. Want to come with us too?”

 

What? Did he— HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA! You messed up Yixing. You ruined your chance. Now I’ll will take advantage of this chance!

 

“To the movies? Sure, sounds fun.” Said Jongin, holding back his excitement.

 

Until the end of work, Jongin was holding in his happiness and keeping his cool. He tried to look his best in front of Baekhyun, but what obviously failing since Yixing noticed him.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Yixing asked, giving Jongin weird looks.

 

Jongin turned his head slowly and sent Yixing a cool expression, “Nothing.”

 

Jongin started to hide his excitement better now. Baekhyun was also excited that he was going to see a movie with Yixing and Jongin.

 

Ohhh, a movie. I wonder what we’re going to watch. Should I buy some snacks to eat there? No! Baekhyun! You can’t eat any snacks or drink anything fattening! You need to stay healthy!

 

Yixing took orders from customers and made their food while also thinking about the movies.

 

Where should I sit? I should get inside first so I can choose my seat before the others. I don’t want to sit beside a stranger, who knows what germs they carry. Baekhyun is probably going to take up a lot of space with his flab so I’ll sit next to Jongin and by the door. Sounds good.

 

Work flew by the more they thought about the movies and soon enough, it was over. After changing back into their normal clothes, they headed over to the movie theater.

 

“What do you want to watch?” asked Jongin.

 

Baekhyun and Yixing stared at the movie list, “How about this one.” They both said, pointing at the same movie.

 

“Well it’s decided then.” Said Jongin, heading over to buy the tickets.

 

They got their tickets and headed into the theater, Yixing first, like he thought. Yixing sat by the door while Jongin was beside him and Baekhyun sitting beside a stranger.

 

Yixing, Yixing, Yixing, you failed again. Not sitting by Baekhyun, heh, I win. The movie’s not going to start soon, what should I say? How would I start a conversation with him?

 

“Ah, Jongin, you know that song called MAMA? The dance is really cool. Do you know it yet?” asked Baekhyun, starting the conversation first.

 

“MAMA? Yeah, I learned the dance a few days ago. It’s pretty fast and hard to dance to.”

 

“It is? I wanted you to teach me that dance after I finished learning this one. It’s not too much to ask right?” Baekhyun gave Jongin the puppy eyes, making Jongin bow down to him.

 

STOP BEING SO—

 

Jongin nodded and agreed to teach Baekhyun the dance moves for that song. The movie began long after and Baekhyun was absorbed in the movie with Yixing. Jongin’s mind wasn’t focused on the movie at all. His mind was focused on how he should make a move on Baekhyun.

 

His hand is on the arm rest, just put your hand over his. You can do it Jongin, you can do it!

 

Jongin let his hand hover over Baekhyun’s. He was about to put it on top of Baekhyun’s until Yixing let out a loud sneeze beside him.

 

Damn you Yixing. I was ready too! Okay, one more time.

Jongin tried once again and succeeded in putting his hand on top of Baekhyun’s. Baekhyun felt Jongin’s hand on him and saw his red face even in the darkness. He started blushing after thinking that Jongin might have feelings for him. Until the movie ended, their hands were in that position. Once the lights started turning on, Jongin immediately took his hand off and looked away from Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun got home and fell right onto his bed.

 

Could Jongin possibly……………? He wouldn’t like a fat thing like me though. Time for me to run on the treadmill again.

 

While he was running, he received a text from Jongin.

 

“I have a couple of dance competitions that are out of the city so I’ll be away for a month or two. Don’t miss me too much!” he texted.

 

Baekhyun read the text and was amazed.

 

Wow, Jongin goes to dance competitions too? He’s awesome.

 

For the duration of time that Jongin was gone, Baekhyun used all his free time after work to exercise. Every day he made sure to drink lots of water and eat lots of healthy foods while exercising as well. Once his body was ready, he started to head to the gym to do some real workouts. He got a fitness trainer to help him tone out his body and lose all that flab. After a month and a half, Baekhyun took a look in the mirror and saw the change. He had lost all that flab and actually had a body that looked like Yixing’s and Jongin’s now.

 

All that hard work paid off!

 

Baekhyun hadn’t seen Yixing for a while either after Jongin left. He was off on a trip with his parents and left Baekhyun alone to workout. Another half a month passed by. Jonging and Yixing were finally back. They arrived at work together and noticed that Baekhyun ‘wasn’t there’. Instead, they saw someone that had hair like Baekhyun, but a better body than they last saw.

 

“New worker? Where’s Baekhyun?” asked Jongin, looking around the place.

 

Yixing walked up to the ‘new worker’ and tapped on his shoulder, “Hey, where’s my Baekhyun?”

 

The worker turned around and revealed himself. It was Baekhyun. Jongin’s jaw dropped after seeing Baekhyun’s face.

 

“B-B-Baekhyun?!”

 

Baekhyun sent them both smiles, “Yeap, it’s me.”

 

W-What happened during these two months that I was gone?! W-Why d-d-does he look s-so good now?! W-What h-happened…?