Chapter 3

Bigger than Love

 

“YIXING STOP EATING MY SNACKS! I’M ALREADY OUT OF MONEY FOR THIS WEEK’S SNACKS!”

 

Yixing sat on Baekhyun bed, not caring at all what he says and kept eating. Baekhyun tried his best to steal the snacks away from his hands, but since the other was much skinnier and muscular than him, he had no chance against him.

 

“Come on! Don’t be like this Yixing!!”

 

Yixing stuffed more snacks into his mouth. Mixtures of flavours formed into his mouth with the different tastes of the snacks inside. It didn’t taste good, but he kept eating anyways. “These aren’t good for you.”

 

Baekhyun was dumbfounded. “THEN WHY ARE YOU EATING THEM?!!”

 

“I exercise, unlike a fatty over there.” Yixing said, pointing towards Baekhyun’s direction. “These don’t taste good anyways.”

 

“IF THEY DON’T TASTE GOOD, DON’T EAT THEM!!!!”

 

Baekhyun's mom ran upstairs to see what all the commotion was about. “Baekhyun, what’s wrong?”

 

“Yixing keeps eating my snacks!” Baekhyun shouted, still trying to rip the snacks out of Yixing’s hand.

 

Baekhyun’s mom took one look at Yixing and slammed the door behind her as she left.

 

“WHAT’S THE POINT OF CHECKING UP ON US IF YOU’RE GONNA BE AFRAID OF YIXING?!”

 

Seeing Baekhyun shouting made Yixing amused. It was like watching a comedy show on television. “Baekhyun, keep swinging your arms around, you’re making your flabs fly and it’s funny.”

 

After one last try, Baekhyun finally managed to take back his snacks.

 

“Aw, the entertainment is over.” Yixing sighed.

 

“Go home!! I have work soon!”

 

Yixing just kicked his legs up and down on the bed, “Oh right, how’s the job going? Made any friends?”

 

Does he not listen to what I’m saying at all?!

 

“Good, now go home.”

 

“Did you get any free food yet?”

 

“No, go home now.”

 

“Ah, I just noticed you didn’t answer my second question…make any friends?”

 

“No, go home Yixing.”

 

“You probably didn’t make any friends because you couldn’t see them with all your flab in the way of your vision.”

 

“YIXING, GO HOME!”

 

The atmosphere got heavy, but Yixing still didn’t move. It wasn’t because he was afraid to move past Baekhyun, but because he was enjoying the whole scene. He was a relaxed person that didn’t really notice things. This time he noticed that Baekhyun was angry at him, but he didn’t care. It wasn’t like Baekhyun would kick him out anyways.

 

“Let me go to work with you. I wanna see you in action.” Yixing mumbled, staring deep into Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

He was right. Baekhyun wasn’t going to kick him out for being rude and annoying. He let it slide over him and calmed himself down. “If you’re going to come with me, then we’ve got to leave now.”

 

Yixing nodded and followed Baekhyun to the restaurant he worked at. Jongin had arrived at the same time he did and noticed Yixing. “Good morning, Baekhyun and friend.” He gave both of them a warm and friendly smile and headed inside the restaurant.

 

“Who’s that? He’s your new friend? I’m jealous. Don’t leave me.” Yixing kept talking and talking, going on and on.

 

“He’s my co-worker. He’s been working here for a year.” Baekhyun responded to his questions.

 

They went inside and Baekhyun motioned Yixing to take a seat, “I’m going to change into my uniform. You can order when I’m out at the cashier.”

 

“You’re the cashier? Don’t the coins get lost inside your flabby fingers easily?”

 

There Yixing goes again with his rude comments. Baekhyun just ignored them and continued on to the break room at the back. Jongin started changing into his uniform when Baekhyun opened the door. His eyes were flashed by some dark skin. There standing in front of him was someone who had the body Baekhyun always dreamed of. He couldn’t tell whether Jongin tanned himself or not, but the darkness just added to his iness. Jongin turned around to look at Baekhyun who was still standing by the door and saw him drooling.

 

“That’s…quite awkward.” Jongin said, trying to get a hold of Baekhyun’s attention.

 

Baekhyun snapped out of his day dreaming and wiped away his drool, “Sorry…you have a nice body. IS your skin naturally dark or did you tan it?”

 

Jongin replied back to him with a smile, “I’ll leave that to your imagination.” He finished changing and went out to the front, where the cash register was.

 

Aahh, stupid Baekhyun. You made him feel awkward!

 

Baekhyun changed quickly and went out to the front where Jongin was stationed. There was still some awkwardness between them after what happened earlier.

 

“Ah, Baekhyun you’re back. Your shirt is 10x larger than this man here.” Yixing peeked at Jongin’s name tag and read his name out. “Nice to meet you, Jongin. I’m Baekhyun’s one and only friend Yixing.”

 

Yixing stuck his hand out towards Jongin, trying to give him a handshake. Being the nice person Jongin is, he shook it and sent him his usual smile.

 

“Yixing, order something or leave now.” said Baekhyun, getting annoyed with Yixing.

 

Yixing glanced over at the menu and ordered what he wanted. Baekhyun started to prepare his food. While Yixing waited, he stared at Jongin. Jongin didn’t find him creepy at first, but after he stared at him for so long, the creepiness came over him. “How may I help you?”

 

Yixing continued to stare until he decided to answer, “How does it feel to work beside a sweaty, space-taking person like Baekhyun?”

 

….His name was Yixing, was it? What does he have against people that are larger than normal…..

 

“It’s like working beside any other normal person…” Jongin replied.

 

“Don’t you sometimes feel him flicking his sweat over to your direction? Gross isn’t it.”

 

……………This person is seriously rude….

 

“Can you just wait over there for your order?” Jongin used his hand to guide him farther away from him, but Yixing made no decision to move.

 

“Bad customer service. I’ll tell that to your boss.” Yixing said as he moved over to the side.

 

Baekhyun came back with Yixing’s order and handed it to him while repeating the order back to him. Lucky for Baekhyun, Yixing headed back home after receiving his order.

 

“He didn’t say anything bad to you right?” asked Baekhyun.

 

Jongin shook his head, “Nothing bad at all.”