Chapter 6

Bigger than Love

 

“Baekhyun, you’ve been hanging out with that Jongin too much lately. You’re leaving me out. I’m sad. You make me cry at night.”

 

“Yixing, it’s only been a month or two. You always come to my house anyways.”

 

“You still make me cry at night. I don’t have any other friends you know. Even though I really don’t want to be friends with a fat thing like you, I still need a friend.”

 

“…………….I’m sorry if I make you cry at night. I’ll try to spend more time with you then.”

 

“NO! You will spend time with me. Who cares about going to the dance studio with that Jongin and spend time with me.”

 

“Haah…Yixing. We already made plans. Jongin said he was going to teach me a dance today too.”

 

Yixing started pretending to cry, “You don’t know how much it hurts.”

 

Every second he peeked through his fingers, seeing if Baekhyun was feeling sorry for him. After a few minutes of listening to his fake crying, Baekhyun gave in. He took out his phone and called Jongin. Jongin was at the dance studio already when he received the call. “Hello? Baekhyun?”

 

“Ahh, Jongin. Yixing wanted me to spend time with him today since we haven’t been together in a while soooo, maybe you could teach me the dance the next time we see each other?”

 

“Oh okay…can I possibly come too? Along with you guys?”

 

Baekhyun took the phone away from his ear and looked at Yixing, “He said he wants to come too.”

 

Yixing took Baekhyun’s phone out of his hand and held it to his ear, “Baekhyun is mine, go away.”, and hung up.

 

“Yixing!!! Why did you say that?!” shouted Baekhyun.

 

He grabbed his phone back and glared at Yixing. Yixing started pouting, making Baekhyun feel bad for yelling at him.

 

“I’m sorry…Yixing. Next time don’t do that.”

 

They left the house and started heading for the outdoor mall that was nearby.

 

“I don’t like that Jongin.” Yixing said, putting his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder.

 

Baekhyun turned his head towards Yixing. He thought about asking him why but he didn’t, knowing what answer he would receive. They continued walking until they reached the mall. Yixing headed for the first store they saw and dragged Baekhyun inside with him. He picked out a couple of shirts and held them over his body, then over Baekhyun’s body. “This would look nice on you if you were so fat. I don’t think an extra-large from this store would even fit you. Lose some more weight.”

 

Baekhyun looked at himself in the mirror, he could see that he has lost some weight. Yixing continued scanning the store, looking at every rack. “This store is boring.”

 

He dragged Baekhyun out of the store and into the next one. This continued for quite a while.

 

“Baekhyun, you know even if you dance and run on the treadmill, your fat won’t leave you. It would take 10,000 years for you to lose all this and you can’t live that long.” said Yixing, inside another clothing store.

 

Baekhyun usually ignored Yixing’s remarks because he had no intention of losing weight then, but now that he was actually trying, it hurt him. “Yixing, don’t say that.”

 

“Why not? I’m just telling you the truth. Your thigh is like my legs glued together. I could probably hide behind you and not be found.”

 

The mirrors in the store felt like they were moving closer to him, making him view his own reflection. Reminding him of what he looks like. Yixing looked at Baekhyun and saw that he was getting teary eyed. “…but I like that part about you, so don’t change yourself too much.”

 

Hearing Yixing’s comment made him feel better, but it still didn’t cover up what he said before. His heart still ached from his words.

 

I’ll never be able to change.

 

­­­­­­

Jongin sat inside his dance studio, running his fingers across the floor.

 

Yixing… “Baekhyun is mine” he said…does that mean he likes Baekhyun? But they’ve been friends for a long time so he shouldn’t, right? Why am I caring so much anyways…I shouldn’t care. It’s not like I like Baekhyun anyways, right? Yeap, I don’t like Baekhyun at all. I mean…I’m a guy…and I should like girls…right? Right. I like girls. I’m straight. I don’t like Baekhyun in that way at all. I don’t hold any feelings for Baekhyun. I’m not even close to being in love with him. Wait…why am I talking to myself now? This is getting awkward. I should probably stop talking to myself.

 

He stood up and started practicing the dance he was going to teach Baekhyun. His body flowed in front of the mirrors, showing his passion for dancing. Then he suddenly stopped and fell down to the floor.

 

This is boring. I was so prepared to teach Baekhyun too. Damn that Yixing. I guess I have been spending too much time with Baekhyun, but he spent a lot more years with him! He saw Baekhyun grow! I wonder what Baekhyun looked like he was younger, he was probably cute. Ah?! What am I saying?! Oh god, I’m talking to myself again. So this is what happens when my mind is focused on something else other than dancing. Well isn’t this awkward…talking to myself. I wonder what Baekhyun’s doing... They did say they were going somewhere right? I wonder where…………………Oh god, Jongin stop talking to yourself!

 

He slapped his face and shook his head. He got back up and started to dance again, with music this time. Now that the music was playing, it was easier for his mind to focus on dancing so he didn’t have to talk to himself again. But even though the music was loud, he was still thinking of Baekhyun as he was dancing.

 

Jongin, admit it, you like Baekhyun….WAIT WHAT?! WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! OHH GODDDD! Why am I talking to myself. Before when I danced, my mind usually focused on dancing only. Now I’m dancing and talking to myself?! I wonder what Baekhyun looks like today. I wonder how he’s dressed. He probably looks cute right now and I can’t see him…Jongin stop thinking like that. You are straight. You can’t call another guy cute, that’s just not right. Well it’s okay, but not for me because I’m straight. I’m straight. Really straight. Straight like a line…but lines aren’t actually straight. No line is perfect…right? So I’m an imperfect line? But wouldn’t that mean I’m gay? No! Jongin, you are straight. Straighter than straight. Let’s conclude it with that. Yeap, straighter than straight. Mhmm. Straight.