Chapter 10

Bigger than Love

 

Baekhyun was frozen in place. He couldn’t move a single limb. His eyes were wider than ever, just staring back at Jongin who had a smile on his face. Baekhyun turned his head to look over at Yixing. Yixing was still dancing and didn’t seem to hear Jongin’s confession to him.

 

W-What d-do I do?

 

Jongin could tell that Baekhyun was shocked and surprised from his sudden confession. “You don’t need to tell me now. Take your time.” Inside, Jongin felt like he was already accepted. He didn’t think it was possible for Baekhyun to reject him. Jongin thought he was the perfect person for Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun nodded and slowly made his way out of the dance studio. Yixing noticed him leave and followed after him, leaving Jongin sitting alone.

 

“Baekhyun, where are you going?” asked Yixing, reaching his hand out to grab onto Baekhyun. He got a hold of him and pulled him to face him. “What’s wrong?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head and smiled fakely at Yixing. “Nothing…I think I’m going to go home for now.” He started turning around, back facing Yixing, and started walking home. Yixing couldn’t figure out what was bothering Baekhyun, but he knew he couldn’t leave him like that.

 

“Baekhyun! Wait!” he shouted, running after him. Baekhyun turned around and felt two hands grab onto his arms. “I know I’m not the best person to talk to about your problems, but I want to help!” Yixing felt awkward after telling Baekhyun. He never said anything like this before. He never really cared about Baekhyun, but now that Baekhyun was changing so much, he knew he needed to talk things out with him. “Let’s talk…please.”

 

Baekhyun was stunned at what Yixing was saying. Was this the Yixing he knew? Because the Yixing he knew for so long would never have said something like that. He could tell that Yixing was in an awkward position and didn’t want to reject him after making him say such a thing. He nodded and let Yixing bring him to a nearby café. They sat in the small café for a while after ordering their drinks. Yixing waited for Baekhyun to talk to him first. He didn’t want to force him to say things he didn’t want to, but all Baekhyun was doing, was stirring his drink.

 

Baekhyun glanced up once in a while to see what Yixing was doing. All he saw was Yixing looking bored, eyes wandering around the café. He cleared his throat before speaking and finally let out some words. “U-Um…Jongin…”

 

After hearing Jongin’s name, Yixing glued his eyes onto Baekhyun’s and listened.

 

“J-Jongin…told me h-he likes m-me…”

 

Yixing didn’t seem surprised at what Baekhyun said. “I figured. I knew he liked you but didn’t think he’d actually tell you. What are you going to do about it?”

 

Baekhyun was surprised that he knew Jongin liked him while he didn’t. How did Yixing notice it and not him? He stirred his drink faster and stared at the table. It was silent for a few moments.

 

“I don’t know what to do…” Baekhyun said, voice shaky.

 

Yixing took a sip of his drink, “Do you like him?”

 

Baekhyun shrugged, “I don’t know…I don’t know if these feelings I have is love………..”

 

Yixing flicked Baekhyun’s forehead and shook his head, “What do you feel when you’re around him?”

 

Baekhyun thought for a while, “Like how I feel when I’m around you…I don’t know…”

 

“What do you feel when you’re around me?”

 

Baekhyun didn’t answer and drank his drink, ignoring the question. Yixing let out a sigh and moved on to the next question. “Are you going to return his feelings?”

 

Baekhyun shrugged again.

 

“Well…if he does anything, I’ll be here…not like he’ll do anything to a fatty like you.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled, “I’m not a fatty anymore, Yixing.”

 

Yixing took another look at Baekhyun and then remembered. “Right…you lost weight. I liked it better when you were fat.”

 

“Eh? Really? Why?”

 

“You were warmer in the winter………………………………………………….now you’re just cold.”

 

Baekhyun laughed again. He felt relieved to have a weird friend like Yixing. He could make him forget things that he wanted to forget. After a long talk with Yixing at the café, he still wasn’t sure how to reply to Jongin. Yixing walked Baekhyun home and headed back home.

 

That Jongin……Baekhyun is mine. Who does he think he is? He can’t take what’s mine away from me…

 

Baekhyun went to his room and jumped onto his bed. His mind was still full of thoughts about Jongin’s confession.

 

Hmm…how do I feel about Jongin? I think he’s cool…he can dance and all. He’s good looking…tall…kind…gentle…hah…the list goes on. Do I like him? But like I said before…I feel the same around him like when I’m around Yixing. So…how do I feel about Yixing? He’s been my friend for years now. He’s been with me even when I was fat and nobody wanted to be my friend. Yixing is precious to me. Is Jongin too then? ……………..No…Jongin is different…he’s special…I don’t know why but…he’s different than Yixing. I haven’t known him for long but I know he’s really kind and nice to me even when I was fat. Jongin didn’t even mind my weight…AAGGGH. I don’t know. Do I like Jongin?

 

Even after thinking more, he still couldn’t figure it out.

 

Maybe if I notice Jongin more and try to look at him differently, I’ll be able to know.

 

Baekhyun waited for the next day to come. He was eager to find out how he felt about Jongin, but spending the day with Jongin wasn’t easy. Now that Jongin told Baekhyun his feelings, he felt closer than before.

 

“Baekhyun-ah.” Jongin said, turning his head over to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun was taking an order for a customer and ignored Jongin. He could hear Jongin let out a loud sigh after being ignored.

 

“Here’s your order. Thank you, please come again!” said Baekhyun, sending the customer on their way.

 

After the customer disappeared from his sight and the lines were empty, he looked over to Jongin and tilted his head. “What is it?”

 

Jongin gave Baekhyun a smile and turned back, facing the front. Baekhyun was confused, but he noticed that his heart felt tingly when Jongin smiled at him. 10 minutes passed. There weren’t a lot of customers coming today, so Jongin had plenty of time to try to steal Baekhyun’s heart. Every now and then he’d do cute motions next to Baekhyun so he would notice. Baekhyun noticed them all and each time his heart felt weird.

 

What’s this feeling? I should ask Yixing afterwards.

 

When the time was right. Baekhyun decided to ask Yixing. “Yixing…my heart is feeling weird…” he whispered.

 

“What do you mean weird…?” Yixing asked.

 

“Like……….hah…never mind.”

 

Baekhyun continued working. After work was over, instead of heading over to the dance studio like usual, Baekhyun went straight home. He needed more time to think about his tingly, weird feeling heart.

 

Hah…Jongin was………….cute today. He’s cute and good looking…he really is perfect. Jongin…Jongin…Jongin…Jongin…

 

He repeated Jongin’s name a few more times and soon fell asleep with Jongin on his mind.

 



 

That Jongin! I knew he was doing something weird to Baekhyun! Why was Baekhyun’s heart feeling weird? Maybe he does like that Jongin. But he’s mine! He can’t like someone other than me!

 

Yixing was upset. He felt like he was losing Baekhyun more and more each day. Slowly, he could feel Baekhyun slip out of his arms.

 



 

“Huh? Jongin? What are you doing?” asked Baekhyun, staring at the Jongin that was just standing in front of him.

 

“Ehhhhh~~~~~ BBUING BBUING~!!”

 

“WAH!” Baekhyun whipped himself up. His face felt hot and he was panting. “A dream, it was a dream Baekhyun.”

 

He could feel his heart pounding against his chest. Seeing Jongin in his dream being cute made his heart race and his cheeks turn red.

 

“Jongin…” Baekhyun mumbled, before getting ready.

 

He headed to work and saw Jongin and Yixing already there. They were ready and in their uniforms, standing by the counter.

 

“Ah! Baekhyun, you’re here!” said Jongin, running over to him.

 

Jongin gave Baekhyun a light hug. Baekhyun once again, was blushing like mad and his heart was beating rapidly.

 

“Off of him now.” Yixing shouted, making Jongin step back.

“Calm down Yixing.” Jongin laughed and went back to his spot.

 

Baekhyun slapped his cheeks a few times and went to the back room to change. When he came out he saw Yixing whispering something to Jongin.

 

“What are you guys talking about?” Baekhyun asked, standing in front of his cash register.

 

Yixing shook his head and sent a glare at Jongin.

 

Work ended quickly and Baekhyun headed to the dance studio with Jongin and Yixing this time. Yixing was dancing by himself in the middle of the room while Baekhyun sat on the side with Jongin next to him. Jongin was eager to hear what Baekhyun would say about his confession. At first he was sure that Baekhyun would return his feelings. But now that he took a while to reply back to him, he wasn’t so confident anymore.

 

“So……….” Jongin mumbled.

 

Baekhyun tapped his fingers against his legs and his lips. While Baekhyun was at work, he thought very carefully about what he was going to tell Jongin.

 

“Um…Jongin…”

 

Jongin listened attentively to every word that came out of Baekhyun’s mouth.

 

“At first I-I didn’t really notice your feelings…but after you told me you liked me…I saw that you really did try your best to get me to notice you…u-um…I thought of you like Yixing before. But now that I think about it, you and Yixing are completely different. The way I think about you two is different. Yixing is precious to me. He’s always been there for me when I wasn’t feeling well and he never left my side. He’s a really good friend.” Baekhyun said, smiling as he watched Yixing dance. “But I know for sure now that you’re not like Yixing. You’re special to me. I don’t know how but…I just know you are. You’re a really good friend but I’m not sure if I really like you yet. But slowly, I am starting to feel something for you…and it’s different from what I feel around Yixing…maybe it’s love…I don’t know yet.”

 

Jongin listened to each and every one of his words. Every word meant the world to him. Baekhyun didn’t think of him as a precious friend. He thought of him as something special. Something he didn’t know or wasn’t sure of yet.

 

“So to sum it all up…you’re falling for me?” Jongin asked.

 

Baekhyun blushed at his words and nodded slightly. “Maybe………..”

 

Jongin placed his hand on top of Baekhyun’s and sent him another one of his smiles. This smile was warmer than the other ones. It was full of all the happiness that Jongin was feeling right now. “I’ll do my best to make you fall even more in love with me then. Just wait!”

 

Baekhyun stared at Jongin’s hand that was placed above his and smiled, “I’ll wait……………………………..”

 

 

Yixing rushed over to Baekhyun’s side and pulled him into his arms, “And I’ll be here watching your every move, you dirty Jongin. Baekhyun is mine!”

 

-------------------

this is probably a disappointing ending isn't it? ;D 

i'm sorry! i really wasn't sure how to end it. 

i was wondering whether i should just make them end up together already or just leave it like this and ~~~ ;D it kind of just happened.

i'm sorry if i disappointed you guys T.T i made you wait so long for this badly written last chapter ><

buuuuuuut

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUBSCRIBED AND COMMENTED!

i read every comment and sorry i couldn't reply to them D; i promise i'll start replying to comments from now on!

thank you again! without you guys i wouldn't have been able to finish this happily~

thank you thank you thank you! <3