Chapter 7

Bigger than Love

 

Baekhyun was at work today while Yixing was at his own house, alone and bored. Life was boring for him whenever Baekhyun wasn’t around. He had no one to talk to or bother. He needed Baekhyun in order to enjoy his day.

 

Boring…Boring…Boring…Boring…

 

“Baekhyun’s with that Jongin…working. Maybe I should work there too.” Yixing sat against the wall on his bed. He kept throwing a plush toy up in the air to distract him from the boringness, but it didn’t work at all. “I should ask if I can work there…”

 

Yixing got up from his bed and headed over to the restaurant Baekhyun worked at. When he arrived, he saw Baekhyun laughing happily with Jongin at the cash registers.

 

“Slacking off at work. I’m reporting it.” Yixing said, stepping into the restaurant.

 

“Ah, Yixing, what are you doing here?” asked Baekhyun, turning to look at him. “Are you ordering something to eat?”

 

Yixing looked at Baekhyun, then looked at Jongin. Jongin stared back, confused at why Yixing was just staring at him like that.

 

“Manager boss man person thing, I want to work here.” Shouted Yixing.

 

The boss came out from his office to see who was calling for him. “Ah, yes. How may I help you?”

 

Didn’t I just say I wanted to work here? Stupid boss person.

 

“I want to work here.”

 

“Ah, here? We do have an open spot for cleaning up the place.”

 

“No, I want to work beside Baekhyun, at this cash register.” Yixing pointed at the cash register in between Jongin and Baekhyun.

 

“Ah, we don’t nee—”

 

“I want this one.”

 

Yixing started to make the boss uncomfortable. His eyes were glued to the boss’ eyes, just staring. The boss couldn’t take it anymore and just accepted. “Y-you can start t-today…uniform is in the break room. Baekhyun, show him.” After saying that, he quickly left back to his office and closed the door.

 

“Now we can spend more time with each other!” Baekhyun smiled as he took Yixing back into the break room. He looked around for a uniform that fit Yixing and found a small sized shirt lying around. He handed it to Yixing and let him change into it.

“My shirt is 100 times smaller than yours.” He said after putting it on.

 

Baekhyun agreed with him and just laughed it off, not caring about it. They headed back to the cash registers; Jongin was starting to take orders from the people that gathered there while he waited for them to come back. Baekhyun led Yixing to his cash register and started to teach him how to do it.

 

“So after you press that button you press this one and that’s it.”

 

Yixing started to press random buttons to show his confusion, “This is stupid. How do you work these things? Your finger could probably press 5 buttons.”

 

Baekhyun took a look at his fingers, then at Yixing’s, then at Jongin’s. His fingers were twice the size of theirs. It made him start to feel embarrassed. He didn’t mind working next to Jongin before, even though he was much larger. But now that Yixing came along, there would be two skinny and fit people right next to him. He knew he lost some weight, but even then he knew it wasn’t enough. He started to lose self-esteem and started to feel self-conscious.

 

“Hey Baekhyun, I’ll teach you that dance today after work.” said Jongin, handing the last customer in his line their order.

 

“Ah, sure.”

 

“I want to come too.” said Yixing, butting into their conversation.

 

Jongin sighed, “Sure, if you want.”

 

School ended for most schools by now so students started filling in the restaurant.

 

“Aaahh, I want 3 burgers, 4 large fries, and 2 cokes.” ordered a female student.

 

Yixing paused for a moment after hearing her order, “That’s a lot.”

 

“It’s not all for me.” said the female student.

 

Yixing still didn’t take her order yet. “Well, tell the ‘others’ that they’re going to be fat like you if they eat that much.”

 

The female student’s mouth dropped and her eyes widened, “EXCUSE ME?! DID YOU JUST CALL ME FAT?!”

 

“Yeah, I did. So it was 3 burgers, 4 large fries, and 2 cokes. That’ll be $21.95.”

 

The female student slapped Yixing across the face and stomped away. Other customers that were in Yixing’s line asked him if he was okay and told him that he shouldn’t be so straight-forward next time. Baekhyun turned his face towards him and looked at his red cheek from the slap.

 

“Yixing, next time just take their order.”

 

Work took a while to end with Yixing there. He always made customers in his line angry after saying something rude to them. It was normal for him, normal for him to be honest and tell them the truth. He wanted them to know about their bad points but telling them straight up never ended well. Many customers swore that they would never come back here again if he was still working here. Baekhyun and Jongin were embarrassed to be working beside him. They were the ones who had to apologize to the customers after Yixing made one of his rude remarks.

 

“Finally, work has ended.” said Jongin, slumping back into the chair inside the break room.

 

Baekhyun took a look at Yixing who was now changing back into his casual clothes. He had a slim and muscular body like Jongin’s. His skin wasn’t as dark but rather light. Baekhyun’s eyes skimmed up and down his back that was facing him. He had seen Yixing change before but he never ever felt so intrigued by it. Jongin had also decided to get up and change. He stood beside Yixing, conversing with him as they both changed their clothes. It was the first time Baekhyun saw that Yixing actually looked like he enjoyed speaking with Jongin. He always gave off a feeling that he didn’t like Jongin much. Now they both had their backs facing him. Muscular and skinny bodies right in front of him. It made him even more embarrassed about his own body. How did he manage to turn himself into what he looked like now? Seeing these two men with perfectly shaped bodies hurt Baekhyun.

 

I need to change…soon.

 

After they all finished changing, they headed over to Jongin’s dance studio. Jongin started to teach Baekhyun the dance. Baekhyun had a hard time keeping up with Jongin’s dance since every move always quickly changed into another move which changed into another one. Yixing watched from the side, observing Baekhyun’s every move.

 

“You’re doing it wrong Baek. Your arm doesn’t go there.” Yixing said.

 

Yixing stepped next to Baekhyun and started showing him what he observed from Jongin’s movements. Jongin nodded in acceptance after seeing Yixing dance to all that he teached Baekhyun.

 

“Perfect. Do you dance?” asked Jongin.

 

“I used to.”

 

Baekhyun stepped back as the two started talking more about dancing. He felt left out. He felt like he didn’t belong. They had so much in common. They were both fit, skinny, good looking, and they both danced. Baekhyun was the complete opposite of them. He looked nothing like them, not even close, and he couldn’t dance at all. Jongin watched Baekhyun as he moved to the side to take a sip of water from his water bottle.

 

“Baekhyun! Come on, let’s try one more time.”

 

Seeing Baekhyun’s unresponsive reaction, Jongin knew the other wasn’t feeling well. His heart started to hurt.

 

Baekhyun, when you’re hurting…I’m hurting with you…

 

Yixing moved over to Baekhyun’s side and put his arm around his shoulder. He brought Baekhyun to the middle of the dance floor and started to teach him the dance moves personally. He used his hands to help Baekhyun move his arms and legs into the proper positions. Soon enough, Baekhyun had a smile form on his face. He was enjoying the special lesson from Yixing. They both laughed when Baekhyun lost his balance or when Baekhyun did something wrong. Jongin watched them. His eyes were glued on Baekhyun’s smiling face. It was brighter than the ones he had usually seen. The smile he had shown to Yixing was different than the one he was shown. His smile felt special, and only Yixing could have it. Jealously filled inside of him the more he watched. Just being in there with them suffocated him. He needed air. He needed a break from seeing Baekhyun’s smiling face that wasn’t for him. Jongin changed his shoes and went outside to breathe in some fresh air. The cold night air surrounded him, breezes blowing by him every now and then.

 

What’s wrong with you Jongin…what’s wrong…You can’t stand seeing Baekhyun being overly happy with Yixing, yet you still deny that you don’t love him. Be true to yourself Jongin…do you love him?

 

His mind was filled with thoughts of Baekhyun. Did he love Baekhyun?

 

I-I-I…I-I love…I love him…I love Baekhyun. OH MY GOD. WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! I need to stop spending time with myself! I keep having these moments where I talk to myself. I should go back in. Pfft, what am I saying, me loving Baekhyun? Pfft, no! I’m straight, remember? I’m very straight!

 

He headed back inside to join the others before he would say something that might change his life again. Baekhyun noticed that Jongin came back in and ran over to him with a bright smile glued onto his face.

 

“Jongin! I know how to do the part you taught me now!”

 

Baekhyun started to dance. Jongin watched him move around. His steps were like hops. Like a bunny hopping.

 

Too cute. He’s too cute. He needs to stop being so cute………………………………………….JONGIN STOP TALKING TO YOURSELF! Oh man….he’s not cute at all. His arms moving around and his legs aren’t cute at all. That happy expression on his isn’t cute at all.

 

Baekhyun was nearing the end of that part and ended it off with a cute pose at the end that Yixing had taught him. Jongin found himself dying on the inside. Baekhyun was too cute for him to handle. Jongin started to slide to the ground after seeing his cute pose. His face had turned completely red and his heart was racing. He hid his face under his hands and smacked his face onto the ground. Baekhyun checked to see if he was okay. Jongin made sure to let Baekhyun and Yixing know that he was completely fine. Jongin kept staying in the same position until he was finally ready to get back up. Baekhyun had a worried look on his face that appeared cute in Jongin’s eyes.  

 

Okay…maybe I do like him…maybe I do find him cute…maybe I really do love Baekhyun…but even so, I’m still straight. I like girls…it’s just that Baekhyun just looks cute like a girl that I’m falling in love with him. Yeap, that’s right. He’s cute like a girl so I’m falling in love with him. Mhm, no doubt.