Colorful Love

Florescence of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum turned her head to look at Baekhyun who had his eyes closed. They’d decided to stay in the schoolyard and go to the tree they usually hung out at. She had told him to close his eyes for her to sketch him. She wanted to do something they always did. Because now that she had dealt with her problems, she wanted to relish the actions that were going to become routines from now on.

 

At the same time she was mentally debating whether to confess or not. The sudden courage Areum felt might come from the fact that she had already confronted Yura and Minah today. It might also be due to the absolute happiness she was feeling right at this moment. It was just Baekhyun, her and the tree. There was the sun’s warmth and the boy’s radiance that made her feel at ease.

 

She loved all this. And something inside her was urging her to do something. To do something to secure all this. Although a confession wouldn’t exactly secure it, she felt as if it would be better to share her feelings while she still could. It was this kind of safety, certainty she wanted.

 

If it wasn’t for the few days Baekhyun had avoided her, she probably wouldn’t have realized how easily he could disappear from her life. Everything in life is vague. So moments like this should be treasured. And opportunities like this shouldn’t be wasted.

 

Taking a deep breath, Areum put away her sketch pad and pencil. She leaned a bit closer to see if Baekhyun was asleep or not. He was, fortunately. Although the girl was positive that she wanted to confess, a direct confession seemed too nerve-wrecking to her. She had never been a really brave girl.

 

Whilst tracing his peaceful features, she wondered about how to confess. Should she write him a letter? Or maybe carve it into the tree? Or just wake him up and whisper it?

 

In all honesty, she had no clue.

 

Areum groaned quietly. At moments like this, she really wished to be a little braver. She wished to have that carefree nature that would allow her to simply laugh and tell him the three words she wanted to share.

 

Wasn’t it ridiculous? She had enough courage to want to confess, but a little lacked to do it directly. Shaking her head at her how dumb her situation was, she stood up. Her sketch pad, that’d been lying on her lap, fell to the ground and a loose piece of paper slipped yet again. Areum sighed before she grabbed after it. She couldn’t get a hold of it because the wind was so strong today. Slightly annoyed at her bad luck, she took a step to go after it, when something struck her.

 

An idea began to form in her brain, and she quickly grabbed her sketch pad from the ground, took a loose and empty sheet of paper. She picked up her pencil and bit her lower lip in excitement as she wrote something.

 

Once she was done, she looked at it one last time before she let go of it, allowing the wind to carry it with it.

 

She then bend down and gently nudged Baekhyun to wake him up. “Baekhyun,” she softly mumbled, and the male’s eyes fluttered open. “Huh!?” He blinked several times in confusion, looking around. “Did I fall asleep? Oh, sorry!”

 

Areum smiled. “It’s okay, but can you help me get a drawing? The wind blew it away again,” she mumbled, sounding almost whiny at the end. “And I at catching papers in the wind, as you know,” she gave him a look that almost seemed to beg. “I really liked that drawing.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter