Déjà-Vu

Florescence of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Okay, okay. Wait a moment, this isn't the last chapter after all. While writing it, I realized that I will add two chapters because the description of the confrontation already took too long. There's still one chapter to come, but that will be the last chapter, a hundred perdent certainty. Besides, I like the count of 12 chapters more than 11. 

I will try to write the last chapter now and if we're lucky, then it'll be finished in an hour or so. I was so ghappy to be met with so much positive reactions for the little continuation. Thank you! 

As for now the announcement chapter will stay, so all the others can also see it. But in a week or so (I think everyone will have seen it by then) I will remove it. 

----

 

A few days had passed after Areum had made up with Baekhyun. The sudden change that had her hang out with him during the breaks again caused problems between her and her friends. But instead of trying to avoid any confrontation about this problem, she decided to do something she should have long time ago. She settled her problems with Yura and Minah once and for all. She wasn’t going halfheartedly hang out with them anymore, wasn’t being a coward who was afraid of a direct confrontation.

 

“I’ve got something to say,” Areum mumbled one day during break, causing Yura and Minah to look up from the magazine they’d just been reading. “Yeah?” Their expressions were so normal, so unexpecting, that for a second Areum caught herself not wanting to say anything at all. Wasn’t it dumb to ruin the friendship out of the blue? But not even a split second later, she had her determination back. For it was even dumber to continue like this. To continue with such a halfhearted friendship.

 

“You guys know that I’ve been hanging out with Baekhyun again,” Arem continued.

 

“Do we really have to talk about it again, Areum? We told you what we think of him and it’s better to distance yourself from him,” Minah said right after she had finished her sentence.

 

Areum sighed heavily. “And that’s the point. You really can’t accept him, and I … think it’ll be difficult for us to continue being friends then. Baekhyun is really important to me.”

 

Yura suddenly stood up, eyes narrowing. “Are you seriously ending our friendship for a boy?” Minah nodded her head as she supported, “Yeah, are you?”

 

“It’s not exactly that, but … I can’t force you to accept him. So instead of making both sides uncomfortable, we can … just stop … being friends,” Areum mumbled, feeling terrible as she said those words. “It’s not because I don’t like you two. You are really nice and it’s been a fun time with you. But … I feel that our interests are quite different after all, as well as our perception of people.”

 

The girl took a deep breath after she had finished saying that, staring down at the desk. It felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders, but at the same time, the seconds of waiting for their answer made Areum extremely nervous. She hoped they’d take it well. She hoped they could part like adults and not fighting children.

 

“Well,” she could hear Yura start, but she kept her gaze trained on the desk. “If that’s what you think,” Minah continued, and finally Areum looked up. The two other girls kept quiet as they looked at her.

 

Although Yura and Minah didn’t say so, Areum could see in their eyes, that they thought the same. They, too, must have realized the differences between them and her. “Can’t be helped,” Yura mumbled slowly and shrugged.

 

“We … were never forcing you to be with us in the first place,” Minah mumbled. “Yeah, we just wanted to be nice,” Yura added, gnawing on her lower lip.

 

“I know and I’m thankful for that. But I just think it’s easier for me to be around … Baekhyun. You two are very compatible, but I am not. Your interests are similar and your personalities match. You two are really nice, but probably better off without me,” Areum muttered, trying to find the right words.

 

The atmosphere was beyond awkward and uncomfortable, so when the two other girls retreated to their seats because class was starting, Areum felt relieved. It may be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter