End of the Cherry Blossom Season

Florescence of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum stared at the drawing of the dress once she was home, her mind replaying the scene of her standing in front of the mirror. A smile tugged at her lips, as she grabbed a pencil and began to draw. After several minutes she held up the drawing and sighed satisfied. It was the first time she'd drawn herself, and she looked at it a little longer. She was glad he made her try the dress on; not particularly because of the dress itself, but because it made her realize her self-made barriers. It felt like a step forward. A step closer to happiness.

 

"Thanks, Baekhyun," she mumbled, her toes curling up in excitement at the thought of him. Baekhyun, her inner-voice repeated, and a wide grin spread across her lips. The feeling of flying appeared in her chest again, making her tip her her toes nervously on the laminate floor of her room.

 

Areum tilted her head and squeezed her eyes shut. What was this prickling feeling? She couldn't get the image of Baekhyun's bright smile out of her head, and the smile on her lips didn't want to disappear either. Was this what her female classmates felt with the soccer and basketball team? No, she thought, this is stronger. She wasn't just swooning over Baekhyun's looks or reputation; she was enjoying every second of his presence because of his bright personality and kind soul.

 

She was falling in love. As the realization hit her, Areum held her breath for a second, eyes round and cheeks reddening.

 

 

It was confirmed when Areum ran into Baekhyun in the school corridor after the weekend. Her whole body was prickling when he greeted her with his ever so bright smile. Not wanting to behave weirdly, she took out her sketchpad and grasped the drawing from yesterday. "I changed the drawing of the dress a bit." She smiled.

 

The male chuckled softly as he looked at the drawing. "You should draw this girl more often. She's pretty," he said. Frowning, Areum replied, "Uh, that's me ..."

 

A laugh escaped Baekhyun's lips. "I know."

 

The girl's cheeks flushed, and she bit her lower lip. How was she supposed to act normal when he said such things? She cleared awkwardly, but the second Baekhyun laughed, her awkwardness disappeared. When that boy laughed, you couldn't help but do the same.

 

"Isn't that your classroom?" Baekhyun's voice made her snap out of her thoughts and she blinked a few times when she realized that she was already standing in front her classroom. Time really flew when she was with Baekhyun, huh? Hadn't she just greeted him a second ago? Geez, she thought and unwillingly bade him goodbye.

 

The boy stayed at the door until she reached her seat. As Areum made her way to her chair, she glanced at Yura and Minah briefly but didn't say anything. The other two girls stayed quiet as well. However, she could see that the two were glancing at Baekhyun a few times, and Areum could perfectly hear what they were saying as they didn’t bother to speak quietly. “Now, he's even dropping her off in front of the classroom. I smell trouble, Yura!” Minah said, crossing her arms. Yura nodded affirmatively. “He's no good. I heard that one teacher scolded him again yesterday. What does she want with such a guy?! He's so strange. If she keeps hanging out with him, she'll become like that, too.” Areum's hands unknowingly clenched into fists as she heard what they say. Her gaze wandered to the door and she pressed her lips into a firm line, because Baekhyun was still standing at the door. She hoped he hadn't heard what Yura and Minah said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter