Thousand Watt Smile

Florescence of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Areum kept quiet and just continued to stare at the boy in front of her, eyes wide. She didn’t even realize that he was coming even nearer because she was so lost into her thoughts as to how to explain the whole situation to him. As the boy leaned even closer, shortening the distance to merely ten centimeters, so that his face was basically in front of hers, she snapped back to reality and jumped back in surprise. Her sketch pad slipped from her hands, and the girl silently cursed her clumsiness. She bent down and picked up her sketch pad.

 

Unfortunately though, the loose papers were blown away by the wind and panic spread inside Areum as she watched her drawings riding the wind and distancing from her. Without further ado, she rushed past the boy and tried to catch her drawings. Fortunately, she was able to get most of them back, but one, however, was still whirling around and no matter what, the girl couldn’t seem to get ahold of it. Areum really didn’t want any of her drawings to get ruined because of dirt or anything else, so she continued to run after the painting, but it seemed like the wind was messing with her, as it made the drawing fly right and left and up and down. When it was finally closer to her, she stretched out her hand, but barely missed it. Just as she wanted to utter a huge sigh, a hand shot up next to her head and grabbed ahold of the drawing. 

 

Eyes rounded in surprise, the girl turned around, and was met by that certain boy. Now that she was staring at him with her senses back and her thoughts right here, she realized that although he did look rather petite from far away, he was still taller than her by half a head. Her gaze wandered to the drawing in his hand and yet again her eyes widened. Out of all papers he could have caught, it just had to be the one sketch of him.

 

When the boy noticed that her eyes were literally gluing on the paper in his hand, he turned it around and looked at it. Areum gulped when he did that. It wasn’t that she was scared of him, but she just felt extremely uncomfortable having drawn him without asking him and him finding it out.

 

“Is that me?”

 

The girl looked at the ground and softly muttered, “Uh, yes.” When she didn’t hear any response, she quickly added, “I'm sorry for just drawing you without asking for permission … it was just the scene looked really nice and …” Areum trailed off – she wasn’t going to tell him how his childish behavior had enraptured her. Keeping her head lowered, she looked up to see his reaction. And to her huge surprise, he was grinning at her. “It's alright.”

 

The girl dumbly blinked several times. Alright? Any other person would have freaked out, right? It happened a few times already that she'd gotten into trouble because of drawing strangers. Once, there had been a girl in her chemistry class who was so lovely and pretty that Areum couldn’t resist the urge to draw her. So she did – often, even – and when the said girl found out, she'd been looking at Areum with eyes that showed exactly that the girl was crept out. So were the reactions of some mothers in the park when she drew the cute little children. They were all utterly uncomfortable because an unfamiliar girl was watching them and even drawing them.

 

“Aren't you a bit … freaked out? I mean, after all we're strangers,” Areum asked unsurely, eying the boy in rather nervous manner.

 

“Baekhyun,” the boy suddenly said, taking Areum aback. She gave him a confused look. “Huh?”

 

Thereupon, he laughed heartily, yet again taking the girl aback. “My name's B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter