Little Things

Florescence of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day later when the class was dismissed, Areum slowly stood up from her seat and packed her things. She glanced over to Yura and Minah, who were both engrossed in their own conversation. Yesterday, when she had come back from the schoolyard (when Baekhyun told her his little story), yet again there had been only silence between her and her friends. It seemed like none of the sides had the intention of trying to apologize. Their current situation somehow left an uncomfortable feeling in Areum's chest, but the girl didn’t know what to do about it. Heaving a sigh, she walked through the corridor. As she took the first step out of the school building, she was met by an all too familiar face. Her eyes widened at Baekhyun's sudden appearance and she jumped back a little. The boy only smiled and grabbed her left hand, whereupon she gave him a bewildered look. “What are you doing?” 

 

Instead of answering, Baekhyun continued to pull her with him. He turned his face to her, though, and grinned widely. His dazzling grin left the girl speechless, especially as the sun made it seem as if he was glowing. His hair was, as always, slightly disheveled, and his eyes were smiling ever so brightly.

 

Areum stared at him for too long, not even noticing that she'd been holding her breath. Had she always found his messy hair to be so endearing? It took her a while to snap back to reality, and when she finally did, she unconsciously broke into a smile and willingly let him pull her with him. His grip lightened a lot as he noticed the girl following him. They were getting further away from the school, and Areum really wondered where he'd bring her.

 

She was absolutely dumbfounded when the boy halted after twenty minutes, as they were standing in front of a boutique. “What …?” She trailed off, giving the male a not understanding look. Baekhyun chuckled and pushed her forward. “That dress you drew. You want to try it on, don’t you?” He asked, giving her a smile.

 

Thereupon it struck the girl and she immediately stopped walking, mouth open but no words leaving her lips. Baekhyun continued undeterred, “When I walked past this boutique yesterday, I saw it.” He then took her hand again and gently nudged her to go inside. “So, I figured I'd bring you here.”

 

The girl's cheeks flushed and she unsuccessfully tried to get rid of Baekhyun's hand. “I don’t want to try it on!” She lied, and both her and Baekhyun knew that it was miserable lie. “Besides, I'm not going to buy it anyway … it's too expensive,” she mumbled. Her eyes widened when she was suddenly pulled forward. “Trying on's for free.” Baekhyun grinned, pushing the girl inside the shop once and for all.

 

Areum couldn’t hide the smile that spread across her lips when she spotted the dress. Surprisingly, it looked even prettier than in the magazine. Before she even had time to admire it, Baekhyun already grabbed it and pushed it in her hands. “Try it on, will you,” he laughed heartily before he smiled at her. When he was giving her such a thousand watt smile, the girl couldn’t disagree. This boy, she thought, a smile spreading across her lips.

 

In the changing cabin did she realize how absurd the situation was, but it was already too late for that realization then. She changed into the dress and eyed herself critically. Argh, that's just not me, she thought, making a grimace at her reflection. “You finished?” She heard Baekhyun call and mumbled 'yes' in reply. “Then come out.”

 

Areum shook her head. “No!” It was honestly too embarrassing to step out of the cabin with this dress, but before she had time to think about it further, the curtain swayed open, and a gasp got stuck in the girl's throat. “Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter