Chapter Nine

Parental Guidance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine:

"It happens to all men.”

Yunho pouted in the corner, taking a swig of the once forgotten bottle of wine. He clearly didn’t believe him, and hugged his knees to his chest while Jaejoong rubbed his shoulders.

“Trust me, Yunho,” Jaejoong gave an assuring smile. “1 out 5 men have this kind of problem.”

“1 out of 5?!” Yunho gasped. “Are you saying I’m that 1?!”

“I--” Jaejoong gulped. “Um..”

“I can’t believe this!” Yunho looked down at his boxers. “Wake up you piece of !”

“Sweetie, don’t yell at it.”

“Or what, Jaejoong? I’m gonna hurt his feelings?” Yunho hiccuped. “This is still happening. Get on the bed.”

“W-What?”

“Bed. Now.”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and sighed before climbing back on the bed. Yunho wobbled and gave a determined look before he nodded to himself and dropped his boxers. To be honest, Jaejoong had never seen this kind of look on his husband’s face before and it was kind of y. He bit his lip in anticipation and slowly opened his legs.

“Oh Yunho…”

Plop.

“Yunho?”

It didn’t take long before Jaejoong heard his husband snoring and he kicked him.

“Yah! Jung Yunho!”

--

Dinnertime. It was possibly Changmin’s favorite meal time aside from breakfast and lunch. Hyesung prepared a hot pot and Changmin made sure to get his fill before running off to his room.

“Yah, Changmin!” Eric called out lazily while he sipped the soup in his bowl. “No running!”

Hyesung rolled his eyes at the “disciplinary action” taken before he glanced over at Minwoo. He noticed the blank stare and disinterested look in his grandson’s eyes and he furrowed his brows before clearing his throat.

“Minwoo, honey? Are you not hungry tonight?”

“Nah, not really.” Minwoo bowed his head before standing up. He left the table and Junjin sneakily slid the bowl over to himself and gobbled its contents down while Hyesung sat with a saddened expression.

“Teenagers, am I right?” Eric looked over at Doyoon.

“Grandpa’s stinky!”

“Yah! Do you wanna die?!”

“Halbeoni~!”

“Eric for crying out loud stop fighting with Doyoon!”

“He started it!”

“No, he did!”

“Yah!”

“Yah!”

“Mansae!”

--

Minwoo sat at on the rooftop, sighing deeply while he stared out at the lights. He had his knees pulled up to his chest and a small frown on his face. He thought about his current feelings towards Matilda and then groaned softly.

“Not feeling well?”

He jumped in surprise when he saw Hyesung crawl on the roof to sit next to him.

“Wah,” Hyesung smiled. “Look at all the lights.”

“Yeah,” Minwoo nodded. “I like coming out here. Sometimes Junjin comes out with me.”

“It’s kind of dangerous to be on the roof like this, don’t you think?”

Minwoo glanced over at his halbeoni with a shocked expression, expecting to hear the worst, like he couldn’t come out anymore.

“I’ll have Eric build a nice railing, mm?” Hyesung smiled. “So you two don’t fall.”

Minwoo breathed out a sigh of relief and nodded before looking back out towards the city view. He thought mostly to himself before he finally looked over at Hyesung shyly.

“Halbeoni?”

“Yes, sweetie?”

“I...um…” Minwoo ran his hand through his hair. “I have a question.”

“Go for it.”

“Um…” He gulped and closed his eyes so he wouldn’t see the disappointment on his grandmother’s face. “I’m not gay.”

He expected to hear yells and shouts of anger, but instead he heard nothing. He slowly opened his eyes and saw Hyesung with a small smile.

“And what?” He asked. “You expect me to be upset?”

“W-Well... aren’t you?” Minwoo asked.

“Minwoo, sweetie, why in the world would I be upset?”

“Because...you and grandpa are gay and my parents too…”

“Oh sweetheart…” Hyesung placed a hand on Minwoo’s shoulder. “It isn’t a family tradition. Love is love, and whether or not the person you love is man or woman it doesn’t matter. No one has a say in who you choose, all we do is provide support because we love you for who you are.”

Minwoo was so relieved that he teared up a little and threw himself into Hyesung’s arms for a tight embrace. Hyesung smiled and happily returned the hug and placed a soft kiss on top of Minwoo’s head.

“Thank you so much, Halbeoni…”

--

Yunho woke up hours later, groaning at the sunlight hitting his face while he tried to overcome the diz

Please log in to read the full chapter