Chapter Six

Parental Guidance
Please log in to read the full chapter
AN: Sorry for the long wait! I can make a list of excuses but I don't see the reason behind them. But the most important one is that I had a small writer's block when it came to this chapter. After listening to 'This Love' more than twenty times yesterday, I finally was able to finish it. :D    With Much Love, Stark.   ---------------------------------   After dropping off the kids at school, Eric had his head leaning on the closed window of his seat. Changmin decided he didn't want to go to school, and after so much debates Eric found himself stuck with the ten-year-old on his hip crying and begging not to go to school.   When Eric relented, Changmin pulled away as if nothing happened and went back to his seat.    Hyesung didn't seem to mind, though. He was hoping that this will be the time that Eric can talk to the boy, but Eric refused to say anything to Changmin even after Hyesung tried to coax him into saying something.    Changmin was busy playing with his PSP now, a tongue darting out every couple seconds and his fingers tapping away and Doyoon was trying to look.    "Eric." Hyesung said and Eric turned to him, a tired look on his face. Hyesung didn't give him much eye contact, but his voice did the work of catching Eric's attention. Eric waved him off.   "Not now. Later." Eric mumbled and Hyesung sighed.   "Now would be a perfect time."   "There is no such thing as a perfect time."   Hyesung sighed.   "Arasseo, arasseo."   It was a comfortable silence then, the little 'pew, pew' sounds from Changmin's game echoed throughout the van. Hyesung started to chew on his lip, a horrible habit that he had picked up from Eric when he's upset.    When Eric was going to say something, Changmin's game went silent and Doyoon whined a little.   Changmin looked up.   "I'm hungry."   Eric scoffed.   "We just ate before dropping off your siblings. How on earth are you hungry again?"   Changmin shrugged.   "Metabolism."   Eric raised an eyebrow.   "You do know what that is, right?"   Changmin rolled his eyes.    "You do know I'm smarter than you, right?"   It was Eric's turn to roll his eyes.   "Well, Mr. Smarty-pants, looks like you'll just have to wait until lunchtime."   Changmin gave a pout and crossed his arms, huffing out his cheeks as his face turned a bright red.   When Eric didn't get a reply, he turned around. Changmin had let go of the PSP, his hands balled into fists at his sides and his face turning a dark shade of red by the second.   "Hey, are you holding your breath?"   Changmin's eyebrows scrunched up.   "Changmin, forget it. We are waiting until lunchtime."    Changmin's face grew darker and he closed his eyes.   "Changmin. Stop it."    A twitch.   "Chang-"    -Thirty Minutes Later-   While Changmin swallowed another slice of pizza, his little hands reached for the next slice automatically.    Eric glared at the child, while Hyesung ordered more cheese sticks.    "I can't believe I've been had. Again."   Hyesung gave him a glare.   "At least he's fine, Eric." Hyesung scowled and Eric threw up his hands.    "He was playing the whole time!"   "That's enough! No fighting on the table!"   Eric pouted. Doyoon, who was just eating the pizza toppings, dropped his pepperoni and rubbed at his stomach.   "Halbeoni, I'm full~!"   "...of crap." Eric sneered.   "Eric!"   "What? It's true! He has been attacking me since the first day we arrived here and then this whole time he was throwing spitballs at my feet!"   "Actually, Grandpa..." Changmin raised his hand. "...that was me."   "Why you-" Eric lunged for the kid but Hyesung intervened and pulled Eric back at his seat. Changmin gave him a grin.   "ENOUGH!" Hyesung scowled. Eric cowardly pulled away.   "You got it, honey. Love you." Eric shivered at his seat.   "You better love me." Hyesung sat back down and sighed, rubbing at his eyes. "I'm getting too old for this."   Changmin started to chew on his pizza again, waving his arm in the air trying to get a waiter's attention.   When one came over, Changmin pointed at his slice.   "I would like two more pies just like this, and another order of garlic bread."   "WHAT?!"   -------   Changmin hid his face behind the bag of popcorn as another gory scene came into the picture. Doyoon watched with fascination while Hyesung cringed at some of the killing shown on the big screen. Eric had left to get more drinks and Changmin felt the cold air chill up the hairs on his neck and he shivered.   "Halbeoni, I changed my mind. I don't want to watch this movie anymore."   Hyesung waved his hand as if listening to him, but had his eyes glued on the screen.   "Not now, Changmin. Eric's almost here with your soda." Hyesung cringed again and a shrill scream echoed throughout the auditorium. Changmin whimpered and put the bag over his eyes again.   Doyoon called out Changmin's name and when Changmin turned to look at him, Doyoon flicked one of his eyelids down in a mocking gesture.   "Changmin's a scaredy cat." Doyoon whispered and Changmin stuck out his tongue at him.    After a couple more scenes where a sledgehammer was used, Changmin felt his body curl up in fear before he felt a hand on his shoulder.   A scream was heard, followed by a groan and steps and a bang. Everyone in the auditorium turned around, finding Eric on the floor with the cups thrown on the carpet, a laughing Doyoon and a bewildered Hyesung.   "Last time I'll ever let that kid choose the movie." Eric groaned as he laid back down on the ground.   "It was barely the first time." Hyesung piped, but was shushed by another customer. Hyesung waved at him apologetically before looking at his husband.   "Yeah, now it's the last." Eric groaned and a woman turned around her seat.   "Would you please be quiet? Some of us are trying to watch the movie!" She growled and turned back around, facing the screen, and throwing a handful of popcorn in .    Eric on his teeth, getting up a bit in a challenge.    Hyesung glared at him. Eric backed down.   Doyoon giggled. Eric pouted.   "I'm going to look for Changmin. Be back later." Eric whispered and Hyesung nodded, giving him the ok. Hyesung sat back down and watched the screen again and Doyoon grasped his hand, sneering at Eric the whole time.   Eric glared.   'That kid is going to be the death of me.' Eric shook his head and picked up the thrown cups and walked out.    -------   "This is stupid. Why are we at the park, anyway?" Changmin groaned as he walked behind Eric and Hyesung who had Doyoon clinging to each of their hands, being waved around like a swing. Doyoon giggled lightly before turning around to face his brother for the nth time that day.   "Obviously, what people do at the park. To have fun." Doyoon said proudly; Eric and Changmin simultaneously rolled their eyes while Hyesung laughed softly.   "What do you want to do?" Hyesung asked.   "To hold a controller in my hands and be playing a game at the same time."   "...not involving technology." Eric finished.   Changmin sighed.   "You're really boring."   "You think anything that doesn't involve you doing what you want is boring."   "That's not true!" Changmin countered.   "Oh yeah? Name one thing."   Changmin grounded his teeth and stomped angrily on the sidewalk.   "You are not being fair, grandpa!"   "Oh, really? How am I not? First I let you skip school, we ate lunch twice because you were hungry, we went to the movies to see that new horror film you wanted to see, and throughout it all you did not even say a word of thanks to your halbeoni for making me do everything you wanted to do."   Changmin's eye twitched and before Eric knew it, he had a handful of ten-year old tackling him into the grass and throwing punches on his chest. Hyesung picked up Doyoon and watched with fascination as Eric tried, but failed, to block Changmin's tantrum-filled knuckles.   "Is that all you got? You hit like your dad!" Eric meant it to be a jab at Yunho's pride, but Changmin took mighty offense to that, hitting him even harder.   "That's mean, grandpa! I'm only ten!"   Eric gasped as one punch hit his spleen but he managed to roll them over and tumble down into the park. Once they landed Eric tried to get up only to have Changmin pull him back down.   "Oh, you don't get to insult me and walk away with it!" Eric pulled away almost instantly and finally got on his feet. He stumbled back and Changmin pulled up his arms in defense.   "Oh yeah? Try stopping me." Changmin growled and when Eric turned his back Changmin jumped him, biting Eric's shoulder.    Eric hissed in pain and twisted and turned to get to the boy behind his back while Hyesung decided that it was okay to pull out his phone and start taking pictures while Doyoon sat beside his feet, cheering for his older brother. Eric stopped to take a breath when he saw Hyesung giggling over the pictures.   "Hyesung, aren't you going to help?!" Eric cried out, Changmin pulling himself even higher over Eric's head and wrapping his arms around his neck, keeping his grip tight.   "Nah. I think Changmin can handle it."   Eric pouted at that.    "You're evil."   Hyesung only blew him a kiss.   "I love you, honey."   Eric scowled.   It was only a couple more seconds until Changmin let go and dropped down on the ground. Eric raised an eyebrow in amusement as Changmin took deep breaths.   "Had enough?"   Changmin shook his head.   "Well, I guess now I will have to pull out the big guns." Eric himself took deep breaths of his own before raising his hands up in the air. Changmin's eyes widened.   "You wouldn't dare."   "Oh, I would."   Changmin didn't even let him get close as he dashed off with Eric towing behind him.    It didn't take long for Eric to catch up to the child, grabbing his sides and letting his fingers tickle his tummy while Changmin laughed and giggled. They fell to the ground again, Eric towering over the other with his hands clambering around Changmin's sides.   "No, grandpa! No!" Changmin giggled again, trying to pry Eric's fingers away. Changmin curled in himself as Eric continued his tickle torture, while Hyesung smiled at them. Doyoon decided to join both boys, throwing himself on Eric's back and Eric pulled him down with the other and continued his assault.    When he was done, Changmin and Doyoon were breathin
Please log in to read the full chapter