Chapter Thirteen [Part One]

Parental Guidance
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

--

Yunho walked with the children in tow. Both Junjin and Minwoo carried Junsu and Doyoon, with Changmin trailing behind them. He had tears threatening to fall, and tried really hard not to let them. It took Yunho days to pry him out of his room and eat. He has never seen Changmin so distraught. 

Junsu finally admitted about the bullying and shown Yunho his healing bruises that he had hidden under his arms and torso, and Yunho knows there is going to be hell to pay the first chance he gets into that school. 

The room became visible, and Changmin stopped before everyone stood in front of the door. He started to shake and the tears he had in ran down his cheeks.

“Dad, I can’t do this.” Changmin sobbed, and Yunho walked back to pull him in a hug.

“It’s okay, Changmin. We are just going to see how your grandpa is doing, and maybe go get some food. How does that sound?” 

Changmin sobbed harder on his shoulder. 

“I don’t wanna eat. I want Grandpa.” Changmin cried, wiping his nose on his father’s shirt. Yunho held him closer. 

“Yunho?” 

Yunho turned around and saw Jaejoong standing next to Hyesung holding jellos. Junjin and Minwoo ran up to both of them, giving their parents a hug. 

Yunho stood up with Changmin in his arms, and everyone walked over to him. 

“Oh, Changmin.” Hyesung held out his arms and Changmin jumped over to him. Yunho mouthed an apology and Hyesung smiled reassuringly and handed Jaejoong the jellos while he patted Changmin’s back comfortingly.

“You came to check on Appa?” Jaejoong whispered, and Yunho nodded, motioning towards the kids.

“They wanted to see him.”

“He...hasn’t changed.” Jaejoong said softly, and Yunho wrapped his arm around him gave his waist a little squeeze.

“Your grandpa is still sleeping, okay? So please be extra quiet so he can rest and get better.” Hyesung said, and he opened the door to the room. 

The blinds were opened, giving the man on the bed an unearthly glow. He had a peaceful look on his face, and Changmin hiccuped. Hyesung put him down, and Changmin slowly walked over to the man.

“Grandpa, it’s time to wake up.” Changmin sniffed. 

The heart monitor answered him. Changmin’s lips trembled, and he reached over to touch the older man’s hand. 

“Gr-grandpa. You had enough sleep.” Changmin said, and he shook his hand, trying to wake him up. Doyoon and Junsu walked over to him. Junsu put a comforting hand on Changmin’s shoulder, but tears ran down his face.

“Grandpa needs to sleep, okay Minnie?” Junsu said, and Changmin’s face scrunched up to stop the tears.

“No! Grandpa can’t be asleep anymore!” Changmin cried, and he shoved Junsu off of him and ran out the door. Yunho followed him out, and Jaejoong went over to pick up Junsu.

“Changmin’s having a hard time. Let’s let him breathe for a minute, okay?” Jaejoong said and Junsu nodded. 

“He’s always so loud. If we aren’t careful, he’ll grow up to be a drama queen.” 

Everyone turned to the bed as Eric opened his eyes.

“Appa?” Jaejoong whispered and teared up.

Eric stretched and sat up on the bed, being mindful of the IV’s needles clinging to his skin. He looked over to his son and grandson and smiled. 

Junsu got up and jumped on Eric’s torso, crying into his robe.

“Grandpa! You’re okay!” 

It was queue for the rest of them to jump on the man, pulling him into a giant bear hug with Doyoon trying to climb over his older brothers. Hyesung waited in the back of the room while Jaejoong slowly got on his feet. 

“Yah! Do you want me to die?!” Eric’s muffled cries caused the boys to chuckle, and eventually letting go of the man, but not before Minwoo smacked him in the arm.

“Ow! What was that for?!” Eric pouted.  

“Grandpa! Do you know that you made everyone worried?! Changmin lost like ten pounds!” Minwoo scolded, and Eric stared at him dumbfounded. 

“What? That kid was a walking twig where did he have those ten pounds? On his cheeks?” Eric snickered but stopped, confused. “Wait, why? What happened?”

“What do you mean what happened? Grandpa, you

Please log in to read the full chapter