Chapter Eleven

Parental Guidance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Eleven

--

Something just wasn’t right, Eric thought to himself. He looked at the rearview mirror and glanced at Doyoon, who seemed to be content playing with some confetti they gave him at preschool. Eric released a large sigh and then pulled up to the middle school gates, where he saw an ambulance take off. Eric looked around for his grandson, but with all the commotion from the emergency services, was unable to do so. He eventually just parked and took Doyoon with him to look for Junsu and then stopped one of the teachers.

“Excuse me,” Eric started. “I was wondering if you could help me find my grandson.”

“Sure, what’s his name?”

“Mun-- er, I mean-- Jung Junsu.” Eric smiled sheepishly while Doyoon clung around his neck.

“Jung?” The teacher asked. “Wasn’t he the one who was pulled off by the ambulance?”

Time seemed to have stopped momentarily and Eric felt a chill slowly crawl up his spine. There was no way in hell Junsu could’ve been in that ambulance, absolutely no way in hell! He quickly turned around and mumbled a soft thanks before he went back outside and looked around.

“Junsu!” He called out. “Junsu where are you?!”

“Junsu! Junsu!” Doyoon happily called along with Eric.

Eric started to walk faster, and then his steps took long strides, and then those became a soft jog all around the courtyard. His eyes wandered round for a glimpse of his small grandson, and soon enough he looked for a teacher.

Dongwan had been standing close by to where the ambulance was just moments ago. He still couldn’t believe Junsu had fainted, much less fight a bully. To be sincere, Dongwan was a little more than worried, and he wondered if his student would be okay. While he stayed lost in thought, he felt a light tap on his shoulder and he turned to see an older gentleman with a toddler in his arms.

“E-Excuse me,” Eric panted softly. “I’m looking for my grandson, his name is Jung Junsu.”

“Junsu?” Dongwan repeated softly. “He was just taken to the hospital, you should probably hurry to see him.”

Eric’s eyes widened slowly and he dashed back to the van without another word.

--

“Yunho hurry up you’re going to be late!”

“Oh shush, it isn’t a big deal.”

“Jung Yunho you get over here right now!”

With a defeated sigh, Yunho dragged his feet along the floor to a very anxious Jaejoong, who already had his suit on. When Jaejoong caught sight of Yunho he quickly rushed over and began adjusting his bow tie.

“Baby you’re making a really big fuss over nothing,” Yunho chuckled as he ran his fingers through Jaejoong’s hair, to which he earned a soft smack over his knuckles. “It’ll all be okay.”

“Shh!” Jaejoong turned back to the mirror to fix his hair and then spun back around to make sure Yunho’s tux was neat and aligned. “Almost done.”

“Jae, we’ve been done.” Yunho smiled. “You look amazing and I look...well, decent.”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and smiled back before taking hold of Yunho’s hand and giving it a small squeeze. “Okay, now we can go.”

“Jeez, took you long enough.”

“Yah!”

“Kidding, babe.” Yunho leaned over to plant a small kiss on Jaejoong’s cheek and then led him out of the room. “You never take lots of time to look as perfect as you do.”

“Thank you,” Jaejoong giggled and leaned against his husband’s arm. “Mm...I can tell you’ve been working out.”

“Just now you’ve been able to tell?” Yunho puffed his chest. “I’ve been working out for years!”

“You see? You don’t like jokes either.”

“Aish--” Yunho growled. “But I never make jokes about your body.”

“Of course not, cause if you did you’d be dead by now.”

--

Hyesung pulled up to the high school and smiled when he saw Junjin and Minwoo walking towards him. What surprised Hyesung however, was to finally see Junjin smiling. He had been talking to Minwoo down the sidewalk and it filled Hyesung’s heart with joy seeing the two finally speak to each other instead of giving quiet glances and complex dance moves.

As Hyesung unlocked the door his phone started to ring. He looked at the caller ID to see Eric’s name and quickly answered with a smile.

“Hi honey how--”

“Hyesung, don’t panic.” Eric said. Before Hyesung could begin to ask questions, Eric continued. “Junsu’s in the hospital.”

Hyesung’s eyes widened and he felt the car shift when the boys entered. He looked over to see Minwoo in the passenger side, but he couldn’t hide the fear that had appeared in his features.

“Halbeoni?”

“Eric I’ll meet you there.”

“Pick up Changmin first,” Eric said. “I have Doyoon with me.”

“Okay,” Hyesung nodded. “See you soon.”

--

With the swaying and rocking, he felt himself get sick.

He stood hovering over the railing of the boat and tried to hold his bile down as he suffered the worst headache o

Please log in to read the full chapter