Chapter Twelve

Parental Guidance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Twelve:

"Jaejoong, please slow down.” Yunho said, his voice trembling. Jaejoong growled, swerving through traffic like a madman.

“I’m not going to slow down until I reach the hospital.”

It didn’t take long for his father-in-law’s private jet to pick them up at the airport and brought them home. Jaejoong couldn’t stop shaking. It was like his worst nightmare. He felt bad for talking to his mother the way he did, but he was furious.

I shouldn’t have left home. I shouldn’t have left all of you.

A tear rolled down his cheek, and he squeezed the steering wheel a little tighter.

Yunho sighed, and reached over to Jaejoong’s thigh and gave it a comforting squeeze, and Jaejoong’s lip quivered.

“It’s our baby boy, Yunho.” he whispered with a crack in his voice. It dug into Yunho’s heart, to hear his husband so heartbroken, so, defeated. He felt tears coming up, but he urged them down. He needed to be strong for Jaejoong. For Junsu.

“It’s going to be okay. Junsu is a strong kid.” He was pretty sure he was talking to himself more than to Jaejoong.

--

Hyesung and Eric couldn’t sleep. It was the early morning, and the boys were draped over the hospital benches, trying to get some sleep. Eric held Hyesung’s hand as Hyesung held onto Doyoon sleeping on his lap. Worry was etched on their faces, and Hyesung sighed.

“What is taking them so long? I thought he just fainted?” Hyesung whispered, and Eric squeezed his hand before letting go of their entwined fingers.

“Maybe it’s best to take the kids home. You need some sleep.” Eric said, but Hyesung didn’t make a move. His eyes were downcast to the floor, and he wrapped his now free hand over Doyoon. Eric on his teeth.

“It’s not good for the boys to be here, too. They’re exhausted.”

Hyesung looked up at him then, and he pressed his lips together.

“Eric, how can I go when we have our grandson in the next room hooked up to machines to tell us if he takes a turn for the better or worse?” Hyesung’s eyes welled up with tears, and Eric looked away.

“I can--”

“APPA!”

Eric froze. The voice was malicious and dripped with venom, and Hyesung turned to look at the swinging doors as his only son walked in with his husband on tow. The boys stirred in their sleep from the booming noise, and Hyesung cuddled Doyoon closer as he looked back down to his feet instead of Jaejoong’s glaring eyes.

“Jaejoong. You’re he--”

“Stop. You listen to me and you listen well.” Jaejoong barked, and Yunho walked over to Hyesung to put a calming hand on his shoulder. He was there when Jaejoong snapped on his mother, and he felt horrible as Hyesung shook anxiously.

“I want to know how Junsu--” Jaejoong in a breath, trying to control his tears, “how my baby boy got here. I left you two with my children and look where that’s left us.”

Eric bit his lip, his heart ached for his son. He knew Jaejoong was angry, but he could tell that this was hurting him and it hurt him more seeing him in so much pain.

“From what the doctors say, he might’ve gotten a concussion from fainting in school. They are just waiting for him to wake up and make sure he’s doing okay.” Eric said calmly, trying to walk over to Jaejoong. Jaejoong stepped backward, not ready.  

“Okay. That’s okay. Just one other question.” Jaejoong focused his attention on his father, who stopped moving, and a brittle smile spread on his face. “Why didn’t you call me?”

Eric stayed silent.

Hyesung whimpered. He pulled Doyoon closer when Jaejoong let out a sardonic laugh.

“I see.” Jaejoong snorted, and looked over to his mother, who held onto his youngest son in a tight embrace. “Tomorrow, I want you to pack your bags and go home.”

“Jaejoong--”

“I’m not negotiating this. I want you out of my house.” Jaejoong walked over to a sleeping Minwoo. He touched his cheek with his fingers before running his hand through his hair.

Before Eric could say anything, a nurse walked out of the patient room along with the doctor.

Jaejoong and Eric took first notice and walked over to the couple.

“Mr. Jung. Mr. Mun.” the doctor acknowledged. Jaejoong looked at his father before turning back to the doctor fully.

“How is he?” Jaejoong asked, and the doctor sighed.

“Mr. Jung. There’s no other way to say this but…” the doctor smiled. “He’s doing just fine.”

A breath that no one knew they were holding was released and smiles littered the room. The doctor chuckled.

“It was more of an adrenaline rush that was a little much for his nervous system. We were worried about the issue of a concussion when he hit his head, but after he woke up he showed no signs of memory loss or coordination. The results from all the tests are normal, he can go home now.”

Eric let out a sigh of relief. Yunho went up to Jaejoong to hold him from behind.

“Thank you.” Hyesung whispered, closing his eyes and bumping his forehead on Doyoon’s.

“So he’s awake? Can we see him?” Jaejoong asked and before the doctor could say anything, the patient room door opened again. Junsu poked his head out and looked over to his mother, and tears welled up in his eyes.

“Mommy?”

Jaejoong dropped to his knees.

“Junsu!” he extended his arms and Junsu ran over to him, jumping into his mother’s embrace and crying on his shoulder. Jaejoong buried his face in Junsu’s hair before looking back at Eric and suddenly standing up.

“Leave.” He said lowly. “Now.”<

Please log in to read the full chapter