Chapter Thirteen [Part Two]

Parental Guidance
Please log in to read the full chapter

There are three parts of CH.13, please make sure you check which chapter you are on :)

---

“I refuse to do anything you say.”

Hyesung folded his arms, and he raised an eyebrow.

“Since when did I ever give you a choice?”

“You’re right. I’m sorry. I was trying to be rebellious.”

Hyesung shook his head. Right now Hyesung was folding their laundry while Eric sat on their bed. The boys were in school, and Jaejoong’s running errands with Yunho. Hyesung and Eric took it upon themselves to clean and tidy up the house.  

“All I’m asking is for you to tell them that we’re going back home.” Hyesung sighed, and Eric pouted. “We can’t intrude into their lives again. I’m pretty sure that they want to go to the way things are.”

“But,..that means that we’ll probably not see Jaejoong again. To see the kids again.” Eric whispered, and Hyesung looked at the floor. 

“That’s a risk we will have to take. Besides, Andy has a life. I’m pretty sure he found the hidden key for the front door by now. It’s a matter of time before he makes a run for it.” Hyesung said, and Eric choked.

“I forgot about Andy!” 

They laughed, and Eric reached over for a shirt, which Hyesung slapped out of his hands.

“The last time you helped, you made the shirts looked like dinosaurs.” Hyesung glared.

“I thought it was cute!” 

Hyesung rolled his eyes.

“Just do what you do best, and stay there.” Hyesung said and Eric whined.

“You never let me do anything fun!”

“Appa! Umma! I'm home!” 

Eric cheered and ran out of the room.
---

While Jaejoong and Hyesung cooked in the kitchen, Eric, Yunho and the kids were playing Monopoly in the dining room. Eric and Yunho refused to be beaten by Minwoo, who had the most houses and hotels of the game.

“Grandpa, just give up. The moment you land on my boardwalk, you will have no more money.” Minwoo smirked, and Eric on his teeth. Yunho was biting his nails as he watched the exchange between the two. He realized then and there that Minwoo was just like his father-in-law. Cocky and merciless.

“If you don’t give me a free pass, I will disown you.” Eric threatened and Minwoo bellowed. Junjin looked over to his father and he nudged him.

“Papa, don’t worry. I will win for the both of us.”

The dice was rolled, and soon after Yunho was hugging his second oldest as Minwoo landed on Junjin’s maxed out green properties, which left Minwoo bankrupt and trading properties.

“Did I ever tell you that you’re my favorite?”

Before Junjin could answer, Jaejoong walked over to them and pat his husband’s shoulder. 

“Guys, dinner will be ready soon. Finish your homework and wash up. I’ll call you when it’s ready.”
 
Not needing to be told twice, the boys ran their own separate ways, Junjin to the black screen in the living room, Doyoon to his toys in his room, and Junsu and Changmin jumped in the high chairs in the kitchen and pulled out their homework for the day.
 
“Why is it that when I tell you boys to do something, it’s always you two that listen?” Jaejoong asked, plopping down on the seat next to Junsu and put his head down. Junsu reached over to pet him gently.

Eric walked up to the boys and sat next to Changmin, and Changmin beamed at him.

Changmin and Eric were inseparable, to the point that Changmin would follow Eric around like a baby duck. He would sleep in Eric’s bed instead of his own and cuddle up between his grandparents and when Eric wanted to leave to the store or to pick up his siblings, he’s the first to follow him.

Eric turned away, guilt flooding his chest on the idea of telling him that he had to leave soon. Changmin tilted his head, confused.

“Dinner’s ready! Come on, guys!” 
 
Dinner was quiet compared to how it’s been since Eric’s discharge from the hospital. Changmin sat next to Eric, a goal of which he would often fight with his siblings for if they took the chair next to his grandpa, which made Hyesung sit on the opposite side of Yunho instead of near his husband to avoid a full blown brawl if Minwoo decided to annoy him by taking the seat. 

Today, though, Minwoo decided to sit next to his mother and had a blank look on his face. Hyesung noticed and discreetly reached over to squeeze his grandson’s hand. 

“Everything okay?” Hyesung asked, and Minwoo nodded. He didn’t say anything back, and Jaejoong took notice of his son’s silence.

“Minwoo? What’s wrong?”

Minwoo looked over to Hyesung.

“Is it true? Are you guys leaving?” Minwoo said bluntly, and Eric choked on the piece of pasta he had swallowed.

“How did-”

“I saw the tickets on your dresser. You’re leaving us.” Minwoo said, his eyes b with tears. 

He didn’t even wait for the reply. He got up and he left to his room, slamming the door in the process.

The table went silent, and Jaejoong looked over to his father.

“I guess now you have to tell them.” Jaejoong said, and Eric nodded.

“It’s true. We are leaving back home.” Eric said, and Changmin dropped his fork.

“You’re lying.” Changmin defended, expecting him to tell him it was a joke. 

When Eric didn’t say anything, Changmin got off the se

Please log in to read the full chapter