4

Too Young For Love?

    

 

 

 

     Minjung opened the cafeteria doors. So many people were in individual groups, it seemed like there were 1st, 2nd, and even some 3rd years bunched up in the huge room--well there was a second floor too. "Junggie there's like...nowhere to eat." Alice said. Minjung shook her head, "well just eat outside, that should be away from all this ruckus." After they both got their lunch they made their way through people. All of a sudden Minjung stopped where she was. "Unni what is it?" Alice asked, tapping on her shoulder.

     She didn't get an answer so she looked in minjungs direction then made an 'oh' face when she saw MingMing eating with his friends Seokmin and Jisoo. "Let's go before you make it even more obvious." Alice said, hooking their arms together. Minjung was stiffer than a stick, she would barely move so Alice practically dragged her. They finally reached a comfortable place outside the lunchroom and under a shady tree. "Yah Minjung, you've had that same face on ever since u saw MingMing--I mean come on, you'll talk to him soon." Alice said as she drank her iced tea.

     Minjung snapped out of her world then stared down at her lap. "Why is it only him that makes me this way? My head feels all fuzzy and I end up acting all stupid I'm front of him. Just like 2 years ago when he went to our old school. Everything would've been fine if he never found out I liked him! Ugh he's so stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" She yelled. "W-what? MingMing is stupid??" Alice asked--not knowing what to say anyways. Minjung facepalmed herself. "NO! FREAKING HANSOL THAT IDIOT!" Alice flinched. "Uh--um why? Did my oppa do something?" "Nothing..." Said Minjung, finally calming down, "He's just such an idiot..." Alice slowly nodded her head then took another sip from her drink. "If Mingming doesn't step up and tell you the way he feels about your confession--I mean not that you said it--but anyways if he doesn't then he doesn't deserve you. There's not another you, so it's his loss." she said, patting her friends back. "My loss too..." Minjung mumbled.

     Alice pouted and turned her eyes away from her friend. "Aigoo..I wish you could see how sad you look right now, I'm wondering where that strong hearted girl went." A few moments later she saw from the corner of her eye a familiar person picking at his food. "Omo! Seunggwan-ssi come join us!" she said cheerfully. Minjung turned away, still recovering from her sudden burst. Seunggwan turned to their direction and pointed to himself making Alice nod her head. He slowly rose and timidly walked over to her. When he was close enough she pulled him down to sit right beside her. "Yah where are all your friends?" she asked him. He shook his head. "I don't..kinda embarrassing but I don't have any yet..." Alice squinted at him. "is it because you're from China? Because you're Chinese? MingMing-ssi has no problem--" "I'm Korean and I'm from Jeju...I meant I lived in China for a while. I just returned after a few years and nobody here has talked to me...maybe they just don't want to because of Seokjin..." Alice pet his hair. "That's not true, I talked to you. I'm your friend right?" she asked with a smile. He blushed and nodded his head. "I-I guess you're right."

     The awkward aura came around when Alice just stared at Seunggwan's face as he ate his lunch. He realized and began eating slower. She looked as if she were examining his features. Before he took another bite she exclaimed, " Omo Junggie why didn't I notice? Seunggwan has these big cheeks and they stick out! Kinda like my Panda but Seunggwan looks like a cute puppy--and his eyes are so--ugh I wouldnt be surprised if you end up having such a pretty girlfriend this year." Seunggwan dropped his food and looked away with a red face, not even replying because he was lost in thought. "she thinks I'm cute???" he thought to himself over and over again. "Well that's two points for Seunggwan then." Minjung finally said, "Righ? He has a cute face and his eyes are too--also he's tallish compared to that 'Panda' of yours, I mean that guy's even shorter than you." "He...he is?" Alice asked with a face of intrest. "Yeah, and you haven't noticed? Even though you met him a couple times--are you serious?" replied Minjung. "That just makes him 10,000 times cuter than he already is!!" Alice squealed happily

      Seunggwan scratched his head while listening to Alice's spazzing. "I don't think that's cute." Minjung retorted. "Uh yeah it is. Watch I'll even Seunggwan would say so." Alice snapped back. 'I wonder if she's like this all the time. She's so easy going, without a care in the world. Gosh reminds me of myself that it's weird.' he thought to himself. "Right Seunggwan-ssi?" Alice said. "Mwoh?" He asked, not even knowing what she just said. "Tell Minjung it could be cute when a guy is shorter than a girl in couples." she said. Seunggwan made a quick face at her but made it fade away. "Sure?" he answered back. Alice flashed a smile at him then grinned victoriously to Minjung. "Told ya." she said. "What?? That wasn't even an answer."

     Alice stuck her tongue out at her then leaned her back on Seunggwan's shoulder. "Aigoo Seunggwan-ssi is there anyone you think you like yet?" she asked. Seunggwan jolted up, almost making Alice lose her balance and asked, "W-why you wanna know that?" She sat straight and faced him while waving her hands in front of them both. "I mean you don't have to tell me, it's just that Minjung likes somebody for a while but we aren't sure if he likes her back, so I thought it would be ok to have a guys opinion...you know, how a guy acts like when he likes somebody?" He shrugged his shoulders and began, "Well...This is the first day afterall and I really don't know many people here yet. But theres one person here I guess." "Oh really?" She exclaimed, "Tell us about her~~~!" He sighed deeply before answering. "Shes...kind of 'Obnoxious'...but she's funny and nice too."

    "Pfft well that girl is lucky." Alice said, "But then what do you feel when you see her?" Seunggwan looked over at Minjung who actually took intrest in the conversation. She gave him a gesture to 'go on'. "Eh...well this is kinda awkward telling girls." He gulped and swallowed slowly, making a weak but audible laugh causing both girls to stare at him. 'Geez way to put me on the spot.' He thought to himself. "I feel dizzy when she calls my name...and I think I might end up saying stupid things in front of her." "Alice I bet it's a Noona." Minjung said, elbowing the other girl lightly. Alice pretended to scratch her chin like an investigator in a movie. "Maybe--I mean that's what most of Hansol Oppa's friends like." They nodded their heads in agreement. "Thanks for telling us--I'll just check for signs from Minjung's person of intrest--Oh! And I hope that girl you like has the same feelings for you.." Seunggwan nodded his head and looked down. "Yeah...we'll see about that." he mumbled quietly. "Ugh, here comes your General Hansol." Minjung said as if she were tired.