Opening Ceremony and Happiness

Too Young For Love?

  

 

     The curtain of the Auditorium stage began to open up, with only one person standing on stage. The other two were sitting down. Alice immediatly smiles when she realizes one of the school representatives was Jihoon. "Welcome to Cheongdam-dong School of Performng Arts!" A Senior said, assuming on his black uniform. Most of the First years--including Alice and friends--cheered. He smiled, almost all the girls died in their seats. The Senior President was a teenager named JongHyun, he went by the nickname 'JR'--practically eyecandy. "Make sure to work hard this school-year, after all--you guys are the future to this school!" he said. People in the crowd roared with happiness. He was extremely charismatic, everyone listened to him. After his briefing was over, the junior Class President came forward: A pretty and young girl named Yooyoung. It was like the school made sure to fill the student council with gorgeous people. As the Junior Class President spoke, Alice turned over to MinJung. "Yah, MinJung." She started off in a whisper. MinJung turned her attention to Alice and mouthed "What?" Alice leaned closer to her then asked, "You see that guy there? The one in the green?" MinJung nodded her head then Alice continued. "I met him earlier...he's so cute--now that I know this is what he is it makes me even happier." She said happily. "Wow okay you like geeky and cute people." MinJung said jokingly making Alice glare at her, saying, "At least I don't have a crush on the player of this school. After all, everybody knows about it for some reason." As soon as she says that, MinJung looks directly at Hansol's direction.

     She makes a 'hmph' sound then looks away. Jihoon walks to the center of the stage immediatly earning a round of applause, especially from Alice. The freed Seunggwan puts his hands on his lap, secretly stealing glances at her. At the end of the ceremony the three student council members took three different groups of people on a tour of the school. Alice walks--or skips--happily holding onto MinJung's arm like a maniac, being overly happy that Jihoon was leading their group. "Omo he's so cute ^_^" Alice said, squealing while she was at it. MinJung rolled her eyes and sighed, these kind of things always happened when Alice began unrequited love with somebody. Hansol who was directly behind them also rolled his eyes. He pushed Alice by her head slightly. "Idiot." He said then scoffed. Alice turned around and made a puppy face. "Why are you making that ugly face?" Hansol said making her pout. "Whatever, you won't ever be close enough to Jihoon. He's like a panda. :3" Alice said then turned away, fast enough to not see Hansol's expression go down. Seunggwan--who was beside Hansol--walked casually along the trio, noticing Hansol's reaction but tries to ignore. A few minutes later of walking they were dismissed back to class. Everyone was entering the classroom with a familar person at the door. Alice elbowed MinJung unknowingly. "OMO IT'S HIM!" She said, realizing it was Jihoon, leaning on the side of the doorway. MinJung regains herself then nods, "Ahh ok ok...." Hansol goes in front of them and enters the room right away, followed by Seunggwan.

    Alice hides behind MinJung then moves slowly to the door timidly. "Oh there you are." Jihoon said making Alice turn stiff. MinJung gets away from Alice's grip then 'retreats' into the classroom. "A-ah yeah...hi..." She said, with her lips barely moving. Jihoon smiled. "Yah I told you that you would see me again." He said brightly. Alice blushed and nodded her head. "Mhmm...so you're the sophmore class president?" she asked, wanting to talk to him even more...even though she could barely speak. "Yep." He answered confidently then asked, "Wait that doesn't bother you or anything right?" Alice shook her head fast, "Aniya, I think smart people are very attractive--" she stopped when she saw Jihoon blush. "Ani! I didn't mean to say...well...aigoo..." she exclaimed. Jihoon cleared his throat then patted her head. "See you around Alice." He said. Alice blushed. In her head she though over and over again 'he remembered my name!!!'. Alice smiled the biggest smile ever. "You too Jihoon op--sunbae." she said then bowed to him and entered the classroom just before the teacher entered the room. The whole class period she thought of him, making her giggle in her seat and have a bunch of people stare at her like she was crazy. 

    Passing period began and Alice was squirming on her seat like an uncomfortable baby. "What the heck is wrong with you?" MinJung asked with a very confused face. Alice pouted and made a sad face that made creases on her skin making MinJung put a disgusted face on. "Oh god don't do that!" she exclaimed. "Junggie wheres the bathroom here???" Alice asked, like it was her last words. MinJung shrugged and said, "Just walk around until you see one...theres bound to be a bunch of girls heading to the bathroom to cake makeup on themselves you know." Just then a girl walked past and dropped a makeup compact on the floor then picked it up. "Aigoo how will I live if you break on me?" She asked the makeup compact like it would answer her back. Alice assumed she would be going to the bathroom so she got up and walked behind her as if she were a stalker. She sighed in relief when she saw the random girl enter the bathroom then she went into an empty stall. There were already a lot of girls in their socializing--and what MinJung said--caking makeup on themselves. "Omo did you guys hear? Apparently our MingMing oppa is single now!" a girl on the other side said. A bunch of them gasped and happily sighed. "That's a relief, they looked so good with each other I was afraid we'd actually lose him!"

    Alice just awkwardly listened at the girls' conversation and waited for more of the 'juicy' information to tell MinJung--since it was her crush they were talking about. "Oh yeah! I forgot theres this new guy in the freshman grade--LIKE HE'S SO CUTE!!" another girl said. "Who? He's probably not as good as MingMing oppa of course!" "His name is Han--Han something...but he's half american and again, is sooo cute!" Alice felt like she was going to puke while they were talking about Hansol in such a sweet manner. "But doesn't he have a girlfriend?" "Yeah I saw that! His name is Hansol. He even rejected Jiyoung for that one girl...Alice I think? Well that's if I remember, we were sitting right across from them. She was really pretty but not as pretty as Jiyoung. Right Jiyoung?" "Whatever." A girl said. Alice looked through the cracks and saw the same girl that shook--or squeezed--her hand in the morning. Jiyoung got off of the bathroom counter and said, "It doesn't matter who's prettier or not. Sure I got jealous but I mean it's not something to fight about. That's just childish." Alice covers her face with her hair and walks out to wash her hands. The awkward aura was around. The group of girls just looked at her because of her appearance then after she left the bathroom they began to talk about the senior class president.

     When she was finally out of all the gossip, class began again then everybody rushed back into the classroom along with the bathroom gang, who without knowing, pushed her out of the way as she walked. "Oh you." A voice said above her and extended her hand to her. It was Jiyoung. "Need a hand?" she asked. Alice thought about how she shook her hand earlier today but still grabbed Jiyoung's hand. Jiyoung pulled her up then the hallways were cleared of people already. Jiyoung let go then said, "About earlier...I'm sorry if we got off at a bad start, I wasn't myself." Alice nodded her head then Jiyoung continued, "You should get back to class, it's easy to get lost here, if you need help to find your way back I could help." Alice shook her head and said, "Oh no that's unnecessary, but thanks." Jiyoung smiled, "Well okay then, see you around." She paused and continued, "see you around Alice." Alice nodded her head then left after Jiyoung did. She looked around where she was but felt completely lost, she didn't know where she was. Probably because she only followed the girl to the bathroom, without looking at her surroundings. She began to randomly walk around to the areas she thought were familiar. All of a sudden she heard a guitar being strummed. Alice followed the sound through curiosity.

     It was coming from the roof, the sound became even more clear because the door to the roof was open. When she got to the roof top she saw a back of a guy who was playing the guitar with an open bottle of iced tea and a paper bag which had the local Bungeoppang logo on it, so she assumed it was a type of carp bread. She walked closer to him then the aroma from the carp bread made her stomach slightly growl. Alice turned red then the guy turned around, revealing his face making Alice's heart beat. "Ji-Jihoon Sunbae?" she said, overly surprised. Jihoon smiled at her and said, "Wow, it's funny how we meet randomly right?" 'It must be fate ' she thought to herself. "Yeah...it really is..." She said, amazingly not squealing. Jihoon scooted over a little then patted the floor. "Here, sit down." He said in a friendly tone. Alice walked over and sat. She felt light headed but happy. "What song do you like?" He asked, in a ready position to play his guitar. Alice though for a while then asked, "Do you know Just a feeling, covered by Urban Zakapa?" Jihoon suddenly smiled then said, "Of course, I love the classics." Alice hid behind her hair and smiled when he did. Right away he began to play, just for her...