Gates to a New World

Too Young For Love?

                                       

 

   "Alice, hurry up we have to catch the bus!" Hansol calls from downstairs. Alice ties her hair then run downstairs and strikes a funny pose. "Yah Oppa, what do you think? I'm wearing that strawberry hair tie you got me for my birthday." she said, trying to make him compliment her. Instead he threw a jacket at her and turned away. "Hurry up or I'm leaving you." He says, starting out to the door. "Why are you so cold?" She whines and pouts, chasing him out the door. They finally get to the bus stop then wait while standing. "Omo, does it take this long?" Alice whines. Hansol pokes her head with his finger, "The time never changed, you're just being lazy, pabo." She sticks her tounge out at him then steps away from him a bit. Last year they were picked out from their old middle school to join Cheongdam-dong school of performing arts, which is an extremely hard school to get in. "Ah FINALLY!" She says joyfully. Hansol just scoffs then pushes her out of the way, entering the bus first. As they sit down next to each other a bunch of girls on the opposite side of them look at Hansol all 'dreamily' and 'cutely'. It didn't bother Alice though, she'd been throught this a lot.

     One of the girls came up to him while the others just sighed and giggled. "A-anneyeong....I'm Jung Jiyoung...may I know yours?" She said shyly. Hansol looked away then made a gesture for her to go away. "Sorry, theres somebody else I like." He said. Jiyoung looked down a bit sad then looked at Alice as if she did something wrong but changed her features and extended her hand out to her. "Hello there, I'm Jung Jiyoung," she repeated then continued, "And your name is?" Alice took her hand then replied. "I'm Alice Bae." For some reason Jiyoung held her hand tightly to the point it hurt then Alice pulled her hand away. After Jiyoung went to sit back down with her friends Alice whispered to Hansol with a bit confusion. "Oppa....she shook my hand like she hated me..." He laughed to himself which made her frown and say. "Yah! Your fault! You don't even like anyone..." He stopped laughing then went quiet for the rest of the bus ride. Once they reached the school they got off the bus and walked to the gates to be greeted by Hansol's friends. "Yah Alice, find your way to the class." He says to her as he leaves with his trio of friends. Since he left she decided to get into the school but was a bit surprised. Once inside she noticed a large courtyard in the middle, a school building near a lake through the window, and a door which lead to a different section of the school--that had scattered buildings everywhere.

     She didn't know where to go but then saw a bunch of teenagers wearing a Green uniform--indicating they were second years. Blue uniforms are worn by first years--such as Alice and Hansol. "Um, excuse me..." She starts off. One of the guys turn around and made her lose words for a second--just by his looks. "Hi--um well...can you help me find room...215?" she stutters. He gently smiles and says while pointing into a direction, "I'll be glad to, all you have to do is walk into that direction and take a left--" She cut him off then asked, making an excuse, "Can you take me there? I'm just terrible with directions..." He turned to his friends then back at Alice. "Alright I'll take you there, it was my classroom too before." He paused and continued, "Sorry, I forgot to say, I'm Jihoon--a second year but you probably already knew that." Alice shook her head and said with a smile, "Aniya it's okay. I'm Alice, first year heh." Jihoon's eyes grew wide. "Omo, you wouldn't be a foreigner would you?" he exclaimed. "Actually...yeah I am." She answered. He stopped at a classroom then said, "If you ever need any help don't hesitate to ask me. Just ask for Jihoon if you're ever in trouble or lost." He said and began to walk away but then Alice grabbed his sleeve. Her face felt a bit hot. "Hey um...when will I ever see you again?" She asked. He patted her head the said, "It's okay, you'll see me very soon." After he said that he left, with Alice watching him leave. She felt a bit stalkerish, wanting to see him again so badly but shrugged it off.

     Just then she opened the door to her new classroom and a text book flew right past her face, making her heart skip a beat. nobody was in the room except for her, two girls, and five guys "WOAH! I'm so sorry!" A boy said, bowing and continuously apologizing to her. "You--erm...you know you can stop..." Alice said in an awkward tone. The boy looked up at her as he slowly got back to a 180 degree angle but was hit in the head by crumbled paper. The boy walked out the room as Alice was shocked then turned to the direction the paper came from to see a group of guys laughing. As she glared at them they noticed her and cleared their throats--making it look as if they did nothing wrong. Three of the guys walked to her as she stood her ground then one of them touched her hair. She made a disgusted face then whacked his hand away. "Seokjin, this ones fiesty." the guy to his right said, as if she were an animal. Seokjin touched her cheek then said in a flirty tone, "What's your name." Alice hit his hand away again which made Seokjin hold her wrist. "I only asked for a name. Why are you being like this?" He said, moving his face closer to hers. The other guys and girls just watched--like puppets

    "Y-yah!" Alice exclaimed, unable to move away. She tried to break free with her other hand but he holds onto it forcefully. She closes her eyes, not wanting to see what would happen until she felt him rip away from her. When she opened her eyes she sees Hansol holding Seokjin by his collar, barely with his feet on the floor. Hansol threw him onto the ground then said angrily, "If you try anything--ANYTHING with Alice! You will regret it, believe me you will." Seokjin's group backed off then sat at a far corner away from Hansol. Alice just stands where she was unable to move or speak, then Hansol looked over to her direction and pushes her head away with his hand. "I told you to find the classroom on your own, and you get into trouble already?" he said, a bit annoyed. "Thanks Oppa..." She says, her voice slightly fading away. Hansol doesn't answer instead he sits on a nearby desk. "Seeing these people act like this is terrible. They take advantage just because they're in an elite school, it pisses me off." he complains to himself. A few minutes later the whole class joins together along with the new home room teacher. After getting the basic steps in the school, over the intercom a woman says. "The school opening ceremony will take place in the auditorium at 8:30." Alice turns over to the guy from earlier who was hit by paper, finally learning his name: Seunggwan, who recently moved from Hanzhou, China. 

    When it was finally 8:30 the class was lead through a tight hallway with other first years. "Yah stay by me or you might run into that one guy." Hansol says, pulling Alice's arm to him. "Yah yah! Aigoo." She whines. "Gosh your such a drama queen, all I did was grab your arm, stop trying to make a scene!" He says. Across from them Alice sees Seuggwan standing alone but with Seokjin and his group messing with him. "Oppa I'll be right back." She says and leaves without Hansol noticing. As she approaches Seunggwan she pushes Seokjin out of the way and quickly grabs Seuggwan's hand, rushing away to avoid any conflict from Seokjin. She gets back to Hansol just in time before ever knowing she was gone from his side but is still holding onto Seuggwan's hand. Seuggwan just stands quietly, looking away from her and shaking a bit. Alice pulls her hand away then wipes it on her skirt. "Sorry, it's sweaty." She says then hold onto his hand again. Seuggwan blushes, it felt like the first time he ever held hands with a girl. He tries to separate his hand from her but she says, "Aniya, if I let go you might walk away somewhere else, then those guys will go back to messing with you." Seuggwan stays quiet and does what she says--not that he minded or anything. Hansol stares at Seuggwan for a while, finally realizing he was there, then looks away when the crowd began to move to the Auditorium.

     Once they reach the Auditorium entrance, a familiar voice is heard. "Alice!" Alice turns to the voice to see her longtime bestfriend MinJung, who was walking towards her. "Yah why didn't I see you in class?" Alice asked. MinJung smirked then said, "The school-board took a longggggg time recieving my transcript for some reason so I spent most of my time in the office." MinJung then turns her attention to Seuggwan, who still had his hand in Alice's then made an odd face at her. "Am I...interupting something?" she asks. Seunggwan's face turns into the color of a cherry tomato as Alice says, "Oh no, just kind of--well he's a friend." MinJung nods her head then Hansol greets her, "Hey MinJung, how long has it--" "Yeah, hi sure whatever." she said, irritatedly. Something happened between them in the past but...nobody had a clue. People were being seated inside so the four sit down with each other. When everyone became quiet, the ceremony began...