If it isn't love...

Just My Luck

Seohyun and Yoona walked side by side, holding each other’s hands. The cold but gentle breeze brushed past them in a small caress that made their cheeks tickle. They heard a whistle behind them that caused them to turn away from the direction they were heading to and look back over their shoulders. Standing by the parked limousine, Dongwan waved at their direction with a wide smile before using his hand to imitate a cellphone, reminding them to call him whenever their beach date was done. They both nodded their heads and waved back at him before he bowed, got into the limo and took off.

Seohyun squeezed Yoona’s hand as they turned their heads to face each other, resuming their walk towards the beach. Covered in thick coats because of the winter weather and almost wearing no make-up at all, both girls were still glowing. The spark in their eyes could make any brokenhearted person believe in love again. Because if love wasn’t the feeling that they were both expressing through the windows to their souls, then what was it? No one could ever answer that. It was just love; pure love and adoration.

“Do you think he’s jealous that your umma is staying in the hospital with your appa all day?” Seohyun asked in a chuckle, shaking her head slightly. Yoona made a vague gesture before giggling along and wrapping her arm around Seohyun’s shoulders. The latter wrapped her arm around Yoona’s waist and rested her head on her shoulder, breathing in her scent. Every time she did that, she concluded that there wasn’t anything more exquisite and delicious than Yoona’s scent.

“I don’t think he is, at least not in a romantic way. He’s used to it just being him and my umma, so if you add appa to the equation he might feel a bit uncomfortable.” Yoona reasoned before kissing the top of Seohyun’s head. The maknae’s heart fluttered before she nodded her head and lifted it from Yoona’s shoulder, pecking her cheek afterwards.

“Maybe you were right after all and they will get back together.” Yoona pursed her lips and stared into Seohyun’s eyes intently, watching her own reflection in them.

“I’d like that… but I’m happy knowing I have them both now.” The doe-eyed girl said before she leaned in and pressed her lips to Seohyun’s, using the arm she had around her girlfriend’s shoulders to slowly pull her closer to her. They were thankful that the beach was pretty much empty, giving them enough confidence to show their love fearlessly; most people didn’t enjoy going to the beach on winter time, especially the uptight people from Damyang. This time Yoona didn’t bother in criticizing the mentality of the people from her hometown, but thanked them for letting she and her lover have the beach all to themselves. Yoona pulled away slowly before she brought her free hand to Seohyun’s chin, tracing the maknae’s full bottom lip with her thumb. Seohyun kissed Yoona’s thumb tenderly before opening her eyes and staring into Yoona’s, the butterflies in both their stomachs turning into big hummingbirds. As Yoona pulled away completely, she smiled at Seohyun and tugged her hand, leading her towards the shore.

“Do you know why I brought you here?” Yoona asked, biting her bottom lip. Seohyun made a pensive expression as she narrowed her eyes and furrowed her nose cutely, making Yoona want to squeal because she absolutely had the cutest and most adorable girlfriend in the world.

“Actually, no I don’t. So Im Yoona, why did you bring me to a beach in this 10 degree Celsius weather?” Seohyun asked through a laugh. Yoona poked Seohyun’s side playfully before she sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

“It’s actually 13 degrees Celsius according to my phone, but who cares? It’s still cold.” Yoona joked before turning serious. “I brought you here because this is one of my favorite places here in Damyang. I used to come here all by myself all the time, always on my own. Appa didn’t have enough time to come with me and my only friend was Taecyeon. He never came with me because he didn’t want us to keep getting teased about being together. Neither did I, as you might know.” Yoona grimaced. Seohyun listened attentively and nodded her head, encouraging Yoona to continue. “Anyways, I used to sit by the shore and watch the waves come and go, and just think. Think about all the things that were going on in my life and how alone I felt. I always wondered if there would be someone who would understand me and love me for who I am… The hope that I would find that person is what kept me going all these years, until I could finally breakaway.” Yoona smiled widely and looked away from Seohyun’s eyes for a moment. Seohyun’s free hand went to the deer’s arm, rubbing it up and down in a comforting motion. The young musician always knew how to express her support and love, even when she didn’t say a word.

“So this was your escape?” Yoona nodded her head, feeling how tears slightly stung the back of her eyes. She knew she wasn’t gonna let them fall; the happiness in her heart was so big that the bad memories could never overwhelm them.

“Yes, I guess you could look at it like that. I guess my hopes weren’t in vain, because I found the perfect person for me; you. You’re perfect.” Seohyun blushed and quickly cupped Yoona’s face, turning it so they could kiss. Yoona immediately returned the chaste kiss, smiling against her girlfriend’s lips and nibbling on her bottom lip. Seohyun sighed at the feeling and caressed Yoona’s cheeks with her thumbs. “You didn’t let me finish.” Yoona whispered, slightly out of breath as she pulled away from Seohyun’s lips, making the latter giggle softly.

“How am I supposed to let you keep talking, Yoongie? You make my heartbeat crazy with every word you say…” Seohyun giggled, shaking her head slightly. Yoona lifted one of her hands and began playing with Seohyun’s soft hair, blushing slightly at the effect she was having on her girlfriend.

“You make my heartbeat crazy just by being close to me. That’s fair enough, right?” Yoona gave Seohyun a flirty smile. The older girl took off one of the thick coats she was wearing, remaining only with her hoodie and a scarf, and extended the piece of clothing on the sand, making a spot that was big enough for her and Seohyun. “Let’s sit.”

“You really want to catch a cold, don’t you?” Seohyun crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow at Yoona and shaking her head. The older girl sat down and opened her legs, patting the spot between them and pouting.

“Please, Hyunnie… I’m tired of getting scolded.” The deer whined, instantly melting Seohyun’s heart. The latter couldn’t stick to her attitude as she giggled softly and rolled her eyes with a smile before complying with Yoona’s tempting request. She sat in between Yoona’s legs, with her back to her. Yoona immediately wrapped her arms around Seohyun and rested her head on her shoulder, sighing contentedly. Yoona rested her back on Yoona, closing her eyes and savoring the closeness they were now sharing. “Thank you, baby.” Yoona whispered into Seohyun’s ear before kissing her shoulder.

“Well, the offer was too tempting, and you know I can’t resist your aegyo.” Seohyun whispered with a laugh.

“Jinjja? My Hyunnie likes my aegyo?” Yoona whispered in a cute voice, her hands going to Seohyun’s sides and tickling her softly. Seohyun laughed loudly and blushed, trying to escape Yoona’s tickling. The latter laughed along and stopped her twitching hands, hugging Seohyun even closer to her. “Seohyun-ah, saranghaeyo!” Yoona exclaimed in her aegyo voice before she leaned in over Seohyun’s shoulder and kissed her cheek. Seohyun’s heart fluttered and her smile couldn’t get bigger. Those kinds of moments with Yoona always renewed her and made her feel on top of the world. Even before they became a couple, they had always been playful with each other. Their relationship wasn’t all hugs and kisses all the time (though it was most of it) and that was something they were both comfortable and happy with.

“Yes, your Hyunnie loves your aegyo.” Seohyun surprised Yoona by turning her head to meet Yoona’s eyes and speaking on her own aegyo voice. Yoona smiled even widely and nuzzled Seohyun’s cheek softly, making Seohyun close her eyes and giggle. She had always hated the sound of her aegyo voice, but she knew Yoona loved it and that was more than enough of a reason for her to use her cute tone once in a while. “We’re so silly, Yoongie…” Seohyun said, still blushing and face palming herself.

“We are, but I don’t necessarily have a problem with that…” Yoona trailed off, pulling away from Seohyun’s cheek and resting her chin back on her shoulder, slightly rocking them back and forth. A few minutes of comfortable silence passed between them, the only sound accompanying was that of the waves reaching the shore. “Do you want to go back to Seoul already?” The doe-eyed girl asked casually.

“I can’t believe our weekend here will be over. It felt good to be away from all the noise of the city.” Seohyun whispered before closing her eyes and leaning back against Yoona.

“You’re right. This has been like a honeymoon, huh?” Yoona whispered with a devious smile, making Seohyun blush profusely, her mind invaded by the memories of their first time making love. “Though I’d like to go to a prettier place for my honeymoon. Damyang is so not what I’d have in mind.” Yoona chuckled, shaking her head. Seohyun suddenly snapped her fingers and opened her eyes. “What is it?” The doe-eyed girl asked, slightly taken aback by Seohyun’s actions.

“Yuri-unnie’s and Tiffany-unnie’s wedding is coming soon! They gave me the invitation but with all the suddenness of this trip, I forgot to show it to you…” Seohyun said. Yoona nodded her head and furrowed her brows.

“True… When is it, then?” Yoona asked. Seohyun grimaced and bit her bottom lip.

“In two weeks. And we haven’t even bought our dresses… I think we’re gonna be maids of honor and all.” Seohyun whispered, mentally scolding herself for not reading the invitation more thoroughly.

“Don’t worry about it, baby. We’re going back to Seoul tomorrow, we still have time.” Yoona waved her hand dismissively and shrugged her shoulders, already sensing Seohyun was going to get stressed out. The latter sighed and nodded her head, dropping some of the consternation she had about not having responded to her responsibilities sooner.

“You know, Yoongie… in a little while… I could see me walk down the aisle…” Seohyun whispered quietly, averting her eyes from Yoona’s. The latter’s heart skipped a few beats as she cupped Seohyun’s cheek and made their eyes meet again.

“A-Are you serious?” Yoona asked breathlessly, looking into Seohyun’s chocolate eyes, which were flashing with love and excitement. The maknae couldn’t trust her voice as she only nodded her head, giving Yoona a breathtaking smile. “Oh, Hyunnie…” Yoona exhaled as she wrapped her arms around Seohyun’s shoulders and brought her in for a tight hug, caressing her soft hair. Seohyun buried her face on Yoona’s shoulder as she hugged back, enjoying the feeling of Yoona’s fingers going over her scalp. “You have no idea of how happy it makes me to hear that…” Yoona whispered into Seohyun’s ear, smiling widely and trying to keep her voice from breaking.

“I love you, Yoona. You’ve made me feel like no one else had ever made me feel… I want this for the rest of my life.” Seohyun whispered back fearlessly. Yoona’s heartbeat accelerated and her breath caught at her girlfriend’s words. The happiness that was filling her in that moment couldn’t be compared to anything else in the world.

“I love you too… What I’ve done for you is nothing in comparison to all you’ve done for me… You saved me, baby. You’re my hero.” The deer whispered zealously, holding Seohyun impossibly closer to her. There was literally no space between them whatsoever. Yoona pulled away slightly only so she could lean in again and kiss Seohyun. The older girl Seohyun’s bottom lip, wanting desperately to deepen the liplock. The latter complied immediately as she opened for Yoona, their tongues joining in an intimate dance. The kiss felt wonderful; it evoked all the passion, love and gratitude the girls felt for one another. There were absolutely no words to describe the feeling it gave. Seohyun wrapped her arms around Yoona’s neck, playing with her hair as Yoona’s hands roamed all over her back. Before the kiss could get too heated, Yoona abruptly pulled away. The maknae opened her eyes, slightly taken aback. Yoona wasn’t the one to pull away from an open mouthed kiss just like that.

“Hyunnie, I want you to meet appa today.” Yoona said, panting for breath. Seohyun widened her eyes and snapped out of the trance that the kiss had left on her. She was definitely not expecting that. “I want the two people I love the most to finally meet.”

“B-But what if he doesn’t like me?” Seohyun asked in a panicky voice, unwrapping her arms from around Yoona and fiddling with her hands nervously. Yoona chuckled lowly and reached for Seohyun’s hand, holding it and drawing circles on her wrist with her thumb

“Are you kidding me? He’ll love you. He already knows how happy you make me and all you’ve done for me.” Yoona reassured, instantly comforting the slightly uneasy Seohyun.

“I’m still worried… Yoongie, you know I’m not the best at meeting people for the first time. Do you promise you’ll be there with us?” Seohyun asked vulnerably, holding onto Yoona’s hand. The latter smiled before leaning in and kissing Seohyun’s forehead.

“Of course I promise. I want to laugh at how awkward it’ll be at first.” Yoona said with an alligator laugh, causing Seohyun to punch her shoulder slightly.

“Yoongie!” Seohyun whined, face palming herself and blushing furiously at Yoona’s teasing. The doe-eyed girl kissed the tip of her girlfriend’s nose tenderly before pinching her cheeks softly.

“I’m sorry, baby, I just had to.” The deer let her laughter died down as she stared deeply into Seohyun’s eyes. “So, do you agree to meet him?”

“Of course I do.”

The two girls walked silently side by side along the quiet hallway. A familiar nurse who walked by offered Yoona a smile, one that let Yoona know that her father was doing better. Maybe having the love of his life by his side after all these years was really helping him heal, Yoona thought. Seohyun, on the other hand, couldn’t help but drag her feet and stare down at them as she walked, caught up by the nervousness that this visit caused her. This was the first time she’d see Mr. Im, and also the time when she’d meet such an important figure in Yoona’s life. This was one of those times when she really wished she could be more sociable and less awkward in social situations.  

“Relax, Hyunnie. He’s just a normal person. And he wants to meet you very much.” Yoona placed her hand on Seohyun’s shoulder, rubbing it comfortingly. Seohyun stopped walking when she realized they had reached Mr. Im’s hospital room. “Umma just left, so it’ll be just the three of us.”

“What if I say something I’m not supposed to say?” Seohyun asked, giving Yoona a pained expression in her gorgeous features. Yoona chuckled and shook her head, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly.

“He and I always say things we aren’t supposed to say, so what’s the big deal?” The older girl assured. Seohyun nodded her head and breathed in and out softly to calm herself. “You’ve got this, baby. He already likes you, I mean, who wouldn’t?” Yoona complimented, giving Seohyun a wink. The latter blushed and looked away, giggling.

“Why do you always have to make me blush in the most inconvenient moments?” Seohyun asked. The deer just laughed before smiling warmly at her flustered girlfriend.

“Because you need to loosen up. Let’s just do this already.” Yoona held Seohyun’s hand as she opened the room’s door with her free hand, letting both her and Seohyun in. They found Mr. Im sitting on his hospital bed, mindlessly watching TV. Upon seeing Yoona and deducing that the pretty young lady that had come in next to her was Seohyun, Mr. Im’s features lit up into a wide smile. Yoona hurried to his bedside and gave him a hug, being careful of not squeezing him too hard. He looked considerably better than the day before, and she couldn’t be gladder. As she pulled away from him, she reached for Seohyun, who had been standing by the side and watching the scene with a warm smile on her face.

“Appa, this is Seo Joohyun. Most people call her Seohyun. She’s my girlfriend.” Yoona said proudly, smiling and looking back and forth between the younger girl and her father. Seohyun bowed respectfully and smiled; Mr. Im inspired confidence in her, especially since he had a certain resemblance to Yoona that she couldn’t ignore.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Im. Yoona has told me many things about you… I just want to say that I really admire you. And I thank you for being such a strong figure in Yoona’s life.” Seohyun said cleverly yet genuinely, the look in her eyes giving away just how much she meant her words. Mr. Im looked at Yoona and then back at Seohyun, giving her an obvious smile of approval.

“Those are very kind words, Joohyun-ssi. I also want to thank you, for taking care of my daughter and helping her so much. I have no way of thanking you enough.” Mr. Im opened his arms for Seohyun, surprising her a little. “A simple bow won’t do. You are a part of my family now.” Mr. Im smiled, nodding his head. Yoona watched in amazement as Seohyun shyly stepped forward and leaned down, hugging Mr. Im softly. It almost caused tears to run down her cheeks; it was the most beautiful scene she had ever seen in her entire life. Mr. Im rubbed Seohyun’s arms in a fatherly manner as she pulled away before she stood up straight.

“Ouch!” Mr. Im exclaimed, jumping slightly on his sitting position. Both Yoona and Seohyun were startled. “It’s just my IV.” Mr. Im explained in a pained voice, pointing towards Seohyun’s waist. The auxiliary clamp of his IV had gotten stuck on Seohyun’s belt as the maknae stood up. The latter blushed profusely and smiled sheepishly as she carefully disentangled the medical device from her belt and Mr. Im sighed as the pressure on his arm was relieved. Seohyun bowed apologetically before turning to Yoona, who had her hand over , trying hard to hold in laughter at the adorably awkward and clumsy situation that had just happened. Seohyun and Mr. Im found each other laughing along with her, admitting that the situation had been, in fact, quite hilarious. But then again, Yoona turned every situation into an enjoyable one, and Seohyun just couldn’t be more thankful.


A/N: Alright, guys… First of all, I wanna wish you happy belated holidays and I hope that you guys enjoyed them with your family and friends by your side. Thankfully for me, I managed to finish 2013 awesomely, I can’t complain at all of this past year. This 2014 though, started not so awesomely for the reasons that you already know X.X

So what I want to say to loyalists is this:

It caught me a lot by surprise and made me sad to know that Yoona is dating Lee Seung Gi, I’m not gonna lie. Yoonhyun is my OTP and they’ve accompanied me through a lot of moments these past couple of years, making my dull life much better than it was before. I feel comfortable and accepted in the Yoonhyun fandom, sentiments I’ve yearned to feel in real life, even when I’m around my friends. So what hurts me more than to know that Yoona is dating someone that isn’t Seohyun, is that loyalists seem discouraged and seem to have given up on Yoonhyun. We should support Yoona; if there’s one thing I know, is that I want all the SNSD girls to be successful and happy in their relationships, no matter who they date. I hope Yoona can enjoy and learn about herself all through this relationship, and when it’s over, I’d like her to remember it with a smile. We must not forget that she and Seohyun are childhood friends, so Hyunnie still knows Yoona better than Lee Seung Gi does. Remember when Jonghyun from Shinee dated Shin Sekyung? Jongkey shippers were sad, but they never lost faith in their OTP. When Jjong and Sekyung broke up, Jongkey moments became even more frequent than they were before. So please, as a loyalist, I ask you to not forget the beauty of every moment Yoonhyun have ever shared, Hyunnie’s laughter whenever Yoona does something funny for her, Yoona’s warm smile whenever Seohyun gets teased by their unnies yet doesn’t lose her temper... That’s what brought us here, isn’t it? I don’t think Lee Seung Gi can take that away. I think the one we should be worried about is Sooyoung. I saw Jung Kyung Ho in Radio Star talking about his anger and his temper and the guy really creeps me out. And all the lies he said about the person he was dating on variety shows were absolutely unasked for, so I doubt he was really trying to protect Sooyoung’s image. There must be a reason why SM kept denying their relationship until they saw they had no choice but to admit it, right?

Anyways, next chapter will be the last, and don’t worry, I won’t give up on Yoonhyun; I want to continue writing about them forever. Since this will be my first year of university, I might not be able to write many long fics, but I’ll always be willing to write one/two-shots of not only Yoonhyun, but different pairings. And if you want some more Yoonhyun goodness, check out my one-shot “Yuri’s Gift” *blush* I hope you guys like it, and thank you so much for reading and commenting till now! You readers are completely amazing! <3