Same world, Another life

MATO CITY

`Sugargrl14© at Deviantart

Same as they were used to, they stayed up until late around the fire. They all missed the city they had never exit more than a day before. Fortunately they were here to support each other. If it had been for them only, they would have stayed until the sun rise up. That was until John arrived, he didn’t mind the others, but he didn’t want Youngjae to stay up like this. They needed him to be in good shape. The only one remaining was Jongup. Being the one to light up the fire, he had to ensure it wouldn’t remain a bit of it, and settle fire in the camp, or even worst to the forest. Everybody was already asleep when Junhong approached the soon died fire. He sat next the guard boy and let his head fall on the other’s shoulder exhausted from all his cries.

“Junhong…” Jongup whispered watching around nervously.

“Everyone is sleeping…” the young mage pleaded the other with his broken voice.

“What if someone wakes up?” the other frowned scolding him slightly.

“… sorry” Junhong stood up and joined the royal’s tent, and the Prince in his bed as they were used to do since the very first day Himchan took the poor boy with him.


 

The Day after.

After they tied up everything, they started walking. As the previous day, the sun was burning and there were fewer trees to shadow them. Youngjae wiped his sweating forehead and put his hand above his eyes watching up to the sky in hope he would perceive some clouds. The sky was blue, and the sun so hot, suddenly something came above his head, blocking the sun to make him sweat more. He blinked a few times and recognized John’s paw-hand. “You’re not hot?” he asked seeing the other had still his big coat.

“I’m fine.” John groaned or smiled, the young peasant had hard time to guess which one it really was, he was too hot to think.

“I thought werewolf transformed only when it was full moon?” the ignorant boy asked and John chuckled.

“Yeah, like this we can hang out freely once a month at night without hiding ourselves.

The other nights, people think they're bears or something like that...” Pan who was always eavesdropping conversations added, standing now at Youngjae's side.

“Seriously... do I look like a bear?” the wolf sighed.

“I think yes.” Pan laughed passing his arm around Youngjae's shoulder, an arm that John slapped away as soon as it had reach the boy's skin. Instead he put his own paw on the boy's shoulder and pushed him on his other side, away from the satyr. “Great, a second watchdog.” The werewolf growled answering the satyr and they started fighting, Pan obviously loosing it.

“Stop fighting you two” Youngjae asked knowing it wouldn't do big difference, and wondered if they even would hear him as his voice was so weak. But to his greatest surprise the two did stopped and while one left to the head of the cortege, the other went to the end of it. Youngjae stayed dumbfounded and Daehyun who had witnessed everything -never leaving his best friend out his oversight- approached him.

“What did you told them?” He chuckled.

“Nothing... just to stop fighting.” Daehyun followed Youngjae's eyes and watched the two wondering what they had in their mind.

“Well... who would know you could be that persuasive.” He laughed. The priest boy did felt something was going on between the two, as if they were fighting to have the peasant boy for them, unfortunately for the creatures, Youngjae was Daehyun's since they did their pacts and Daehyun felt glad he did it. Youngjae laughed along with his best friend, but not from all his heart. The situation was a bit too creepy for him.


 

As always, the night came and they established their camp, never wanting to walk into the night. Youngjae managed to escape all the creepy creatures and even his friends, he needed some times alone which he hadn't had since their departure. He was leaning in the forest, not too far from the camp though. He was enough far to be at peace and enough near to hear others' voices. He was still thinking about the creepy situation from earlier. It was as if he had some powers on the creatures. A power he wasn't aware of and of course didn't know how to control it. So he really wasn't a normal human? What was he?

He was leaning on his back, enjoying the fresh air the shadow of the trees procured him when he felt someone, or something watching him. He could still hear others working on the camp, so if he ever needed help he could still scream for help. He turned slowly his head and right next it was a tiny girl. He slowly upturned and leaned on his stomach to watch her amazed. She was really cute, and very beautiful, not bigger than his finger and he wanted to compare. He approached his hand to her but she ran... she flied away and he followed her with his eyes. He had been too absorbed by her face, he hadn't notice the wings in her back.

“What are you doing?”

Youngjae turned his head back in front him, he had still his hand reaching, but where it aimed the girl before was now aiming to a foot. He watched up and saw Daehyun who was raising an eyebrow at him.

There was a tiny girl with wings

...

– You don't believe me...” Youngjae sulked sitting up. Daehyun chuckled and sat next him, passing his arm on his shoulders.

A fairy

– ...so that's what a fairy look like...”

Daehyun nodded smiling along with his best friend, Youngjae was type to be easily scared but he was mainly a curious boy who liked to discover new things. It was just pure happiness to see how he was when he discovered something, and Daehyun was proud to be the one to show it to him.

Was it the first time you saw a fairy?”

Youngjae turned his head in every sense searching from where the voice was coming from when something fall from the tree above his head to lean on his knee. It was sleeve, but soon it disappear to let place to a tiny man who look like the fairy but he hadn't any wings, his ears were-

He hadn't the time to further his observation as the tiny man had disappeared from his knee. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!” He turned shocked to Daehyun who had flicked him.

I don't like pixies. Fairies have their utilities or at least they're cute, but pixies are useless.

– You'll see if we're useless!” Youngjae hadn't the time to answer the priest boy, the pixie was already running into Daehyun, who was too big for him, and felt nothing. He grabbed the pixie between his forefinger and thumb, holding him in the air in front his face. The pixie felt dizzy, he wasn't used to be manhandled and to be honest, the boy in front him scared him. More now he had his life between not even his hands, but between his fingers.

At least, I heard it was delicious, I never tasted it, you want?” Daehyun reached the pixie toward Youngjae's mouth.

You're joking right?” The peasant boy watched his friend stunned, he started to have some doubts about the other's sense of humor.

As you wish” Daehyun opened his mouth and was about to eat the pixie -which was struggling with all his strength- but Youngjae stopped him.

STOP! You're not about eat him!” He shook his best friend by his shoulder, hoping he was actually kidding. The pixie was beyond scared now.

Why not?” Daehyun watched the other wondering why he was making an affair of that, and he watched back the pixie in his hold. “Didn't you wanted to show me something?” he shook the pixie.

Daehyun! Stop manhandling him like this!

– If I release you from that height you'll die, won't you?” The pixie started crying, and Daehyun ignoring the boy next him complains, he released it but Youngjae managed to catch him.

Are you mad?!” The peasant boy couldn't believe his friend actually did something like that.

We can't trust pixies.” The priest boy frowned to him.

That's not a reason to treat him like that!” Youngjae put down the pixie on his other side so Daehyun wouldn't be able to reach it, and he watched him run away before turning back to his friend. “I didn't thought you were like this...

– You shouldn't have done that.” Daehyun simply answered standing up and left to join back the camp, he knew it was no use to talk with the ignorant boy for the moment as he was upset after him. One day he would understand how pixies were...

At the moment Youngjae felt more than disgusted by Daehyun's behavior. He stayed alone in his corner until it was time to go sleep. Entering the tent they didn't exchanged a word and leaned in their respective beds. Usually, they would talk until falling asleep or just cuddle until one of the two fall asleep -who was more Youngjae than Daehyun-.


 

Everybody was sleeping, it was the middle of the night when someone entered Youngjae and Daehyun's tent.

Stop that! It's not a good idea!!” One of the two tried to stop the other.

Did I asked you your opinion? No!” He pushed the girl and walk toward Daehyun's bed. The pixie was about to send his spell when the fairy jumped on him.

No!” Too late, the pixie already sand his spell but the fairy managed to move his arm at the last moment, deflecting it. She sighed in relief. “You silly!

– Leave me alone! I'll make him same height as me and we'll have a little talk together!

– Shh” the fairy put her hand on the other's mouth and turned round toward the sound. There was another bed next the villain boy's one. It was actually the nice boy one's. Something was moving under the blanket and a tiny Youngjae came out. They watched him amazed and gasped at their foolishness.

It's your fault!” The pixie burst pushing the fairy before running away.

Youngjae felt dizzy, everything looked so big around him. It looked like his tent but in nth times bigger. He must be dreaming. He knew he was when he saw the fairy from earlier flying to him on his bed. “Hello~” he greeted her, now he could see her clearly at his own height, she was indeed really beautiful.

I'm sorry... my friend made you smaller...” the fairy was shaking afraid of the reaction of the other. Youngjae feeling more dizzy than earlier fall on something really smooth... His bed... which look like a big plain, as big as Mato's fields.

What happened to me?” He wasn't scared -surely due to his headache- but he felt lost, not ceding to the panic... not yet.

I... I told you it was m-my friend...” the fairy blushed watching the other in his eyes, earlier she had already could admire the other's figure, being like attracted to him. She found him really handsome, and inner herself she felt like he was the one. “He wanted to spell your friend to fight with him but I stopped him... and the spell touched you instead... I'm so sorry!” She started to cry and Youngjae stood up -the best he could in the smooth floor which were swallowing his feet. He patted her shoulder.

Hmm... it's okay... I guess. Thank you for protecting my friend.” He smiled to the fairy, maybe that was the reason which allowed him to not panic, he liked more things to happen to him rather than to his ...friend. “You just have to give me my normal height back.” He smiled warmly to the fairy who cried harder.

I don't know how to do that, I cant do it!! And the pixie ran away!!”

Now Youngjae really was on the edge to panic.

That's how pixies were and Youngjae finally understood what Daehyun had meant... but too late.

2042 words