You're the only one for me... and you... and you...

MATO CITY

Images credit © Deviantart

A danger. He knew the young mage was hiding something to him, something big, really big. And now he knew it has something to do with Youngjae. Never he would have guess the peasant boy to be that important (even if he didn't know why Youngjae was that important, he had felt he simply was). That's it. The only thing Yongguk had discovered when the young mage had been in his mind. He kept thinking about it. Junhong needed his help. Youngjae needed his help. The only thing he didn't know was how he could help them. He will have to stay by their side, to keep an eye on them. And mostly on Junhong...or maybe should he focus on Youngjae ? He shot a glance to the peasant boy, on the way he caught Daehyun's eyes on him. That's how he decided himself. He watched Junhong. The boy will be under his protection, even if for the moment he seemed to be stronger than him, he knew he had to protect him.

He will have to ask Himchan things he needed to know about the mage. “I have to talk to Himchan, keep leading.” He ordered the boy before leaving for the end of the convey after the mage nodded. “Where is Himchan ?” He asked to the guard boy.

“I don't know...” Jongup turned round, “...he was behind us a moment ago.

EVERYONE STOP ! THE PRINCE DISAPPEARED !! EVERYONE SEARCH HIM !!

This way !” The elf came next Yongguk and made her horse full galloped the way Himchan left to. Yongguk and all the men followed them.

In the midst of all the men, Youngjae grabbed his sword, he just needed a contact of few seconds with Hermes, and he jumped on his back. In an instant they had caught back the first boys. “What you told him again ?” Youngjae burst after Jongup.

“Nothing ! … and I apologized !!

If you apologized means you did something wrong !

Yeah ! I told him to shut his mouth!

You Dumb!

you!

Shh” Yongguk shushed them as they slowed. They approached a river and they heard laughs. Yongguk was first with the elf by his side, followed closely by Youngjae. Jongup was a little off, still pissed off from his quarrel with the peasant boy. Slowly they got near the laughs and they saw them.

“Looks like you all freaked out for nothing.” Jongup commented annoyed, “your princess found his friends.” He left and they all stew their weapons coming near the Prince and the girl next him. As soon as she saw all people, the girl disappeared into bubbles. That's when the soldiers started to asked :

“Why is Jongup like this with the Prince ?

He never was...before he went to the Castle...

He only used to be like this with one person...”

They all watched the Prince wondering. The girl reappeared next the Prince leaning on a tree and started to remove his mask. He stopped her and the girl smiled to him, to reassure him.

“It's time to tell your men...Himchan.” The elf said.

“HIMCHAN ?!!” All the men burst and the ones who were in the back tried their best to see him.

The girl removed the mask and Himchan's tearful face was viewable for everyone. The men felt as weird as Yongguk when he discovered it, and even more as they were watching the Prince crying. They were used to see Himchan in that state (each time he argued with Jongup) but not a Royal. “Er...Majest-Him...how do we have to call you ?”

“...just call me Himchan...”

All the men nodded and a heavy silence settled down as they didn't know what to say to cheer up the crying boy. “We're all tired, we'll make a break here for the night.” Yongguk said before he approached his friend once he gave all his men all instructions they needed to follow to establish the encampment. He put a hand on his shoulder and shook him a little for his friend to regain his senses. “Chan...

I didn't want them to see their Prince like this... I'm such a failure...

You're not.

It gave them confidence and they were more courageous having the Prince with them... Himchan isn't any use or inspiration for them.

– It's false.” One of the young soldier who had come to ask Yongguk something, commented. The two friends watch the boy putting a knee on the ground and bowing to Himchan. “You're still our Prince and I'm ready to die for you.” One by one, all the men came kneel in front Himchan. “Well, of course it's weird...” the boy continued, “but I like it.

You like it ?” Himchan started whipping his tears, the bubble girl continued and caressed his face when there were no more tears to whip.

Yeah...like...we know you since forever, and...that means we're near to the Prince. Everyone in the City is...

– What a great Royal we have !” Another man said.

Guess others are so jealous of you !” and another man joked.

Everyone love the Prince and of course everyone -except one weirdo- love the Doctor's son.

– You're far from to be a failure.”

One by one, each one of the men said what they had on their heart and what they thought of their Prince. How proud they were of him. Himchan cried again. But this time, it was from happiness. He smiled weakly to his men, and the bubble girl cry too.


 

While this time, on another place in the camp, Youngjae was amazed by that girl transforming into tree. He approached her. He tilt his head and the girl did the same giggling. He smiled and she imitated him. He observed her from head to toe. Her body was ending in the ground, her legs were a tree trunk.

They're beautiful aren't they ?” Daehyun commented coming next his friend.

Yes...what are they ?

– Nymphs. Deities of Nature.”

Daehyun frowned watching his best friend hypnotized by the tree nymph, Youngjae lifted his hand to caress her cheek. Her skin looked smoothed and it was soft under his touches. The nymph giggled when Youngjae lifted his other hand to cup her face. She put her hands on his and leaned forward, closing her lips into a 'o' asking for a kiss. Youngjae wasn't thinking anymore, amazed by the beauty of the nature girl. Youngjae always loved nature and here was a good occasion for him to show it.

Beware. Where there's a nymph, her playboy isn't far.” Daehyun mumbled grumpy.

Playboy ?” Youngjae snapped out his reverie and watched his friend. Daehyun wasn't watching him but something behind him. Slowly, Youngjae turned round (still his hands cupping the nymph's face) and he saw someone approaching them. He took back his hands and noticed the man wasn't actually one. The newcomer's legs were one of a goat and he had goat's horns on his head. The brown goatee he was wearing outbid his playboy attitude. Youngjae watched him walking to the nymph who laughed transforming completely into a tree when he tried to touch her face.

The man chuckled, “they're really shy...” and he turned to Youngjae. “You're lucky she let you touch her,” the two boys could clearly felt the jealousy filling his voice.

I...I'm sorry.” Youngjae didn't knew why but he excused himself. The goat man titled his hand and approached his face to Youngjae's one. He plunged his eyes into the boy's eyes and Youngjae wondered if he too, could read his mind. That was now the first question he asked himself before 'What is that creature ?' each time he met a new one.

What are you ?

– Huh ?” Youngjae didn't really understand the question. He should be the one to ask that...

I never met a creature like you,” the goat man said suspiciously.

I...I'm human !

– And ? Mi-human mi-what ?

– And...nothing. I'm a mere human.

– I don't think so... never one of my girl would let a mere human touch her.

One did with Himchan...” Youngjae defended himself.

He's royal blood, you're not. That's why I said : never one of my girl would let a mere human touch her.

– I...” Youngjae searched a reason as to why the tree girl let him touch her, “...seems like she made an except-

– Never.” The jealous creature cut him and grabbed him by his chin as if it would help him to judge him better. Daehyun pushed the goat man making him release Youngjae. He frowned to him grabbing slowly his sword. The creature smirked to him.

You want to fight me ?

– Touch him one time again, and I swear I'll make goat cheese from you.” Youngjae grabbed Daehyun's hand before he took out his sword.

What are you saying ?!” He mouthed to him even if the blonde boy wasn't watching him, he didn't want to fight against a magic creature. He knew he would at one time or another, but if he could delayed the moment, and the creature...

The goat man laughed watching the boy trying to stop his friend and watched a newcomer walking to them. “AH! Someone to who I can talk!” He walked to the newcomer and hugged him. Junhong let the creature acted as he wished.

You know each other ?” Youngjae asked him surprised.

Not, but...just feel like,” Junhong explained, he was a mage after all so it was normal he had some bounds with a few magic creatures. While they talked, the goat man glared to Daehyun.

You don't tell me to not touch him ?”

Daehyun had a movement, he was ready to fight but here again Youngjae stopped him.

Daehyun, let's not make enemy with every magic creature we meet okay ?”

When the blonde boy heard the soft voice of his friend he calmed right away. Let out a deep sigh but nodded to him.

Oh...Daehyun ? ...and you human do you have a name too ?

– Youngjae.”

Still holding on the mage, the goat man opened wide his eyes.

You mean...Yoo Young Jae ?”

The peasant boy was shocked he (too) knew his full name. He and the creature watched the warlock wondering, not the same thing but still questioning Junhong with their eyes. The creature was the first to talk. “How did you get Yoo Young Jae with us ? What you told him ?” The young mage saw the frown on Youngjae's face and started to be ill-at-ease. That was the sort of situation he didn't like. He simply didn't answered watching away. The creature released him and bowed to Youngjae.

I'm sorry. I didn't know. My name is Pan. I'd like to shake your hand but look like your watchdog won't let me.” Within a second Daehyun took out his sword and started running after the goat man. Youngjae wanted to run after them but Junhong grabbed him by his arm.

Let them. They'll fight and it'll end by itself.

– What is he ?

– A satyr. They're...roaming in the woods or mountains, mostly watching over nymphs...er...they're...” Junhong blushed, “they're like deity of … fertility.” The mage ended his sentence almost in a whisper.

Oh...Do those two know each other ?” Youngjae tried to change subject and asked what really troubled him. Junhong shook his head.

Daehyun had some problems with a satyr when he walked the country on his way to Mato.

– I didn't know...” Youngjae felt sad as he didn't know that much about his best friend. He never told him things like what happened in his life before he arrived in Mato.

He didn't told me either...” Youngjae watched the mage surprised.

You rode his mind ?

– I couldn't help myself. The first day he arrived...he intrigued me...

– He intrigued all of us.” Youngjae said watching Daehyun beating up the satyr. He had finally grabbed him by his goat tail (which Youngjae hadn't seen when the creature was facing him) and made him fall on the ground. Then he had jumped on him and started to hit him in his face. The satyr started to be unrecognizable when Yongguk came behind the blonde boy and removed him from the poor creature.

Pan was in bad shape but still he was laughing while Daehyun walked furiously to Youngjae. A nymph appeared next the satyr and healed him. Youngjae was watching them amazed when he met the creature's eyes on him, he winked to him and the peasant boy was caught off guard. He didn't know how to react nor what to do, thankfully Daehyun reached him and grabbed his hand. He made them walk until the other side of the camp, the farthest he could from the satyr. “That jerk ! I swear I'll kill him!” He burst angrily, what he had done to the goat man didn't seem enough for him.

Why are you like this ?” Youngjae asked, he wanted to know more about Daehyun's past, but the blonde boy didn't understand the question like this.

Didn't you see how he looked at you ?! And how he touched you ? He didn't respected you at all !” Daehyun burst still worked up.

Of course, I'm a human among others.” Youngjae chuckled, and his friend watched him sadly.

But you're not any human... you're my best friend and I can't support other to ill treat you...” the peasant boy smiled to his pouting friend and hugged him.

Thank you Daehyun. I don't know what I would become without you.” Daehyun answered his hug and plunged his face in his friend's neck, immersing himself into that sent he loved.

I should be the one to say that,” his confession being a bit muffled.

OKAY ! STOP ! HOLD ON !”

The two friends watched Himchan walking to them with huge steps and separating them. He put himself between the two. “Stop this.

– Stop what ?” Daehyun tilted his head and Youngjae blushed. Himchan frowned to his flushing friend and put his fists on his hips. He faced him turning his back completely to the blonde boy.

Youngjae... you shouldn't be like this.” He scolded the young boy.

I'm sorry.” Youngjae let his head dropped, watching to his feet.

Like what ?” Daehyun asked form behind Himchan who turned to him.

And you too.

– I don't see what you're talking about.” Daehyun said as innocently as he could.

I see clear in your little game, and I won't let you play with Youngjae's heart.

– What ?” This time it was for Youngjae to ask from behind Himchan, but he didn't turn to him.

I'm sorry Mother-in-law but I'm not playing with Youngjae. I'm dead serious.” Daehyun said solemnly and Youngjae had the impression he was asking his hand to his parents.

Mother...in...law...?”

The three boys turned to Yongguk who was watching them, his eyebrows raised disconcerted by the situation. “You two, go. I need to have a talk with Himchan.” Yongguk ordered to the two younger and Daehyun got around Himchan to grab Youngjae's arm and led him to where Jongup was trying to start up a fire.

Himchan...

– Yongguk, we can't let them. This is bad, they can't be like this.

– Why can't they ?

– It's... it's simply they can't. Listen Yongguk, I have to protect Youngjae against Daehyun and-

– I think you misunderstood them Chan.

– What ?

– Daehyun is the one taking care of Youngjae.

– No, he's erting him, in a way I don't like.

– So... you don't like Youngjae being taken away from you, so you want to separate them ?

– Yes.

– Guess it's your Prince-side who's talking right now.

– Yongguk !

– Listen Himchan, Youngjae is happy with Daehyun so let them be okay ? Isn't Youngjae's happiness the more important ?

– He-

– He won't abandon you.” Himchan pouted and his best friend came pass his arm around his shoulders, they watched the peasant boy, “you should have see how he reacted earlier when he learned you disappeared, and how furious he was after Jongup.”

He did ?”

Yongguk nodded and it seemed to content Himchan. “Then... I'll trust you.” Yongguk backed hugged his friend and Himchan met Jongup's killing glare on him. He removed his friend's arms from him. Thing he never did before.

Chan ?” Yongguk worried if his friend was alright.

I'm tired, I will... go to sleep already. Night.

– Hm, night.” Yongguk felt his friend wasn't good, but if he didn't say anything was because he didn't need to know. He continued to watch him worried, and couldn't help that pinch in his heart when he saw his best friend intertwined his fingers with Junhong. He kept watching them until they entered the Royal's tent. Guess he won't be the one to sleep with the Prince tonight.

Yongguk !!”

He turned to the guard boy who was waving huge smiling to him, telling him to join him around the fire with the two other boys who were glued to each other. He sat next to Daehyun and chuckled thinking about the two boys next him, he didn't know for Daehyun but he believed Youngjae. If he didn't know the peasant boy to like girls he would imagine the two to be deep in love. Then he felt someone sitting next him, and he watched Jongup resting his head on his shoulder. Yongguk passed his arm around the boy's shoulders, sharing his blanket he had on his back with the guard boy. He didn't saw the smile that appeared on the young boy's face when he slipped his arms around his chest.

From afar, the Prince watched the four boy around the big fire which was slowly dying as the boys were too lazy (he imagined they were) to put dead wood in. Even if all his men had cheered him up, he couldn't stop to think about the guard boy. He sure really hated him, and maybe even more since he knew he was the Prince. It should have really not happen like this. That wasn't how Jongup was supposed to act toward him. “Stop ruminating... you're only hurting yourself.” Junhong said massaging the elder's shoulders.

I don't understand.

– There's nothing to understand.” Himchan knew the mage had started to lulled him. He hated it. He turned to the boy, but that was a bad idea as he met the boy's eyes. Only a smile from him and the Prince's head was empty. Empty from everything, ready to slip peacefully to dreamland. Junhong kissed the forehead of the shorten man in front him and led him to the bed. “Don't think about it... one day he'll change his mind...” Junhong lulled Himchan once they were leaning in each other arms, he wasn't sure if he was telling that for Himchan or for himself, “...but for now you need to sleep.”

3280 words