Listen the wise voices

MATO CITY

A/N : I changed the end because it didn't pleased me. It was too fast compared to all the developing I did until here. Because I like round number I restrained myself to 30 chapters + A/N chapter. But I'll surpass my maniac attitude. This story is now 33 chapters + A/N chapter. /clap clap clap/ I will let the previous chapter titles like this, because I find it funny. When I'll come back to this story after I ended it. I'll laugh when I'll remember I wanted to write only 30 chapters at first. (and maybe I'll laugh remembering I wanted to write 33 chapters, because if I have enough feedback it can become longer...I did wrote a 100 chapters story (I got so much feedback for Hyung O.O)...everything's possible ~)


Credit image : Valedhelven © Deviantart

They walked silently; Yongguk was making sure the road was safe when the young mage arrived breathlessly next to him. He was on his horse so Yongguk wondered why he was that red. He turned back and it wasn't hard to guess the two boys laughing where the source of the young boy's reddened face. He chuckled for himself making the shy boy blushing even more. Yongguk watched him and Junhong send him an apologetic smile as to excuse himself for walking next to him.

Junhong considered Yongguk above all the Royals that could exist on this planet. He couldn't watch him in his eyes and it was as hard to stand next him. It was really because he couldn't bear Youngjae's thoughts in his head, and finally he wondered if it wasn't worse to have still Daehyun's body image in his mind while walking next the boy who was haunting his own dreams.

“I...” Junhong startled a bit when Yongguk started to talk. His heart was already beaten fast because of the proximity between their two horses. Why his horse was walking that near from the elder one? From time to time, his feet rubbed against Yongguk's one and Junhong's heart menaced to jump out of his chest any time soon. He gulped hardly and it was just as hardly that he turned slowly his eyes toward the other.

Yongguk wasn't watching him, and without reading in his mind or the other watching him, Junhong knew the elder was fully aware of him. He waited for him to talk. A silent which was unbearable for the young boy even if it lasted only a few seconds in reality, it seemed like two lives of his passed before the other talked again. “Thank you.” Only two words. Two simple words but it was already much more than Junhong could support. He tried to answer back a You're Welcome, but he couldn't. Like if it asked him more than saying out loud three words. Three simple words.

Junhong kept watching him amazed, wondering what he was talking about. He wished Yongguk further his thoughts. He could read his mind, but never Junhong would do such a thing with him. What was he talking about? He saw the other watching him through the corner of his eyes, which didn't miss out on to speed up the younger's heartbeat. “...for my sister.” Junhong's heart sank hearing the real reason of the thankfulness. He simply nodded before watching in front of him.

Never the young boy talked to him. He knew he was impressed by him; the young mage had always been impressed by every people in the city. But since, the witch's attack he had gain into self confidence. He did talk to Daehyun, Himchan, Jongup and Youngjae. But never with him. Yongguk wasn't talkative type, he didn't know how to engage a conversation, and even less how to remove the awkwardness between them. It had felt less weird to discover that his best friend was indeed the Prince, than to engage an usual conversation with him.

He finally decided he will ask how his training with Himchan was. Yes. That would be a nice subject to start talking. He could do it. Yongguk took a deep breath, and turned to the young mage. That's when he noticed his eyes had turned another color of his usual ones. The last time he had seen that yellow veil recovering the young mage's eyes was when the witches attacked. As the young mage hadn't raised the alarm, Yongguk slowly grabbed his sword by its pommel. Something moved at his left side in the forest.

Junhong saw Yongguk was on his guard, he really was an amazing warrior. He always felt it. Yongguk always liked to use his exceptional strength to protect others. But he hadn't more times to admire the boy next to him. Something came out the forest to stand in front of them on the road. The two boys stopped their horses and Yongguk ordered others to stop too. Even if he couldn't see the magic creature's face because of a big hood recovering his face, he knew they didn't want any harm to them. Two other creatures joined the first and they lifted up their hands to show they weren't enemies.

Slowly they removed their hoods and it's amazed that Yongguk discovered three elves in front of him.

“Do you have your spiritual chief with you?” the first elf asked.

“We have.” Yongguk simply said. “I will go search him, Junhong keep an eye on them.

We’re not a threat young human.

Better to not let our guard down.”

Junhong was a bit out of the situation, before he left to find the Prince; Yongguk had just called him by his name. It was the first time, he wanted to celebrate, but he better do as he was told to. For the first time Yongguk called him by his name. “We just met the path of three elves your Highness, they want to talk of with you.” Without a word Himchan followed Yongguk.

The Prince joined the elves and walked a bit apart of the group for the others to not hear anything of their conversation. Yongguk and Junhong had for duty to prevent anyone who would spy the secret conversation. Yongguk watched the young man and he saw him frowning to the little group, still his yellow eyes on them.

“Junhong.” The young mage startled hearing the low voice calling him. He watched Yongguk, and forgot he was on his reader mind mode. For a few seconds he was in the elder mind. For a few seconds he knew what he thought. For a few seconds he felt the same thing he felt. In a few seconds he became addicted to it. It only required those seconds to Yongguk to understand what happened. “Don’t. Do that. Ever again.” Yongguk hissed between his closed teeth with his cold voice.

Junhong broke their eye contact and felt ashamed of himself. He had hold on all those years. He had always wanted to try it but never yield to the temptation. He wanted to apologize. He hadn’t done it on purpose; he had just wanted to confirm the elves were really pacifist, not knowing what their enemies looked like. But Junhong felt too ashamed to even glance toward the elder.

Yongguk sighed; he had trust the young mage but guessed he didn’t trust him. He had clearly felt it, something in his own mind. He hadn’t been alone anymore, it had quite felt nice but Yongguk had freaked out. Afraid the young mage started getting use to be in his mind and then the next step would be him controlling his mind. He wondered if one day he would be able to converse normally with the boy next him.

It had been too many feelings for the young mage, in theses few seconds. More than he could support. Junhong’s eyes started to be filled with tears. Yongguk was aware of the boy’s every moves, and the tears didn’t escape his attention. “Listen…” he scrubbed the back of his neck, his voice softer than earlier. “…I’m sorry…it’s the first time someone came in my mind and…” Yongguk searched his words to not hurt the boy more than he was already.

He had felt him in his mind, he had thought the mage was strong, but now he knew. He knew the boy was weak and scared, that he needed someone to protect him; to help him supporting the world’s fate height on his weak shoulders. This was the role Yongguk was waiting for. “…I know…you didn’t do it on purpose.” Junhong watched him amazed and Yongguk smiled to him, a thing the mage wasn’t used to. Then Yongguk watched the small group in front of him. “In a group we need to trust each others. Even he doesn’t look like we can have trust in Himchan.”

Junhong nodded; his heart suddenly really light. If Yongguk said so, then Junhong will trust others. When Himchan ended his conversation with the elves he asked Yongguk and Junhong to join him. He asked them to announce the others that the elves were going to join the convey. Youngjae woke at that time when Daehyun told him, he wanted to see the elves. To see if they were as amazing as he thought they were.

He watched the three creatures amazed, and a bit impressed; impressed enough to not dare going talking to them. He watched them from afar, it was enough for him. He admired those beautiful and perfect creatures. He tried his chances, and called them with his mind. He wondered if he could attract them to him only with his willing, or maybe they could even read in his mind.

One of the three elves approached him, “nice to meet you, Yoo Young Jae.

Can you read in my mind?

I cannot.

Oh, I tried to call you thinking you could…

I felt it… I couldn’t read in your mind, but I could felt something from you. That’s how I knew who you were.

How do you know my name?

We made some researches about all the humans in this convey, to know to whom we got to do.”

Youngjae nodded and the elf watched around, carefully; as to check that no one was eavesdropping their conversation. “I wanted to warn you young human.

What? About what?

The Shadow.”

Hermes who was walking next Youngjae groaned and the elf watched him. “I have to warn him!” the elf defended herself.

“What is the shadow?” Youngjae asked, suddenly scared. He had always felt everyone around him was hiding something to him.

“Your worst enemy,” wait... what? What enemy? Youngjae had never left Mato and had never really fought with someone; how could he have an enemy?

“A-and…what? Does the shadow want to kill me?

No one knows what The Shadow is up to or when he will appear; not even the young warlock or the witch.”

Youngjae watched Junhong who was walking next Yongguk, he saw him turning his face a bit so Youngjae was watching his side face. He knew Junhong was listening their conversation. Why the mage hadn’t told him about the Shadow?

“Why… why is he my enemy? What I have to do with … it?

According to the Gods… you will...sort of disappear because of the Shadow...” even if the elf tried to manage him, Youngjae knew what it meant. He swallowed difficultly his saliva. Nice. Since the start of the adventure -which wasn't that far ago- he knew he wouldn't last long, but now he knew. It was sure. He started to panic, that's when he met Daehyun's eyes. The blonde boy frowned, that had been a moment since he didn't seen him in that state. Last time he didn't knew, but since he learned that Youngjae had panic attacks. He approached him. “Is everything alright Youngjae ?

Yes.” His friend's answer was a bit too fast answered to his taste, Daehyun watched the elf and Youngjae looked back at her at the same time. Her white hairs falling like a waterfall on her shoulders, she really was beautiful, perfect. He watched her in her purple eyes. She had something mysterious but her eyes didn't lied. 'Elves can't lie.' Hermes explained him.

“So I really will die...

'She didn't say you will die, and there's not only this option...there's many possibilities too. Not only the one the Gods gave.'

“Seems like there's great chance it went like they planned it...” Youngjae watched Junhong, and that's when the conversation he had with Jongup came back to his mind. The young mage won't save him if the Gods wants him to die. Junhong watched in front of him when Youngjae thought that, which could mean only one thing. Youngjae had some hopes after the boy said he would feel lonely without him. It wasn't totally right. He will feel lonely without him.

'Don't have a grudge against Junhong. He's a mage, he can't do anything for you. It's like this, mage have to obey to the Gods. Don't wait for others to save you Youngjae, you will have to save yourself, young human.'

You too... you know how I will die.”

There was a radio silence after he said that and Youngjae sighed. He had so many friends around him now, but no one wanted to change his fate. That's when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Daehyun smiled to him and he smiled back to his best friend. Fortunately, he still had Daehyun.


 

At the end of the cortege, Himchan enjoyed he was a bit afar from the troop.

Ah, I want to remove that mask! I'm so hot right now... I'm sweating...

– Then do it...” Jongup sighed next to him, it's been more than a hour he had to support the elder's complaining.

...I can't Jongup...

– Then stop complaining !” the guard boy loosed his calm and started to get worked up. He couldn't support it anymore. Himchan stopped to walk. Jongup turned to see what he was up to, and he rolled his eyes when he perceived only the teary eyes behind the mask. Himchan was about to cry, again. The guard boy sighed and put a knee on the dirty ground. The troop was still walking, and no one had seen they stopped as they were at the end of the convey. “I'm sorry my Lord.” Jongup said mockingly.

Don't do that!” Himchan's voice was shaking.

Doing what my Lord ?” Jongup kept playing innocent.

What you're doing ! I don't like it !

– Oh, my Lord doesn't like what I'm doing, but I'm dumb people -not like your Highness- I don't understand what my Lord is talking about.

– STOP IT! STOP TALKING LIKE THIS!” Now, Himchan was really crying.

Or what ?” And Jongup was really annoyed. He stood up. “Huh ?” and approached the Prince to grab him by his cheeks with one hand, “you will behead me ? Cut my tongue ?” Himchan slapped his hand furiously, but Jongup didn't even blink and they glare to each other.

Why you hate me that much ? I have never done something to you...” Himchan could barely said with his weak voice because of the tears tightening his throat. Jongup scoffed it and left. He walked join the others and Himchan walked difficultly, not seeing what was in front him with his blurred vision. It's tears filling his eyes that he watched the guard boy in front him laughing with a soldier. He started walking slower and slower, until he fall. Someone next to him reached out his hand to help him. Himchan grabbed it, “th-thank you.”

He wanted to watched the one who helped him but he was alone, there was no one around him. He resume his walk, but then noticed he had lost the others and couldn't see them. He walked the faster he could with his coat, until he ran. That's when he felt someone poking his back, he glanced behind him but still, there was no one. He heard a laugh and stopped running to listen better. He furrowed his eyebrows. He knew it was a bad idea and that he would get scolded for that, but he couldn't help himself. He started to walk opposed side of the convey. He walked to the laughs. Suddenly he had forgot his sadness and worries, and he thought he was better to walk toward the laughs than to walk toward the tears. It was like the laughs were talking to him :

Come to us.

No more sadness,

No more tears.

You will be happy,

In our company.

 

2674 words