Chapter 9

Hold On

 

Family. Something my childhood never had. Just the memories of it make to wince in pain. It hurts, that fact hurts. Remembering the old me, watching other kids from my window, wondering how to be like them. To have someone who console you when you fall, someone who pinch your cheeks as they giggle how cute you are, someone who buys you ice cream if you want to, someone who lift you up high that you feel you’re flying, someone who’s willing to accept on who you are, someone who’s just there and will love you no matter what.

 

I never had the chance to feel that. I almost give up but not until I met Hyukjae.

The country bumpkin whom I really loathes at first. Shy, thin and really unattractive guy who I’m supposed to be long forgotten but he then unexpectedly became my best friend. I develop a crush on him that slowly, turns into another one-sided love. Later then I discover he’s supposed to be my enemy, the guy who took my ex away from me. Got a broken heart, suicide, almost died yet survived and after that pushing him away. Yet again, we meet again in a surprise wedding arranged by our deceased parents. Me in a freaking gown and him, so perfect in a suit.  We got married, live awkwardly together, got teased by the others, the girl we loved getting in our way, me falling in love deeper, doing hopeless things for him, confessing to him and finally, him loving me back. It didn’t end on that. I got kidnapped, almost shot by my own butler, him divorcing me, I breaking down into pieces, Kyuhyun saving me and after everything, he proposes to me, almost forcefully but in the end, I accepted him.

 

Oh damn. Now I just realize how long we’ve been together. How many trial we’ve been through and here we are, still together. s come occasionally in our lives, just like this. Facing the reality that we’ll never have our own child. Since we’re both males, and even if I want to, I will never be able to give it to him. It hurts me. It hurts him but its okay. Hyukjae is my family. I am his family. We’re happy.

Us together, that’s what matters.

 

These things, I want to tell it to him. Well, I should have but not when he just leave me sitting on a park bench since he told me to wait for him. I don’t really know why he left me, I mean it’s our date, at least he said that and now he’s making me to wait, again.

Maybe he got some plans.

Just after I think of it, the dark sky glimmers with different lights. Fireworks pop here and there and can’t help myself but to stand up and wonder around. Imagining Hyukjae planning all of this, my face turned into a tomato again.

 

When the lighting cease, my smile didn’t fade. Turning around I sees my Hyukjae walking to me with the sweetest grin I always love. I then find myself engaging him into a big hug, muffling thank yous. After a few moments, I felt weird. I’m supposed to feel his chest but what is this? A fluffy thing that…
 

Oh my God! Don’t tell me Hyukjae turned into a girl so we could have a child?

My Hyukjae with s

s and

NO.

 

I shivered with the thought but then I felt something wet on his chest, I nearly died.

He’s producing milk, I can’t…

 

“Donghae, why are you hugging me too long? You’re squishing…”

 

I pushed him away, making him fell and I seriously felt sorry after that. I quickly look to his supposed to be s, it turn out to be a stuff toy. Oh thank god but no, it moves. Is it an alien?

“H-Hyukjae there’s an alien on your—“

“Yah Donghae! Why did you push me? What if our child got hurt?”


 

He shushes the brown fluffy alien on his chest and there’s me, who just stares at him. Did I just hear him right? I keep on thinking on what he said but then he slowly stands up, patting ‘our’ child softly.

 

“Are you hurt baby? Don’t cry anymore okay?”

“Lee Hyukjae what the fu—“

“Don’t! She’ll hear you!”

“Tell me I’m dreaming.”

“Don’t be such a drama queen Hae. I understand it might be shocking but she’s here. Our love child, Lee Choco! Isn’t she cute?”

“Hyukjae—“

“I know! You’re too happy that you want to cry but we got our own child at last!”

“…”

“Now Choco, hug mommy Hae.”



He lifts up the alien which I identified to be a dog to me. I abruptly step back, gaining a frown from him and well, a weird cry from her.
 


“Donghae, don’t be mean to our baby…”

“Don’t tell me that after our moment in the car, the fireworks and the almost romantic scene back there, you’ll say to me that that dog is our child?”

 


He nods with the dog in his arms and I face palmed. Sometimes I really wonder if he’s just too sweet or he’s kind of crazy. Why do I love him again?

 

“Seriously Hyukjae, way to kill the mood.”

 

 

--

 

Once I calmed down, he officially introduce our daughter which named Lee Choco to me--her said to be mother. I hear him saying something about Pomeranian, how cute she is, and other things I didn’t understand at all.


 

“The point here Hyukjae, why a dog?”

“What’s wrong? She’s really cute and—“

“I mean, why won’t we adopt a real child.”

“We will! But let’s take Choco first since she’s too cute when I saw her on the pet shop just moments ago…”

“Oh so you just feel liking it and… Hyukkie, you’re supposed to ask me first!”

“Then our child will turn out to be a fish and it’s far worst than having Choco.”


 

With that, I shut up. I can’t argue back because maybe, just maybe I’ll be fond of fish in our house. Then I stare at the fluffy ball-like creature in his arms, maybe I can accept her. She’s kind of adorable and maybe, nice.

Hyukjae pull her up, tossing her slightly in the air just like what daddies usually do. The image of them makes me smile. Chuckling, I decide to take her in my arms, swinging her as I sing a song while Hyukjae make funny faces. Now I think of it…

 

Who said we can’t have our own child?

 

 


 

A/N:
 

Choco as their love child...
/stabs myself/

--heechan27

 

I WANNA DANCE \\(*A*)//