Chapter 5

Hold On

Donghae's first POV... wut?


 

I wave a smile at my co-workers as I stroll on the hospital’s hallway. My shift is over and what I only need to do is to go home then rest. I check my watch and I saw it’s already minutes before 7. I sigh once I realize Hyukkie isn’t home right now. Since he just freaking left me alone and have a day off with grandma at the countryside.

‘Such a caring fiancé’

 

While I am sulking on how could Hyukkie left me alone, I saw a somehow familiar guy sitting on one of the benches. It was Sungmin who look not really cheerful for the moment. I decided to talk to him and check if he is okay.

“Min, what are you doing here?”

“Oh Donghae! You know, I’m anemic again.” He purses his lips before looking at me. “I suppose your shift is over now right?”

I nod then  pat his back. I think of sitting beside him for the mean time and talk. As I remember, we barely talk because both of us are busy. It only makes me to miss the others more, how I wish to have a reunion or something.

 

“You’re alone?”

“No, Kyu is actually paying the bills.”

 

I mumble an ‘oh’ then smile once again at him. I am busy thinking on what to talk with him but since it’s too many I don’t know what to start. We really miss each other for so long so I really need to know more about his status these days. Sungmin chuckles on my awkwardness and start on asking some questions.

“I heard Hyukjae ran away from you?”

“Aisssh Kyuhyun told you right? That brat really.”

I scratch my nape since it’s too embarrassing. I’ll take in mind to hit that evil Kyuhyun if I have a chance. I totally told him not to say it to anybody. “I just ask him for some sample of his blood. I just want to practice but he freak out so… you know. And then Kyuhyun take over to substitute him.”

 

“You know Eunhyuk is a baby towards injections.”

“I know but he have to be used to it since he’s living with a future doctor.”

“Yeah, you have a point.” Sungmin nods and once again I don’t know what to say. But then again, the quietness is cut by him.

 

“I really want to know, why did you decide to take medicine? For all I know you hate studying.”

 

I laugh a bit on the memory. Yeah it is true, I don’t really like studying back then. Like, I don’t even attend my classes, only going to school to have fun and to see Hyukkie.

‘Ugggh, how cheesy is that?’



“Well, at first I didn’t really mean it. I remember, I kind of having a silent fight with Yoona and of course, I never want to lose, not in front of Hyukkie.”

“Wait. So you’re not serious about this?”

“I never said that. Actually I realize my dream is actually to be an obstetrician. I want to help women to bear their child and to see how a new life will be born. It’s really a wonderful job and I couldn’t want any other work than this.”



When I finish that, I realize Sungmin is looking at me with a smile. Embarrass on my words, I cover my face. I’m just too shy to open up my dreams to others but on the other side, I’m relieve since I finally said it to one of my closest friends.

We’re busy talking about his life with Kyuhyun and I just know that both of them are planning to get married soon. I couldn’t help but to be happy hearing that news. Two of my friends are getting married! I really can’t wait to tease Kyuhyun, I didn’t know he’s thinking of marrying Sungmin already. They’ll even get married before us. Well, if we’ll forget about my surprise marriage with Hyukjae where I was named as Lee Soonhae. Marrying each other in an instance, like what the hell?


 

“I remember when you’re sulking because you’re wearing a gown! Your face is so epic!”

“Yah! Don’t make me to remember that again!”

“But you’re beautiful in that I must admit and Heechul hyung actually design that just for you.”

“Should I be thankful or not?”


He just laughs and I also did along with him. We kept on talking like that until a little girl run to me. I remember she’s one of our patients here so we’re kind of close. I greeted her and her mother then I lift her up and sway her a bit.


“Oppa, you’re not going home yet?”

“Why? You don’t want me here?”

“Aniyo~”


I grin and slightly pinch her cheeks. If it’s not for the children here, I don’t know how could I survive in this hospital.

 

“Aren’t you introducing me to that beautiful girl?”


Sungmin tug my shirt and I could only laugh at him. He really likes to meet girls even if it’s a child. I wonder why Kyuhyun never notice this.


“Meet Sungmin oppa.”

“Annyeong Sungmin oppa~”

“Annyeong! By the way, who looks more handsome between us?”


I looked at him and mumble, ‘Are you serious?’ but he only shrug and flash his lashes to the young girl on my shoulders.


‘Didn’t he just say he’s getting married?’

 

“Errr... Haehae oppa!”

“Ha! In your face! I’m still not losing my charm!”


 

I laugh at him who just make a fake cry. I and this girl’s mother only laugh over Sungmin’s reaction. Well, girls still prefer me—in all ages.

 

“Don’t cry, you’re cuter Sungmin oppa.”

“Its okay, Sungmin oppa is not sad.”


Sungmin grin and I let go of her already. We both wave our hands to her and her mother. After that, I feel better, children always erase my stress.


“You really have a charm on children.”

“Really?”

“I bet you’ll be a good father.”

“Hmmm… maybe.”


We keep on joking together until Kyuhyun came. He greeted me and stands beside Sungmin.


“Sungmin said you’re going to get married already?”

“Yeah! Say that to Eunhyuk, I’ll bet he’ll get jealous. But anyway, you’re coming right?”

“Of course! How could I miss that? I’ll be teasing all day!”


So yeah, we’re like that but not until Kyuhyun look at my behind. I trace his gaze and found nothing. Weird, what is he looking at?


“Kyuhyun are you okay?”

“Ah. I think I just saw someone…”

“Who?”

“Something like red hair...”

 


Eunhyuk? I laugh at Kyuhyun's words. It’s not possible! I just talk to him few hours ago and he’s together with grandma. I erase the thought and bid goodbye to Kyuhyun and Sungmin. They wish me to rest since I didn’t notice I’ve been staying here for almost an extra hour.

I yawn as I walk, I really need to sleep. I purse my lips thinking when Hyukkie will come back. But I’m no way calling him again, after what he had done to me. Let him be. I’m not going to go after him this time.


‘Taste my wrath Hyukkie’

 

 


 

A/N:

My update once again
/cries/
I done this last night
But my mom keep on bugging me so...
anyways~ more lines for Donghae!
and Sungmin :P

Oh, I'll be giving sign when the drama will come
'cuz if I don't you'll be like...
"omfg.. what's happening???!!??"
"*sharpens knife~"
"wth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"U Right.. I HATE YOU !!"
real comments >.>
taken from the prequel
You guys seriously broke my heart
Comments are full of ______s
But I bet you'll still hate me no matter what
Because... asdfghjkl

For the readers who want to know
what Min and Hae are talking about
Chap. 33 and Chap. 43
and don't you miss Yoona? LOL

Oh sad to say but...
Yesung will enlist to the army on May 6
He'll not be attending SS5 in S. America
but yeah, let's still wait for him until he comes back

--heechan27

subscribe, comment then upvote!
*evil laugh*