Chapter 7

Hold On

 

I ran outside the house, not even minding to close the door. I could hear water splashing with every steps I take, making me wet but I didn't mind. I don't really care. My mind is blank yet my body just moves on its own, running fast to the gate. On my way, I trip a few times because of the sliperry road, hitting my back but I stand up, ignoring the pain. It doesn't hurt, for that moment it didn't hurt but the thought of losing him breaks me.

At the end of the road, there I saw Hyukjae, in another girl's embrace. He's arm on her shoulders, while she's holding his waist. I clench my hand, feeling my heart aches at the image but I ignore it. Without any words, I hug him tight; the umbrella I was once holding, now forgotten. She let go of him, and I can't explain what I feel when his warmth lingers with mine. The rain pouring towards us, but for that moment I couldn't feel it.


I sigh in relief and hug him tighter; I thought I lose him, I was afraid but now he's here with me. Thankful, I'm really thankful. I don't know what I'll do if something bad happen to him. If he's hurt, it would kill me but right now I'm holding him. Right here in my arms, safe and unharmed.

 

"Thank you."
 


I mumbled softly, looking at her with nothing but gratefulness in my eyes. She smiles then she signed if we should enter the house already. I nod, but I couldn't hold Hyukjae properly. He's kind of heavy but then again, she helps us. Holding the umbrella I almost forgotten, she get one of his arms and hold it then started on walking towards home.
 


--

 

When we arrive at the doorway, she finally let go of his arm. She then bowed her head, ready to leave. I bit my lips somehow feeling a bit guilty on assuming something bad about her. She walks Hyukjae all over here, under the rain just to help him.

 

"Miss, if you don't mind you can stay for the night."

"But I—"

"We owe you a lot so please, just let me repay your kindness."


She couldn't help but to nod so I happily told her the way to the guest room. But she even asks if I need help on holding the guy I am huggin but I just shrug. I slowly walk up him to our room, then carefully laying him on the bed. I release a loud sigh, looking at him with teary eyes.

I slump on the chair, resting my head on the nearby table. I bit myself before looking at his exhausted frame, lying lifelessly on the bed. He is drunk. For the first time, he touch alcohol and I can't help myself but to worry. Did something happen? Did I do something wrong? But why he didn't say a thing to me? Am I nothing to him now?

For some moment, I just stare at him; I couldn't bring myself to touch him. He then shivered because of the coldness, slowly gaining a bit of his senses yet I didn't do anything. I’m just there, watching him as he slowly sit up, holding a handful of his red locks. While looking around he met my eyes, cold and unwavering while his are with guilt and sorrow. He hangs his head low, looking at anything but me and that hurts me more.


"Where did you go?"


He slightly shuddered at the tone of my voice but nevertheless I ignore it, looking at him still. I could hear him clearing his throat while scratching his nape. It took him few minutes before he answer, not even sparing a look for me.


"I was with Kyuhyun."


I bit my lips, closing my eyes then I turned my back into him, not letting him to see me crying. I heard the bed squeaking and after that I found a pair of arms hugging me from the behind. I could feel his warm breath on my neck, his head resting on my shoulders. I furrow my brows before moving away from him, prying his hands away.


"Hae? Are you mad at me?"

"Where did you go?"


I asked him again, now looking straight to his eyes. He then holds my hands, pulling me to hug him. I embrace him while he ruffles my hair, soothing me. I thought he's not going to answer me again but I hear him sighing before he kisses me on my forehead.


"I told you, I was with Kyuhyun."


My heart breaks for another time. He lied to me once again but why? Slowly, I push him away and he just looks at me, confused. I make myself to smile at him and he grins back. It was painful but I didn't mind it again.


"D-did you have fun?"

"Yeah, me and Kyu—"


I hit him. Hard. For the first time, I hurt him but I didn't regret anything. I'm angry, frustrated, and I felt betrayed. He lied to me, not once but twice. I give him chances but what did he do? He wasted it. He freaking lied to me, he was drunk, and he never told me a thing.

Then my tears started on falling, but I didn't dare to dry it. I just look at him, asking for explanation but he didn't say a thing. I don't know what to feel. I don't know who to blame. Is it me that made him like this or he just did this on his free will? I don't know, I ing don't know because he never let me know what he's thinking!


"I was worried for you..."


I paused for a bit just to look at him. He didn't say a thing, he couldn't look at me and it breaks me but I still continued, ignoring the pain inside me.


"I was waiting for you, I called you a few times, and I was getting crazy just because of you. I know nothing; I was getting paranoid just by thinking of you then I find you drunk. You got drunk for the first time. I asked you where you were but you lied then I asked again yet you did it again. Why are you doing this to me? Hyukkie, what did I do wrong?"


Then he hugs me tight, my tears falling on his shoulders. I hug him back, resting my head on his chest. I hit him for a few times again but he didn't budge instead, he embraces me tighter.


"W-what if you got hurt? What if you died? What will I become after that? What will I do if you're gone?"

"I'm sorry."

"You're mean. You didn't think of how I'll feel! I was worried for you
"


"I know. I'm wrong. I'm sorry."


I look up to him, meeting his warm gaze. I squeeze him tighter, afraid of losing him again. He just looks at me with guilt and it's really a painful sight. I trembled a bit before making myself to talk again.


"A-are you tired of me?"

 

He frowned, making me to gulp. I tried to resist his hold but end up nothing. I clutched my hand in nervousness, what if he really doesn’t love me anymore? Just the thought of that make my heart to sink, but then he hold my chin, making to look up to him.

Then he leaned, claiming my lips. I then find myself kissing him back, holding his neck for support. It is sweet; his kisses are always been sweet. He pecks my lips for the last time before smiling, showing that gummy smile I love the most.


"Even if I told myself to, I couldn't make myself to leave you."

 

 

 

 


 

A/N:

Tsk, I told myself to leave this story...
But yeah, I end up writing a chapter!
TT__TT
I was depress 'cuz of Yeye
so I'm really sorry for not updating much

And I at writing kissing scenes
*stabs myself*
I'm sorry...
But then again, I hope you like it!
Don't get me wrong...
This isn't the drama I'm talking about~

thanKYU for reading my story!
Please do comment *wink*

--heechan27 

 

And I reached 700 subs!
*throws confetti*