Beagles and Bagels.

A-B-C [YOU decide]

AJ laughed as the cutely barking beagle puppy splashed in the bath water, causing him to get soaked in the process. The male reached forward in an attempt to start scrubbing the small dog once again.

He hadn’t meant for his attachment to get this far. Honest.

As his daily routine demanded, AJ would take a walk through the park everyday on his way home from the convenience store. One day, he came across a small dog in a box, lonely and crying. Out of the goodness of his heart, he broke his routine to go right back to the store to buy food for the defenseless creature.

And it had become a part of his daily routine to stop and feed the dog on his way going home.

The day before he had stopped like usual, but the beagle was nowhere to be seen. AJ found himself searching for the dog for quite some time. Once he finally began asking people, they had said that the local catcher had come by and taken him to the pound.

AJ had accepted this and walked back to the flat he shared with some of his friends and went to sleep.

The next day when he was walking through the park he realized that he had bought dog food again for the puppy that was now in the pound.
AJ thought on it for a while before he finally broke down and decided to take the food to the pound for his friend.

Once there, the dog seemed beyond happy to see a familiar face. AJ smiled at the young woman manning the counter, “Excuse me miss, but I’ve brought food for this dog.”

She smiled politely, “Ah, thank you very much, but that dog is actually going to be transferred to a different part of South Korea later today.”

“Oh? Why?”

“Well, he’s been biting all of the attendees, so we either have to send him away for training or put him down.”

AJ’s heart stopped for a moment and he reacted without thinking, “Give him to me, then.”

“Sir?”

“Ah… This dog is very friendly and I like him very much. I’d like to adopt him.”

And after much hesitation, the woman allowed AJ to adopt the dog leading to where they were at the moment:  AJ attempting to clean the puppy while getting an accidental bath in the process.

And it was at this moment that the sound of a door opening and male voices filled the previously empty flat.

AJ stared at the dog with wide eyes. He hadn’t thought about his roommates and their view on a dog. He silently cursed himself and shushed the dog before exiting the bathroom.

“Yo, AJ!” One of them greeted happily before raising an eyebrow, “Why are you so wet?”

“Ah, Soohyun, I uh… beagle. BAGEL. I dropped my bagel. In the tub. Yeah.”

Soohyun stared at AJ before reacting, “Why were you eating around a bathtub fully clothed?”

AJ’s cheeks puffed out, “Well… I read an article about eating before bathing. It’s good for you, apparently.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh. Alright then.” Soohyun shrugged and pointed to the other two boys in the room, “Kiseop and Alexander wanted to go out for pizza. You game?”

“Nah, I’m good.” He waved a greeting to the other two, “Thanks though.”

“You feeling okay?”

“Yeah, I’m just tired.” He fake yawned, “Really tired.”

And a loud bark sounded from the bathroom. AJ paused, eyes shifting to the side.

Soohyun narrowed his eyes, “What was that?”

“…A bagel?” AJ laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Oh, really?” Soohyun moved, opening the bathroom door. And then he was met, shin to dog with the small beagle puppy, “Hmm. This bagel has fur. Hope you didn’t try eating it.”

The boy sighed, moving forward, “I’m sorry, Soohyun. They said they were going to put him down. I didn’t want to leave him.”

He quickly lifted the dog up from the ground before facing the worried AJ. He laughed loudly, playing with the dog’s paws, “I like him. Bagel. He’s a cute dog.”

“R-Really?” AJ dropped to his hands and knees, “Please! Let him stay! I’ll take care of him and you won’t have to do anything!”

Soohyun looked to the dog thoughtfully. It his nose and he laughed again, “Fine! This dog is alright with me.”

“Thank you!” The brunette jumped off the ground, hugging his friend and roommate quickly before taking the dog, “I’m going to finish cleaning him, but you guys go enjoy your pizza!”

Soohyun sighed as the bathroom door closed, “Bad choice?”

Kiseop grinned, “It’s a cute dog! I want to play with it when we come back.”
Alexander nodded in agreement, a smile spreading over his face, “Can we stay and order in instead? I wanna play with the puppy too~”

With a sigh, Soohyun laughed, “Yeah, fine. Go enjoy that wet bagel.”

The boys cheered together in joy before opening the bathroom door to help AJ give the beagle a bath.

Soohyun shook his head, “What did I just agree to?”

And so, the dog became a quick member of their obscure family.


 

Beagles? Bagels. I don't even... xD
I had fun trying to figure out how to work with it.

Thank you emiliehtelost for the suggestion :D
This was a whole bunch of fun to come up with.
I hope it isn't too disappointing xD