I Believe in Fated Love, featuring A Day In The Life of Nam Woohyun

My Life With The School Kingka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WooHyun just got off of work, it was 7 in the evening now. He had to work extra hours to make sure everything went swell in the University since Sunggyu was on his honeymoon with Sang Ri. He blew hot air in his hands and rubbed them together as he looked around the campus. Of course it had been empty. The students wouldve gone home or they would be in their dorms, noting that it was a weekday. And in this type of cold weather, no one bothered to be outside. 

 

Woohyun had been living a better life. He was living life very conservatively. He learned how to be kind and how to care for others. Love is fate. That is his new motto.

 

Woohyun thought about calling his dongsaeng Krystal to ask if she would like anything to eat. He pulled out his cellphone and dialed her number.

 

"Dongsaeng-ah, Oppa is heading home. Do you want anything to eat?" 

 

"Will Oppa buy me fish cakes? Oo! And buy me those pastries you brought home last week! Please please please please please-"

 

"Ok ok! Ok! Oppa will buy them. I'll be in home in 30. Im going to get coffee first."

 

"Oppa, you always get coffee everday. Are you seeing someone? I bet youre seeing someone everyday...Theyre more special than your sisters hunger huh..."

 

He chuckled. "I wish.... Okay. Anyways. I'll be home in 30! Annyeong." 

 

"Annyeong~" 

 

Woohyun simply puts his phone back in his pocket and resumes walking down the street. He noticed a maniac vigourously exercising randomly in the 30 degree weather in Seoul at this time of hour.

 

He stared at her for awhile and raised an eyebrow. She looked fairly petite, she had long wavy black hair and she had milky white skin. Woohyun thought to himself, maybe he should go talk to her or something, but then he realized how weird and creepy it wouldve been if he did. He had to admit, something about her attracted him.

 

"Yah, what are you looking at, you ert." She yelled. Woohyun was startled by her strong attitude.

 

"I-Uh. Nothing. I was just- I-" Woohyun didnt know what to say. She was staring straight through him with her vicous gaze. 

 

"Or should i say, stalker?"

 

"What- What! I am not a stalker!"

 

"I see you everyday walking by... And that sir, is a stalker." she pointed her finger up in the air.

 

"Yah, just because i walk across you everday, doesnt mean i stalk you.. Its called a habitual coincedence." Woohyun silently cursed. What the hell was he even saying?

 

"Habitual- HA.. Does that even go together? Ah... Anyways.. I'd appreciate if you would just keep moving along, Woohyun ssi." 

 

Woohyuns eyes widened. How did she know his name?

 

"Yah! How did you know my name?! Who's the stalker now!??!!" Woohyun jumped in place and pointed at her.

 

She scoffed, "You have your nametag on you idiot." Woohyun glanced down at his chest. He had forgotten to take his name tag off before heading home.

 

"Wow, How can a man like you be this clueless? From first impressions, i thought you were cool." She rolled her eyes.

 

"Yah, you dont know me so shut it will ya."

 

"Okay okay pretty boy. Now move along before i do something to that pretty face of yours." she shooed him. Woohyun had enough. No one has ever dared to talk down to him like this. The old Woohyun was back. The cocky, rich, son of a bastard he was when he was still part of the notorious kingka group in highschool.

 

"Do you know who i am?" Woohyun scoffed.

 

"Yeah.. Youre Nam Woohyun. See. Nam. Woohyun." she touched his name tag.

 

"Yeah. THE Nam Woohyun." Woohyun crossed his arms confidently.

 

"Uh.. Yeah. Okay." she acted like she could care less and looked at her nails.

 

"Nam Woohyun, Infinites playboy, aegyo king, and prince charming. Heir to Nam Corporations. Vocal training teacher at-"

 

Woohyuns verbal auto biography was interrupted rudely by her yawning.

 

"Sounds cool. Mind moving along now? Im getting cold since im not moving much."

 

Woohyun clenched his fist while he exhaled through his nose making him look like an angry bull in this weather. He decided to teach her a lesson. He walked passed her and lifted the basketball up with his foot. He bounced it a few times making her turn around.

 

"Basketball huh? 1 on 1, lets see how good you are." he taunted.

 

She scoffed. "You wouldnt stand a chance against me. They dont call me Split Second Sa Rang, for no reason."

 

Woohyun snorted at the name. "S-Split second- Thats a funny nickname." 

 

"Oh it wont be so funny when you discover the meaning of it, honey." she mugged him.

 

"Ok ok ok. So. 1 v 1, half court. First one to 20 points. Deal?" Woohyun says

 

"Sounds good. What are the rewards for winning? Or should i say, what are the rewards for me winning?"

 

"Okay. If you win..... I'll go to one of your basketball games and see how wrong i was. I'll be your fan boy."

 

Sa Rang laughs. "Thats awesome! Wow i never had a fan before." Woohyun looked at her in a warm gaze. Was she just kidding? He kind of felt sorry for her. 

 

"And.. If you win, which you wont, but lets just say it anyways.. If you win.." she says breaking their eye contact.

 

"If i win..... You'll treat me out to coffee. I havent had my evening cup yet." 

 

Sa Rang nods. "Okay. Arasso. Heads or tails." she flipped the coin, caught it and slapped it on the back of her hand.

 

"Tails." he chooses. She lifts her hand up to see the result.

 

"Tails it is, pretty boy. Your ball."

 

"Check it." Woohyun starts at the 3 point line and bounce passes the ball to her. She bounces it back. Game time.

 

Woohyun smirks before he fakes left, right, and then procedes to go left and in for a lay up. He clicked his tongue and smirked in victory. 

 

"Still got it." he murmured to himself. 

 

"Nice. Not bad." Sa Rang nodded. Woohyun winked at her. "Yah yah, no flirting on court." 

 

"They dont call me prince charming for nothing, babe." 

 

Sa Rang scoffed before taking her spot on the three point line. She rolled her eyes and in exactly a split second, she zoomed straight to the court before Woohyun could even realize it. When he started to, the swoosh of the net was all he heard.

 

"What the-" Woohyun looked at her.

 

"Split Second Sa Rang. Number 1 on my jersey. Woollim Warriors! Woo hoo!" 

 

"Wait wait. Woollim Warriors... Woollim High school?" 

 

"Yeah. Im a senior. Enough with getting to know me will ya. It shows that youre desperate, prince charming." she smiled. 

 

"I use to go there..." he said as he stood at the 3 point line. "I was on the basketball team. Are you sure you dont know me?"

 

"Ani.. Im pretty sure." she avoided eye contact with him.

 

"You know... They use to call me.. Nam three point..." before she could sense what just happened, she looked up to him and saw that he was still in his flawless shooting form. He had just made a three point. Sa Rang was completly amazed that she just got to see it in person. She didnt know that it was him. Her role model was always him, and now he finally met him. She always dreamed of making 7/10 of her 3 points like Woohyun had during his highschool years. His plaque still hangs in the activity center, outside of the gym.

 

But how come she didnt recognize her own idol? Maybe it was the glasses and the fedora. 

 

"N-Nam Three Point...The Nam-"

 

"Yup. Oh hey. It looks like you know me now." he ruffled her hair.  "Yours." he bounced the ball to her. 

 

After multiple points, both of them were tied. Nam Three Point kept his three points coming, giving him more points, but that couldnt out number Split Second Sa Rang's fast breaks and steals that gave her more points faster.  

 

"Looks like if i get this point, you wont be getting your coffee for free, Woohyun ssi." Sa Rang wiped her sweat from her forehead. I have to win this. I want him to come to my game, she thought. 

 

I cant lose to this girl. I want my coffee. But i gotta say, shes really good, He thought. Something about her shook him off. Something tells him he should let her win. He wanted to go to her game not because he might lose after this point, but because he wanted to, he actually wanted to. 

 

He was so deep into thought that he couldnt pay attention and Sa Rang had already pivoted around him and took her shot. The ball nerve wreckingly spun around the rim before it swooshed into the hoop.

 

"Daebak!! ASssssSAA!!!" Sa Rang ran around like lightning, in victory. Woohyuns jaw dropped, how could he let her win like that. 

 

"I win i win! How do you feel fan boy Woohyun?" she asked him. 

 

"I gotta admit.. you're good. I only lost because i havent played since highschool."

 

"Wait so youre-"

 

"I graduated class of 2012-"

 

"You're in college now?" 

 

"Yeah. duh.. Pabo." Woohyun poked her forehead. Her suprised facial expression turned into a laughing maniac.

 

"Ahjussi! Hehe!" she pointed at him and laughed. Woohyun couldnt help but to laugh along with her since she was being cute.

 

"Well. I am kind of cold. Im gonna go get a cup of coffee." she grabbed her stuff and began to walk. She turned around and stared at him.

 

"Are you coming or what." she angrily said. Woohyun was suprised. He turned around to look if she was talking to anyone behind him. He pointed to himself.

 

"Yeah you. This is a once in a lifetime. I dont buy coffee for others. Take it or leave it." 

 

"Arasso." Woohyun complied as he walked with her.  Woohyun was curious at why she kept looking at him

 

"You know, i might be handsome but im not Zac Efron or Brad Pitt, so i'd appreciate if you would stop glaring at me."

 

She quickly looked the other way. "I wasnt staring at you. Y-you just look different than the Nam Three Point i know. Are you sure youre him? Or are you a fake?"

 

"Ani. Im the real deal! Maybe its the glasses. Ah! I forgot to take them off." he took off his glasses and fedora. "Reading glasses, heh heh" he smiled nervously.

 

Her eyes widened at how handsome he look. Her heart beated faster than usual. She shook her head viscously to stop the beating. 

 

"After you." he opened the door and gestured her to walk first. 

 

"Ahh, Woohyun ah! The usual?" D.O asked.

 

"Yes please."

 

"And for the lady, what can i get you agashi?" 

 

"Americano would do." 

 

"Wow. It looks like we share common grounds, Ms Split Second." Woohyun smirked.

 

"Why did you... Why did you not play professional basketball? I heard they offered you on a good team that plays for the university."

 

D.O arrives with the drinks. Woohyun thanks him before taking a sip.

 

"Well... I found out that i had another passion...."

 

"And what is that, knitting?" she snorted.

 

"No... Singing." 

 

She almost spat her coffee out. "You?! Sing?! Bwaha! Thats funny. No really, Woohyun ssi, what is it?"

 

"Singing. I told you. Do you know Kim Sunggyu?" he asked.

 

"KNOW HIM? MORE LIKE LOVE HIM. HES SO CUTE AND I LOVE HIS VOICE AND AND OMG I-" Sa Rang turned into a complete fan girl and cleared before returning to normal.

 

"Yes, i do."

 

"I help him, i train his vocals."

 

"Yeah right... Oh yeah.. Lemme hear something then." 

 

Woohyun nodded before singing a snippet of Sunggyus latest song 60 seconds.

 

 

I sometimes walk and stop

I look around and our eyes meet

I quickly turned my head and stared at my feet, then i slowly loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter