I Need to Know More About You

The Way We Are

(the new poster made by ilovekpop! i put the other one too at the foreword, it's awesome! <3)

 

Dongwook waited in front of the apartment’s building and he occasionally glanced at his watch. Fifteen minutes passed by from 10 am and the person that he has been waiting for didn’t show up yet.

He made sure that he didn’t come to the wrong address. An hour before, the person texted him her address so he can pick her up. Dongwook intended to bring her out today somewhere because he felt kinda bored.

No, actually it wasn’t just because of boreness. He was sure the last time he met the girl, she was so attractive in his eyes. He knew a lot of girls at the party, but all he finally chose to talk to during the night was just her. They even danced! Last time Dongwook checked, he didn’t really like to be in touch with anonymous girls, but with that person, he admitted that that was so fine. Really fine that he couldn’t take his eyes off her. So, today he decided to get to know her better by taking her out.

“Oppa!”

Dongwook raised his head and a figure of tiny girl ran up toward him from the elevator. She wore a white casual dress and a peach knitted vest. Her piggy tails wiggled around while she was running. Never in his very eyes he saw an awfully adorable girl like her.

“Hi, Dara.” he greeted with a wide smile.

“Sorry, just finished my breakfast, hehehe.”

“Take it easy. I won’t let you starving during our day out. So... can we go now?”

“Sure, we can go now.”

They turned around towards the voice, and there was Jiyong walking casually like there’s nothing wrong. It was like a big question mark was attached on Dongwook’s forehead, wondering why his junior was there.

“Uh... ‘we’?” Dongwook raised his eyebrows with question.

“Yeah. The three of us. Dara, you, and I.” Jiyong pointed at both of them and himself to make his words clear.

Dara explained, “Um... Oppa, I think I forgot to tell you before. Jiyong really wants to join us because he doesn’t have any friend to go with. Poor him...”

Don’t have any friend? I can call anyone I want and bring them out everywhere I want, like, please, I’m the famous Jiyong! he murmured inside.

“And I thought that you guys are good friends from the basketball team, right? So I think it’s OK and you can get along with each other!” she continued. “You don’t mind, oppa?”

Of course Dongwook really minded that idea. “Dara, don’t you know where are we going?”

“No...?”

“I got two free tickets to a theme park, and I don’t think that Jiyong...”

“I can buy one more ticket after we get there.” Jiyong cut off. That’s it. Dongwook was so pissed off. He meant to go only with Dara, only the two of them, but why there had to be an “outsider” between them?

But he can’t say no to Dara right now. He just commented, “Well... if you really don’t have any friend and you want to go to theme park...”

“See? It’s not a problem, then. Let’s go!” Dara grinned.

Dongwook’s face looked unenthusiastic, while Jiyong was smirking slightly without anyone knowing.

 

Dara kept letting out heavy sighs from . Today was supposed to be the wonderful day that she had been dreaming about. Going out with her adorable prince was supposed to be fun and great, unless if there was a sneaky fox joining them (read: Jiyong). Anxiety haunted her, thinking if probably he’d do or say something stupid about her in front of Dongwook. She just wanted everything goes on well.

Jiyong, on the other side, didn’t enjoy this ride with them. If he wanted to, he’d choose to sleep all day long after last night party. But seeing Dongwook’s expression after he told that he wanted to go with them, he really couldn’t hide his smile. It must be fun to piss his hyung off, but he decided to do it ‘harmlessly’. Besides, Dara won’t contact him for two weeks if he did that blatantly.

And most of all, the reason why he joined the ‘date’ was because of his worries about Dara. Okay, Dongwook can be mentioned as his good friend, and he can trust him to take care of her, but it’s not that easy for Jiyong to let her go away without his protection. Dara is his... his what? Oh, his best friend.

Yeah, just a very close best friend that he has to always protect. He won’t interfere, he won’t interrupt, he won’t mess up—maybe a little bit is okay *kkk*, he’ll do nothing today but just watching Dara. Always watching Dara.

But if I caught him touching her—even just a little, I won’t hesitate to kill him with my bare hands.

“Hey, can I turn on the radio?” suddenly Dara spoke up.

Dongwook, still focusing his eyes on the road, then glanced a little at her and nodded. “Sure.”

Five seconds later, Dara kept tuning to find a perfect channel, but all she could hear was just about boring news, old songs, news, and so on.

“Give it to me.” Jiyong, from the backseat, reached toward the radio and tuned into a channel that was playing a good song. “Do you forget? We usually listen to it together.”

“Aaah, you’re right! Finally we found it!” Dara exclaimed, “Oppa, this channel is our favorite, they play good music from around the world! You have to listen sometimes.”

“Errr, okay.” was all Dongwook could say.

Jiyong laughed inside. He was sure that he could make Dongwook kinda irritated by doing Dara’s favorite thing—that Dongwook didn’t know. He didn’t know why, but he felt like having fun when he could make Dongwook weren’t able to do anything but keep silent.

And Jiyong wanted to burst into laughter because he was very sure that his senior couldn’t be angrier at him when he sang to one song on the radio with Dara. The song that they know but Dongwook didn’t.

 

After an hour ride, they finally could see the crowded and fancy buildings of the theme park in front of them. Dara, who was the most excited one, got out of the car first and ran and screamed, “Awww-yeaaaah!!!”

“Cut it off, stupid. We’re still at the main gate.” Jiyong shouted while walking away to the ticket box.

Dara pouted. “You don’t know what excitement is, huh?”

“Hey, what will you try first?” Dongwook patted her back, showing a warm smile.

Dara seemed confused. “Umm... maybe a roller coaster? Or a haunted house? Ooh, I saw there’s a ride where you will fall from 100 m height, I totally recommend that!”

He had sweatdrops. “Ng... can we try the ‘slow’ ones...”

“Come on, guys! What are you waiting for? Let’s try roller coaster as the beginning!!” Jiyong  hysterically showed up from behind then he grabbed Dara’s hand, running into the main gate.

“...first?” Dongwook just finished his sentence, then he lazily followed both of them.

 

“Holy sh*t, that was awesome!!!”

Dara wiped her sweaty face once three of them got out of the falling-from-100-m-height ride. She looked satisfied, and so did Jiyong. Both of them kept talking about how frightening, spectacular and scary the rides that they’ve tried before, but then Jiyong sensed something wobbling around inside his stomach.

“I need a restroom. You guys just wait here.” Jiyong rushed away after that.

Dara giggled and shouted, “I thought that you can’t feel sickness, huh?”

“I’m not feeling sick, you idiot!”

Hearing his reply made her laugh harder. But then her smile disappeared after seing Dongwook’s face. It seemed like he’s ready to go to the nearest hospital after all of his entrails got shaken for approximately an hour.

“Oppa, are you alright?” Dara looked worried.

“Just kinda dizzy.” he voiced weakly.

She quickly handed him a bottle of mineral water. “You have to drink something.”

And right when Dongwook was reaching the bottle, his hand touched hers. He felt Dara’s soft and smooth palm for a short moment, then he quickly drank up the bottle.

He glanced a little and all he got was Dara already staring at him.

Even he only got 5 seconds to gaze at those brown eyes, all the dizziness and hangovers he felt had diminished away.

“Thanks.” was all he could say.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know that you’re not used to try scary rides...” she sounds bitter.

“No, I’m the one who have to get used of your likings.” he curved a smile. “Hey, you wanna know something?”

“What is it?”

“Today I have learnt a lot about you. You are more that I’ve imagined before. As I spent half of the day with you, I realized that you’re much more than the girl I saw at the party last night, but... I just think that everything I’ve leant today is not enough.”

Dara tilted her head. “And... what does that mean?”

“I need to know more about you, Dara.”

 

 

SORRY GUYS I'M MISSING FOR BUNCH OF TIMES i know i'm such a pain in the huhuhu T____T the torture is over and I can breathe calmly now bcs finally I'm in my senior year of high school BUT it only goes for a while bcs... THE TORTURE 2.0 ver IS COMING lol and as a 12th year grade student, school will exploit all my strenghts, powers & time to face hardships such as exams, try-outs, and a test for entering university around May so we're preparing for it from now. Which means, I will have fewer time to finish this story T_T I'M SORRY GUYSSSS :(

But I'll keep trying to update as fast as possible, even though it'll be slower and slower, I'll do my best.

Thanks for reading and subscribing, I love you guys to the sun and back <3

See you!