Talking About First Love?

The Way We Are

 

 

“Ssantokki, what about this one?”

Bom came out from the fitting room, wearing a blue mini dress with halter neck style. It gave a vintage and elegant look on her curvy body. The ruffle details on the chest makes the dress became sweeter.

(by the way, Tiffany’s party is putting “blue” as its dresscode)

Dara, who was still busy picking blue dresses for her own, turned her face and gasped.

“This is really really better than before, it’s perfect! You’ll be the most eye-catching girl in the party!”

“You sure? But doesn’t it make my looking fat? I’m scared if boys are gonna avoid me because of that.” Bom turning around and observing her appearance in the mirror. Dara rolled her eyes for Bom’s 5th whining, after five times changing her dress. Actually, all of them were beautiful, but Bom was never really sure about her choices.

“Believe me, you won’t regret choosing that dress. Now, help me.” Both of Dara’s hands were holding two pieces of dress. “Which one?”

Bom staring at the dresses and pouting because of her friend's bad taste of fashion, “Come on! Can’t you just choose a simple one? You won’t come to the party as a 40 years old ahjumma, right? Those look so... exaggerating.”

Dara sighed, “That’s why I need your help! You really know that I never come to ‘real girls’ parties in my life, don’t you?”

“Yeah, and remember, you can’t go to Tiffany’s event with random clothes. And of course I don’t have to remind you what kind of people that’ll attend her party. They’ll make a miserable humiliation of your careless look.” Bom continued, “Well, my sweetie Ssantokki, let me show you how to pick good outfits for good!”

After searching, searching, and searching at the boutique for about thirty minutes, finally Dara walked out from the fitting room with a bright smile. So did Bom.

“Oh. My. God.” Bom spelled her admiration.

Dara wore a light turquoise tube-dress, exposing her soft, creamy skin. Even though the dress has no any decoration, ornament, or something—only enhanced with shimmering glitters—it looked so simply beautiful, lovely, and of course fit so well on Dara’s skinny body.

“I love this one.” Dara beamed brightly.

“I know, right! That dress will show perfectly the beauty of you! Omooo, you’re so damn gorgeous, I even envy you!” Bom pinched her cheeks. “You just have to add some accessories for your neck or maybe your wrist.”

Dara even couldn’t stop staring at her reflection from the mirror. Her eyes were like wandering of something. For the next seconds, she even blushed by herself.

“Ya, what kind of face is that?” Bom noticed there was something inside Dara’s mind, then she decided to , “Don’t worry, Dongwook oppa will find you attractive with that dress.”

Dara’s face became redder, “How do you know that I like him!?” she blurted out.

“Hahahaha, gotcha!” Bom shouted, “So, my Ssantokki is in love with Choi Dongwook! Ssantokki is in love with Choi Dongwook!”

“Ssssttt!” Dara quickly put her point finger on Bom’s lips.

Choi Dongwook is a senior, a year above Dara, Bom and Jiyong. Talking about Dongwook, if Jiyong is well-known as school’s prince, then Dongwook is the king. The difference is; Jiyong is an expert dangerous playboy, but Dongwook is a sweet charming calm angel. Never anyone heard about him being close with random girl. “Dongwook’s too difficult, too hard to get,” that’s the common opinion about him from every person at school.

“You don’t have to tell me, but I already know.” Bom smirked, “You’re so predictable about love, you know! So, is he your first love? Because I never heard you talking about boys before—well, except Jiyong, of course. Since when you got a crush on him?”

“Uuurrggh, can you just stop asking?”

“Okay, okay.” Bom giggled, but she didn’t stop talking. “Ooohh, so this is why you want to attend Tiffany’s party, because you were informed that Dongwook oppa will come too!  Aaand, because I really know that you are that type of girl who will never come to a party. You and your oh-so-called-best-friend Jiyong would rather stay at home and watch old movies, eating buckets of ice cream without worrying about getting fat!”

Dara chuckled, then she just let out a sigh, “Please, don’t tell anyone about this, okay?”

“Sure. I bet you only tell this to me and Jiyong.”

But Dara shook her head, “No, you’re the first one who finally found out.”

“Huh? I thought that you tell everything to Jiyong.”

“Not about my love story. I mean, I never tell him about which guy I like, and which guy I have crush on, because I never literally felt it before!”

Bom surprised, “Geez, were you lesbian?”

“Holy God, no, Bommie, no.” Dara laughed hard. “I know I’m 17 and it’s totally strange because I never liked someone... the way I feel toward Dongwook oppa now.”

“Aaaaww...”

“Yes, it’s true!”

Dara realized she did some changed on herself. She started to hang out with the girls from her school—things that she barely did because she spent most of her times with Jiyong—and she still remember she bought make up and high heels last week. She began to watch carefully her own behavior, the way she walks, sits, speaks, eats, and more. She took more time to take a shower, so it made her late to arrive at school.

And, Dara even had a thought to do a diet, but she was so doubtful to do it, remembering her habit of eating.

Dara didn’t know why she did it all, while Dongwook oppa didn’t even know her. All her sacrifices won’t be noticed by him, sadly.

Well, they say, people who fall in love will do stupid things. Maybe what Dara did these days were included in stupid things.

 “Well, then, fighting for your first love, Ssantokki! I’m sure you’re gonna make it one time!” Bom raised her fists in the air, followed by Dara.

“Yeah, fighting!”

“But, are you not going to tell Jiyong about this? Maybe he can help you. Besides, he is your very close friend.”

“I’m just not ready yet, Bom. I... you know, I’m a little bit nervous because talking about love with Jiyong isn’t a usual thing for us. Yeah, except for him, he always talks about girls with me.”

“Then why don’t you?”

“I promise I’ll tell him someday, but not today.”

Jiyong is her only best friend—Bom too, but actually she’s not as close as her friendship with Jiyong. Okay, they share a lot of things and Dara always tells him everything, but deep inside her heart, she just felt wrong to speak up about her first love. She still feels afraid to talk about her crush. Not really into afraid, but... shy. She’s just shy.

It’s even unexplainable for herself. First love... is such a new thing for her. She just found out how it feels like to have a feeling when you want to see the one you like almost everyday. How happy it is when your crush says “hi,” even just a short greetings. How hard you try to get your crush’s attention. And how wonderful it is if one day you can make a little conversation with him, then you can feel those butterflies in your stomach.

And Dara didn’t know why, but it feels strange to describe that feeling with Jiyong.

Maybe she can be easy if she talks about movies, TV shows, cartoons, gossips, foods, books, or else with Jiyong. But, talking about first love? Dara has to think 1000 times to do it.

Maybe she started to learn, that there are some particular stuffs she can’t talk to him—or boys.

 

 

AHAHAHAHA say HI to SE7EN OPPA!!!!

I know he enlisted to army, but it's ok if he showed up as a crucial role in this story :p

he's a nice person, but sadly I think Jiyong will hate him because he takes Dara's attention away from our poor Jiyong! kkkk~

by the way, tomorrow is the first day of my mid-term exam, so wish me luck for the exam! :-D

it makes me happier, seeing the amount of subscribers are increasing, and I do really appreciate it :-)

well, thanks for reading and subscribing! don't forget to comment too, i'll be waiting for your thoughts about this fic...

see you later (^o^)/