Knowledge

Stupid Love

Changmin had gone to his room, not wanting to really listen or reply to their words. Nothing could have been done. At least, that's what he thought. The other four, Yoochun, Yunho, Junsu and Jaejoong simply lingered in the living room of the gloomy apartment, unsure of what to do or say. The situation was so incredible that they were practically speechless.

"What... What could we do?" Jaejoong asked as the silence pricked his skin, hesitant to say anything. The room seemed to have gone cold, numbing him to the bone.

"There's nothing, really... The only way to solve this problem is money, and none of us have enough of that." Yunho stated with his hands clasped together as his knuckles tured white, staring at the floor to try and think of a solution. Yoochun shook his head, body shaking just slightly as Junsu's hand rubbed his back comfortingly. What was there to do?

"But we can't just let Changmin stay like this, that person-" Yoochun was cut off by a female voice, one that sounded so familiar and full of worry that the men were silenced.

"Cho Kyuhyun was a person Changmin thrived next to. Just the mentioning of is name made Changmin smile. There was no goal for Changmin except to be happy. With Kyuhyun. Whatever Cho Kyuhyun wanted, Changmin wanted. Whatever Cho Kyuhyun loved, Changmin loved. Of course, there are a couple exceptions. The point is that the two of them were so similar, it was uncanny. And no, Changmin was not hopelessly in love, it was just that seeing Kyuhyun happy was enough for him." The men stared at the female figure, noticing how her words shook as she spoke. Changmin's sister. Shim Miyoung. But since she disliked that name, she replaced it with 'Tiffany'. 

"..." They were quiet as Tiffany took a couple steps forward from the doorway, footsteps echoing through the room.

"Changmin's world was built with Kyuhyun's support, and all of a sudden, that support was ripped away from him. His whole world is collapsing. I don't know what to do, but you have to get Kyuhyun back to him. Otherwise, Changmin won't be the same." Tiffany's words were soft, and just a little depressing, so much different from her usually bright and bubbly tone of speech.

"Why are you here?" Junsu questioned, unsure of why Tiffany was standing in front of them. Her home, Changmin's home, was at least two hours away from their current location. Tiffany bit her lower lip, staring at the wooden floor.

"I came to visit, but I realised the door was unlocked and decided to spy until something interesting happened. But this... this is not what I expected, nor what I wanted." Tiffany whisptered through the chilling silence. The other four stared, curiosity beaming in their eyes.

"You knew about this? Since when?" Jaejoong asked. He knew that the debt on the Shim family was common information between them, but he didn't think that he knew of the situation between Changmin and Kyuhyun.

"I'm Changmin's sister, there's no way I wouldn't know." Tiffany muttered, giving a trembling smile.

"Just... Just how important is Cho Kyuhyun to Changmin?" Yoochun questioned anxiously, wanting to know the degree of importance Kyuhyun had on Changmin.

"I just told you, Cho Kyuhyun was a person Changmin thrived next to. You will never find Changmin smile as brightly next to anyone except Kyuhyun. Life was hard growing up, you know, especially for Changmin who was the eldest. While our parents worked, he had to take care of us and deal with the issues most teens didn't have to. Kyuhyun was there to help him though, through everything, which is why Kyuhyun's become so precious. Changmin depends on Kyuhyun, just like the air. Or perhaps even more." Tiffany explained, the other four nodding along with her words with slightly shocked expressions.

"Why wasn't Changmin like that after he broke up with Kyuhyun?" Yunho then questioned, Tiffany let a defeated sigh escape her lips.

"Because there was still a chance to get Kyuhyun back, but now there's not. At least, not unless we do something." Tiffany stated, the determination seeping through her words.

"What is there to do?" Junsu asked, clearing doubting that they were able to do anything. Tiffany looked to the floor sadly, shrugging lightly.

"I can tell you what I know, but I don't know what to do." Tiffany replied, causing Yunho to look up.

"Tell us about Kim Kibum." Yunho spoke, though words were somewhat demanding, voice was showing more of a plead.

"...Kim Kibum is the son of a loan shark, like Changmin told you. Though he did take Kyuhyun away, Kibum isn't... he's not a bad person. He's just misunderstood." Tiffany answered, not able to find herself hating Kibum. He didn't deserve it. Yoochun's breath hitched, shaking his headd at those words, feeling confused.

"Misunderstood? How? How's he not a bad person?" Asked Yoochun in an accusing way, Tiffany wasn't offended.

"Kibum's in love with Kyuhyun, and for love, people go insane. They willingly become obsessive. Honestly, Changmin and Kibum were best friends before this whole situation started. It's a pity, really, since the friendship was so strong." Tiffany uttered, voice dreamily trailing off. Jaejoong bit his lower lip.

"Just love...?" Questioned Jaejoong, wondering for the truth. Tiffany gave a simple nod.

"Like I said, it makes people go insane. Look at Changmin." Tiffany spoke, causing a somewhat dramatic silence in the room.

"...What could we do?" Yunho asked once again, Tiffany looked to the ceiling if she could think of anything.

"Well, reasoning could be something to do, but I don't think it'll work. Kyuhyun is that light, and he makes people shine. That's why so many people love him. And you know, being rich, friends can't be trusted. You can't ever know whether they actually like you, or whether they just want the money. One day, when Kibum returned to his home to see his friends taking things from his room, stealing, Kibum just locked decided to lock everyone out of his heart. It wasn't the first time it happened, but Kibum just got sick of it at that moment." Tiffany told, the other four beginning to feel sympathetic for Kim Kibum. They weren't rich, so none of them were really sure of what they'd feel, but the strong sense of betrayal was lingering.

"Why didn't the same thing happen to Kyuhyun and Changmin?" Junsu asked out of curiosity, wondering why Kibum just didn't close Changmin and Kyuhyun away from himself as well.

"When Kyuhyun met Kibum, they didn't know a thing about each other except they lived in the same area of South Korea. When they met, it was through online gaming, which is something both Changmin and Kyuhyun are crazy about. They talked online, and they got along really well, so the three of them agreed to meet up in real life after a couple months. They grew close, slowly finding out more about each other. Though Kibum had a strong friendship with both of them, he was especially close and trusting of Kyuhyun." Tiffany continued to speak, the other four gave a confused stare.

"Why?" They asked in an uncanny union, Tiffany stared into the blurry distance before speaking once again. Her heart was beating uncontrollably, and not in a good way.

"Because Kyuhyun was the same. Almost. His father is one of the richest people in Korea, owning all sorts of buildings and schools across Asia. His mother's the same. Since Kyuhyun already had money, he didn't need Kibum's. Thus, everything Kyuhyun did for him was out of genuine fondness and care. Kibum realised that, and so, he grew to trust Kyuhyun a little more than Changmin." Tiffany explained, the others felt shock. Yoochun gave a serious look.

"If... If Kyuhyun is as rich as Kibum, and cares for Changmin, why doesn't he pay it back? If Kyuhyun loves Changmin so strongly, why-" Yoochun was cut off by Tiffany's distressed look.

"Kyuhyun doesn't contact his parents anymore. Despite his prestigious background, he lives on a working salary, like the rest of us." Tiffany answered, causing the tension in the room to rise.

"...Why doesn't he contact his parents?" Junsu asked with concern in his voice, Tiffany's lower lip quivered.

"They don't want anything to do with him, because Kyuhyun doesn't want to follow their planned future for him." Tiffany stated with a sorrowful expression, the others raised a brow.

"Planned future?" Jaejoong asked, knowing what Tiffany was talking about but wanting to make sure.

"For Kyuhyun, his parents had set it out perfectly. Send Kyuhyun to law school after graduation, find him a pretty girl to marry, arrange who, where and when people would attend their wedding, have a happy ending with their prestigious boy and grow watching him age." Tiffany said form the top of her head, the others were surprised .

"...So..." Yunho trailed off, allowing the information to echo through his head.

"Kyuhyun didn't want to go law school, and he didn't want to marry some girl. His dream was to become a singer and spend the rest of his life with Changmin. Kyuhyun's parents didn't agree with his plans, but Kyuhyun wasn't going to give them up, so they threw him out before graduation. It didn't matter though, he found a place to stay." Tiffany murmured as a nostalgic smile made its way onto her lips.

"Where?" Jaejoong questioned, Tiffany quickly turned to the elder.

"Isn't it obvious? Changmin's house." Tiffany replied, causing a realisation to run through everyone's head.

"Let's make a plan. We could try talking to Kibum, or perhaps Kyuhyun. We could get him to try and leave Kibum." Yoochun suggested, but Tiffany gave s disapproving expression as she shook her head.

"He won't. As long as there's a debt, Kyuhyun's going to stay by Kibum's side. There's only one way to get Kyuhyun to leave. The wedding's in about 3 months. Get enough money, pay Kibum back, then Kyuhyun will leave." Tiffany said, only thinking of a solution at that moment in time. The other four looked at each other.

"Can we borrow money from the bank?" Junsu questioned, causing Jaejoong to fist up his hands until his knuckles turned white. Yunho quickly noticed, giving a calming look before turning back to Junsu.

"We can't, as if they'd let us. We're street rats. We don't have the type of history to borrow such an amount." Yunho muttered as his words pierced their hearts. He was right.

The area they lived wasn't for the 'rich', and it really wasn't really safe either. There were robberies around the place, though, Yoochun, Yunho, Jaejoong and Junsu lived in one of the 'wealthier' buildings, but it was still considered pretty cheap. There weren't any banks around the area, the closest one was probably a hour away. And with their family history of being less than poor documented, there was no way they'd be allowed to even enter the place, let alone borrow money.

"...Well..." The others hummed as they bit their lips, Tiffany felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

"i need to go now, see you guys later." Tiffany said abruptly, causing surprise to enter the room. Tiffany quickly ran out, somewhat uncharacteristically when considering how she usual was. Tiffany quickly put on her shoes, running out the door and slamming it shut. The four stared at each other, deciding whether to follow her or not. Suddenly, they heard Tiffany's voice from outside, she was talking on the phone it seemed.

"Did you try? Did you? What else? Tell me."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's annoying how I have more energy at night and less energy during the day. I have to get some sleep! >_< Did you enjoy the chapter?~ ^^