Facts

Stupid Love

A silence entered the room, or perhaps it was already there. Changmin stood there simply, unmoving, eyes glazing over the other four with clear anger, but no hate. 

"C-Changmin." They stuttered in union. Changmin let out a light growl, approaching closer with silent steps, unafraid. Junsu, Yunho, Jaejoong and Yoochun gave a somewhat 'scared' look, unsure what do.

"Answer the question: Why the hell are you on my laptop?" Changmin repeated, his voice sounding different from what the four had ever heard. The roughness was obvious, the way he coughed after was speaking giving away his previous actions.

"W-We were just..." Junsu trailed off, unsure of what to say. Changmin directed his glare to the other.

"Prying into my personal life? Why are you looking through my videos? And out of curiosity, why that video?" Changmin continued on, not bothering to really listen to Junsu's words. They were basically meaningless now anyway.

"We... We just wanted to know why you were sad.. that's all..." Jaejoong added hesitantly, Changmin simply shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"And that's why you went on my laptop?" Changmin questioned with anger, his voice used in an accusing way. The other four were hesitant to move, looking at each other for a solution.

"W-We're sorry." Yunho said, trying to calm down the younger. Changmin shook his head at the words.

"Yes, 'sorry' makes up for a lot of things. You should know, touch my laptop and I'll never forgive you." Changmin stated with another hiss. Yoochun gulped silently before staring at the maknae, hesitant eyes.

"...Changmin, who is Cho Kyuhyun?" Yoochun asked, attemptng to ignore Changmin's powerful stare. The maknae scoffed as he looked away, the other four noticed. Once the name 'Cho Kyuhyun' was brought up, Changmin's eyes began to fade to a dull, sullen colour. It was much different from the angry look Changmin had in his eyes before.

"You saw the video, you're looking through my photos, why don't you tell me?" Changmin questioned back with a thinning hiss, his voice becoming quieter and more fragile.

"Um... Well..." Junsu hummed, Changmin sighed as he ruffled his own hair. His eyes became moist once again, but no tears fell.

"Cho Kyuhyun is the most selfless bastard who has ever lived in the history of the world. That is who he is." Changmin stated, voice becoming warm. The other four widened their eyes.

"Selfless?" Yunho questioned in confusion, a withering smile crawled its way onto Changmin's lips.

"That's right. Like I said, he's a selfless bastard. Just a stupid and naive soul that's too loving for his own good. He does things for others, but nothing for himself. Cho Kyuhyun is the most irritating person I've ever known." Changmin repeated, adding on. His eyes fell solemnly onto the floor, the smile of Changmin's lips still managing to survive.

"Huh?" The others questioned in union, Changmin sighed, sitting on the floor. His head was hurting.

"He's my ex." Changmin stated. Yoochun, Jaejoong, Junsu and Yunho weren't shocked by those words, but somehow, they weren't expecting it either.

"Why... Why did you come home crying? Did he break up with you or something?" Jaejoong asked in his usual, concerned manner. Changmin scoffed shook his head, sighing heavily.

"No. He broke up with me a year ago, but I'm just still hung over him." Changmin replied.

"..." The room was stunned into silence. They honestly never thought that their maknae, Shim Changmin, would have had such a strong attachment to someone else.

"After we broke up, we stayed friends. We were still each other's best friend, no matter what others thought. Today though, he told me that he was planning to marry another man." Changmin continued on, causing the four to widen their eyes even more. Kyuhyun was the same age as Changmin, and their maknae was only 21. How could such a choice be made.

"...Sorry." Yoochun whispered, unsure of whether or not he should have asked.

"I dated him for six years, and he was my best friend for one year after that. He's taken up a third of my life, what do you expect me to do? I'm not going to forget him any time soon." Changmin muttered, a silent groan escaping his lips.

"Why... Why did you hide this from us?" Yoochun asked with uncertainty, Changmin simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Rather than hiding, you just never noticed. I wasn't obvious, but I wasn't secretive. When Kyuhyun broke up with me though, I decided to not let you know. Reason being was... well, there was no point anymore. He became a friend, and you know that I have other people who I hang out with. He just became one of them." Changmin explained, causing an understanding to appear. Though, Junsu was still confused to some extent.

"You called him... a 'selfless' bastard. You said he's too stupid, loving and naive for his own good. And you said he doesn't think of himself." Junsu mumbled to himself, Changmin's withering smile returned.

"Yeah, and it's completely true." Changmin stated, another sigh escaping his lips. Jaejoong frowned in disapproval.

"...How can you say such words about your ex, even though he left you? How was leaving you selfless? How was he too loving for his own good if you're abandoned? How-" Jaejoong was cut off by Changmin's sharp glare.

"Kyuhyun never abandoned me." Changmin hissed, Jaejoong was shocked by the words. Yunho tilted his head, unsure. Was Changmin that attached, or was he simply becoming obsessive?

"He broke up with you." Yunho stated, Changmin looked to the floor.

"He never wanted to." Changmin replied. Those words caused the atmosphere to turn as cold as ice.

"...What?" Yoochun muttered, Changmin ruffled his own hair.

"From what I know, from the way he acts, I'm sure Kyuhyun still loves me." Changmin spoke in a 'matter-of-fact' way. The others shook with even more confusion than before.

"Then... why is he getting married to someone else?" Junsu asked, Changmin's face gave a cold expression as he closed his eyes.

"It... It's complicated, you wouldn't understand, so don't worry about it." Changmin stated with hesitant, standing up from his former position. The stress was coming back, but at least, he was now coping with it.

"Changmin, tell us, please, we can help you." Jaejoong said, Changmin shook his head.

"No you can't." Changmin replied with certainty, Yunho glanced at the maknae.

"We can, just tell us-" Yunho was cut off.

"Give me $19, 546 dollars. Can you give that to me? If not, then you can't help me." Changmin growled, the other four widened their eyes at those words. None of them had that kind of money. It was so much.

"Why do you need that money?" Yoochun asked, Changmin looked away with a little shame.

"At the moment, Kyuhyun is basically a trading tool. If you didn't know, my family owe a huge debt to another family. They're basically loan sharks. We've paid it off little by little, the amount of money I give each month written on that note. Though, my mother's fallen sick, and we are no longer able to pay them due to it being spent on hospital fees. The point is, if we don't give the at least $1200 each month, then we'll get into trouble. Legal troubles. The debt collector is always at the doorstep, and they're not afraid of taking us to court. What's worse is that they charge interest, a high rate. Each month a couple hundred dollars is added." Changmin explained, the other four feeling shocked on the inside. Although they knew that changmin was not the richest boy on the block, they didn't think he would be involved in such a situation.

"And how does this connect to Kyuhyun?" Jaejoong asked, seeing Changmin's hand slowly ball up as his knuckles turned white.

"...The son of the family, Kim Kibum, met Kyuhyun through online gaming. They played with each other often, and decided to meet in real life. Kibum... he fell in love with Kyuhyun, and made him an offer using my name after finding out we were dating." Changmin whispered, Yunho's eyes thinned.

"What offer?" Yunho questioned with slight curiosity, Changmin bit his lower lip.

"Basically, he told Kyuhyun that if he broke up with me and go out with him instead. There will be no interest added to what I owe, and that I don't need to pay every month. That's what he said." Changmin went on, body shaking with anger. He couldn't stand it. The thoughts were hurting him.

"...So..." Yoochun whispered, feeling pained over the maknae's situation. He had no idea.

"/kyuhyun already knew my circumstance, and being the way he was, agreed without a second though. He just wanted to help .It's been like this for the whole year, but it's not the same. I've been trying to pay every month like before, so when the debt is paid off, Kyuhyun can leave him. But now... I guess it's too late." Changmin mumbled, feeling defeated on the inside. Jaejoong looked up, giving hopeful eyes.

"What if... is there any way to help?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dandandan.... plot revealed...~ ^^ What do you think's going to happen? Wonder how TVXQ's going to help... any ideas?~ P.S. I nearly lost this chapter, damn my new laptop which I still can't use properly!