Phone call

Stupid Love

Kyuhyun sat down and leaned his back onto the street light which was brightly shining above him. Kibum had called him twice, and Kyuhyun couldn't bear to pick it up. Though, after realising his current situation, which was lost at night and scared, Kyuhyun decided to call Kibum back. It did hurt, having to phone Kibum, who he just agreed to marry for benefit of another family, than Changmin, a person who he genuinely loved and cared for.No, it wasn't that Kyuhyun didn't love or care for Kibum, because deep down inside the maknae knew, Kibum needed the love anyway. It was just that Kyuhyun didn't want to have to depend on a Kibum in such a desperate way, as he had honestly only ever depended on Changmin.

"Hello?" Kyuhyun spoke, voice just a little timid, shaking to some extent as the phone pressed against his cheek. The growl of a dog, accompanied by a bark, caused him to jump slightly, shaking his head to wipe clean the images of ghosts and other scary things.

"Hello?" Replied the voice, Kibum's voice. It didn't sound like Changmin's. It wasn't as smooth, and it didn't shake Kyuhyun to the core. There was no warmth in Kibum's voice, or at least, there was no warmth like Changmin's. Kyuhyun did feel affection and care in the way Kibum spoke, but it was nothing like Changmin's. It didn't have the same emotions, or the same feelings. But perhaps, it was just because Kyuhyun wasn't completely used to it yet, despite a whole year passing.

"Kibum." Kyuhyun whispered, trying not to sound too vulnerable. He really shouldn't have watched all those horror movies to forget about Changmin, because throughout the whole thing, his other lover was always lingering on his mind. A cold wind shook his body, chilling the maknae to the bone. 

"Kyuhyunnie." Kibum called, Kyuhyun bit his lip to mute the quiet whimper. It was usually Changmin who said that, and it was much more lovingly than the way Kibum said it. Usually when Changmin said it, his name sounded husky, just like silk. And Kibum said his name, despite the candle flame which burned, it sounded rougher. The texture was jagged, and Kyuhyun honestly wasn't fond of it.

"Could you come and pick me up?" Kyuhyun questioned with hesitance, knowing that Kibum was going to say yes, but felt anxious anyway.

"Sure, where are you?" Kibum asked, the sound of an engine roaring heard. Although he tried to contain and suppress it, a little smile crawled to Kyuhyun's lips. Kibum honestly did care, and Kyuhyun was trying to appreciate that. They were engaged after all.

"I have no idea." Kyuhyun answered, honestly not knowing where he was. He had run and run, not looking back or considering the possibility of getting lost.

"...Why? What happened?" Kibum questioned, Kyuhyun wasn't going to tell him the real story. He wasn't going to say, 'I met my ex-boyfriend's friends, you know, Changmin's room mates. I was crying about our marriage and the fact that I still love my ex, and when they said they knew Changmin after one of them started a conversation with me, I got scared and ran'.

"I was sitting on a bench, then I got bored and decided to go for a run. But I don't know where I am now." Kyuhyun stated simply, hoping that Kibum wouldn't ask any other questions. He honestly wasn't in the mood to answer anything else.

"Just stay where you are. Can you describe to me the place?" Kibum asked, causing Kyuhyun to stand on his two feet and look around the area to spot any details illuminated by the lights standing on the street.

"It's down a street, but I can't see the name of it anywhere. There are three street lights, and they're a kind of yellowish colour." Kyuhyun muttered, hand placed on the cold pole as he took a couple steps in various directions.

"How'd you get there? Where were you before?" Kibum continued to question, causing the younger to bite his lower lip and think for a couple seconds.

"I was at that small grocery store near the park. Then I started running towards the library and turned right. I then continued on into a small street." Kyuhyun explained, trying to recall what else he did. Suddenly though, a black car, or more like a limousine, approached him with bright lights before stopping. Kyuhyun dropped the phone from his cheeks, but not before hearing the call disconnect.

A man came out of the car, directing Kyuhyun towards the back and opening the door for him. There revealed Kibum, sitting there with a phone in his hands. Kibum gave Kyuhyun a light smile, and Kyuhyun returned it. Kibum's hands gently tugged on Kyuhyun's, telling him to sit down. Kyuhyun couldn't have helped but think that Kibum's hands felt different than Changmin's, despite trying to push his other lover's thoughts out of his head. 

Kibum eyed Kyuhyun, seeing the tear stains on Kyuhyun's cheeks.

"Are you still hurt?" Kibum asked, causing Kyuhyun to flinch. The younger paused, staring as if he weren't sure how to react. Kyuhyun knew that the honest answer was 'yes', but he didn't want to say it. And Kibum knew. Slowly, the pulled Kyuhyun into the limousine, the man shutting the door after him. 

"...I..." Kyuhyun wasn't able to say anything, unsure of the whole situation. He tried to find the words, but nothing would have fit without sounding offensive. Kibum turned to the other, taking a hold of Kyuhyun's hands before looking out the window and giving a crumbling smile.

"Don't worry, I know." Kibum whispered, causing Kyuhyun to turn to him. Kyuhyun bit his lip. He didn't want to cause Kibum pain, because in his mind, Kibum didn't deserve it. Kibum continued to look away, seeing the younger's reflection from the window. Kyuhyun was one of the only people to care about him, and not just for the sake of money. Despite the haunting memory of when him, Changmin and Kyuhyun would go out and have fun was lingering on his mind, and despite knowing that he had purposely destroyed someone else's happiness, Kibum smiled. 

Kibum wasn't going to return Kyuhyun.

Yet.

------------------------------------

I'm trying so hard to do my homework, but fanfiction was calling me... When motivation hits, I try to take full advantage of it.~ Did you like this chapter? ^^