Prologue: Picture

Stupid Love

It was just a regular day for these university students, especially for a certain group of boys simply hanging out together. The dorm was loud, as it usually was. Jung Yunho, Park Yoochun, Kim Junsu and Kim Jaejoong were studying for their university exams. How a group of four boys could have been so harmonious together? I have no idea. Although, the feeling was disrupted when their maknae,Shim  Changmin, burst through the door and slammed it closed. They all turned to stare, only seeing Changmin's eyes filled with rage and sorrow. His eyes were teary. Changmin never cried.

"C-Changmin?" Jaejoong began, wondering what on Earth was wrong. Changmin didn't reply as he took of his shoes.

"What's wrong?" Yunho questioned, wanting a response. Changmin simply walked across the room after taking off his jacket and putting it on the coat hanger.

"Changmin-" Yoochun stood up, grabbing the younger's shoulder. The elder's eyes widened as Changmin pulled his arm away.

"Don't. Touch. Me." Changmin stated in an acid tone, quickly heading towards his room and slamming the door. The four stared in surprise. Junsu then noticed something, a piece of paper which had fallen out of Changmin's bag. He went to pick it up, and his eyes widened.

A picture of a boy.

"Hey, look at this." Junsu mumbled, he couldn't take his eyes of the picture. The boy in the picture was smiling brightly, not even looking directly at the camera. His skin was rather pale, his eyes shining brightly. He was pretty in some sense, Junsu wondered who it was.

"What is it? Junsu?" Jaejoong questioned, quickly coming towards Junsu's side. His eyes widened at the picture.

"A picture, it fell out of Changmin's bag." Junsu replied, then passing it for Yoochun and Yunho to see.

"Ah! This is- This is..." Yunho simply stared for a second.

"You recognise him?" Yoochun asked as he raised a brow, Yunho nodded, as did Jaejoong.

"Yeah, he goes to our university as well. He's that super smart kid who skipped like 2 years of schooling. His name is Cho Kyuhyun." Jaejoong told the others.

"He's kind of like Changmin?" Junsu asked, Yunho thought for a bit. He hadn't had many encounters with Kyuhyun, but when he did, they were always short.

"Yeah." Yunho muttered quietly, still staring at the photo.

"...Why would Changmin have a picture of him?" Yoochun asked, the rest shrugged.

"I don't know." Jaejoong replied.

"Should we... ask?" Junsu asked the others hesitantly, a silent hum was released.

"...I think it's better not to." Yunho said.

"Huh? Why?" Yoochun questioned, wanting to ask their maknae.

"Well, that look in Changmin's eyes when he came in... I think... it's better not to interfere. Not now anyway. We'll wait until tomorrow, and if Changmin's in a better mood, we'll ask him." Yunho spoke, the others nodded.

"Wait, tell me something about him. Cho Kyuhyun I mean." Junsu said, Jaejoong looked down and hummed.

"...I don't really talk to him, but when we do meet, he always bows and smiles. Rather polite child, raised in a well of family. He's a little introvert though, he prefers to hang out by himself. Although, if you do spend time with him, he's usually friendly. Quiet, but friendly." Jaejoong said, trying to remember the instances in which he spoke to Kyuhyun.

"Huh..." Yoochun hummed.

"Should we ask Kyuhyun instead?" Junsu asked, Jaejoong turned to him.

"What? No. What if Kyuhyun doesn't know? What if it's just an accident that Changmin has Kyuhyun's photo? What if Kyuhyun doesn't even know Changmin?" Jaejoong questioned, causing the other to lower his head and nod. Yunho thought quietly, finally speaking.

"We'll ask Changmin tomorrow, don't worry about it."

"What do we do about the picture?"

"...Keep it, we might need it for something."

--------------------------------------------

Hey... Can somebody tell me what College is and what University is? I don't have middle school in Australia. After primary school (or as other people say, 'Elementary'), we go straight to high school. Or, as my high school calls it, 'college'. After watching all those movies, it says that College is not high school, but something after graduating high school. For me, College is University. I think so anyway. Can someone explain?~ ^^