Chapter Two: Banana Milk

The Adorable Adventures of Lee Tae Min ~

The morning rays of the Seoul sunrise began pour into the bedroom holding three. Jonghyun had moved from holding the other two boys, to laying on his back, snoring quietly. Kibum still held Taemin beside him, but a little looser than before. Taemin had snuggled up even further next to Kibum, smiling at the new-found warmth. Jonghyun felt the sunlight pulling his eyelids up, and lazily opened one eye. He saw that it was daylight, and yawned himself more awake.

“Kibum? You awake?” Jonghyun asked in a soft voice, careful not to wake them if they were sleeping.

“Yeah. Taemin is still sleeping though.” Kibum said, slipping away from the small boys grasp.

“Wanna go make him breakfast while I get our clothes out?” Jonghyun asked.

“Sure, take out some of your younger brother’s clothes too. From the box of stuff that he always leaves here.”

“Why?”

Kibum eyed him, obviously annoyed.

"Because, Taemin can't go outside in those. I'm taking him with us. We can tell boss that we can't go to work for today, and then leave. I want to get some things, and we need to work out the adoption papers."

"Ah, right. Adoption papers. I'll just call Hansung, and tell him, okay?"

"At lease send him a video message or something." Kibum said jokingly.

"Why?"

"You ask too many question Jongie. So he can see Taemin, and knows we aren't lying just to stay home with each other like before." Kibum said, laughing quietly.

"That was a fun day, you have to admit." Jonghyun said with a seductive wink.

"You are a dirty ert." Kibum playfully huffed as he walked right out of the room, full diva-mode on.

"I love it when you go all diva on me."

"I can slap like one too, so don't push it, puppy." Kibum said as he starting taking out packets for oatmeal and a bag of sliced bread. Oatmeal and buttered toast; who doesn't like that?

Jonghyun finished laying out the clothes and went to the bathroom to shower as Kibum was finishing the food.

"I should go get the mail." Kibum said to himself, and walked to the door. He opened it and walked out a couple feet, looking for the mail box.

"Ah, more bills, how lovely." he said sarcastically.

"Umma! Appa!" Kibum jumped when he heard Taemin cry from the bedroom. He ran back inside, dropping all the envelopes. He saw Jonghyun run out the bathroom, a towel sloppily wrapped around his waist.

"What's wrong?" he asked, turning towards the bedroom. Kibum followed him and ran into the bedroom. They saw the seven year old, laying on the ground, tears staining his pretty cheeks as he cried for Kibum and Jonghyun loudly.

"Minnie! What's the matter?" Kibum cried as he ran over to Taemin, and took him in his arms.

"I thought that you left me alone, just like before. I thought I would have to leave and be alone again." Taemin managed to say between sniffles and tears.

"Oh, Minnie... We would never do that to you. We love you far too much to just leave you. Look, Appa just went to go take a shower and Umma went to go get the mail. We didn't leave, okay?" Kibum tried his very best to reassure the boy sobbing in his embrace.

"Where's Appa?" Taemin asked, trying to get himself under control by now.

"Right here, Minnie." Jonghyun said, walking closer to the boy, still only wrapped in a towel.

"Appa!" Taemin cried for Jonghyun as much as he cried for his Umma.

"Get over here, Jonghyun." Kibum said, motioning his husband over. Jonghyun ran over, and took Taemin in his arms. He cried and snuggled up against Jonghyun, not planning on letting go.

"I'll go call Hansung, okay?" Kibum mouthed as he got up and walked over to the phone on their bedside table. He dialed the number quickly, and tapped his foot impatiently.

"Hello?"  

"Hansung-ah?"

"Kibum? Hey, what's up? Is something wrong?"

"Well, sort of. Jonghyun and I can't make it to work today."

"Are you lying about not being able to make it because you want to do it all day long?"

"No. We kind of... We have a son now."

"Whoa! Really? No way! Since when? What happened?"

"The poor kid... He was beaten by a wasted drunk and his bum of a wife, and they up and left, leaving the little kid to fend for himself. He struggled to get around, managed to find our apartment, and just simply, knocked on our door. When I saw him, his face was covered in dried blood, and he was covered in dirt. I cleaned him up, fed him, and comforted him. He's adorable. He's the nicest, sweetest, most caring boy in the entire universe. He messes up his words and loves cute nicknames. Oh, I just love him more than anything in the whole world."

"More than Jonghyun?"

"Almost. We are going out to buy a car seat, clothes, you know, the essentials. We also have to deal with the adoption papers. I'm sorry, I know today is a busy day."

"Don't be! After all that poor thing's been through, I shouldn't take away his new parents just to make a meeting. Don't worry. Could you send me a picture of him, so that the boss won't be suspicious?"

"Of course. Give me five minutes."

"Okay, sure."

Kibum hung up, and walked over to Taemin.

"Minnie? Are you feeling better?"

"Yup! Much better! Appa sang to me."

"Did he?" Kibum gave Jonghyun a "You are so singing to me later" face before looking back at Taemin.

"Taemin, do you like pictures?

"Taemin loves pictures!" he giggled at his third-person joke.

"Do you want me to take one of you and Appa?"

"Just me! Appa too ugly to be in a picture with me." Taemin said, sticking out his tongue to Jonghyun before getting off him, and standing in front of Kibum, waving around a peace sign and a big, toothy smile. Jonghyun broke into laughter at the teasing insult.

"Appa's not that ugly, is he?" Kibum asked Taemin.

"No, he's pretty enough to get Umma, so he's good." Taemin said, still smiling at Kibum snapped a couple photos.

"That's right, Taemin. Only the best can win your Umma's heart." Kibum nodded his head in agreement with the youngest, and sent the pictures off to Hansung.

After Jonghyun had composed himself again, and got some clothes on, Kibum brought Taemin his breakfast. Taemin dug right in, but was shoveling everything down quite fast.

"Minnie! Slow down! You'll get indigestion." Kibum warned. Taemin nodded, and slowed down, but still every dish clean. He was finishing off his cup of banana milk that he now adored when Jonghyun re-entered the room.

"Where's my breakfast? Are you neglecting your own husband now?" Jonghyun played a big, pouting face, with his large, puppy-dog eyes.

"This is all you get for now. I need to get dressed and dress Taemin." Kibum said, giving Jonghyun a peck on the lips before disappearing into the bedroom. Fifteen minutes passed before Kibum finished, and called Taemin into the bedroom with him.

"Yes, Umma?" Taemin asked, out the last of his second cup of banana milk.

"Since you had two cups of banana milk, go to the bathroom." Kibum pointed to the bathroom door, and Taemin ran over, almost tripping over the giant shirt he was still wearing. He finished his business, and ran back to the bedroom.

"All set?"

"Not yet."

"Why not?"

"We still need to brush our teeth. That's what Appa is doing now!" Taemin giggled before running back into the bathroom. Kibum was right behind him, and saw Jonghyun hand him a new toothbrush, with toothpaste already applied. Taemin brushed until his lips were covered with the minty, white foam. Kibum brushed his alongside Jonghyun, who slipped his arm around his husband's slim waist. Kibum felt his cheeks heat up, like he was going through the first stages of a high school crush. Even though him and Jonghyun have been married for over two years, and known each other for eight, it still feels like when they were first dating. Kibum knows he will never get tired of Jonghyun's touch. The three all finished brushing their teeth, and Taemin followed Kibum into the bedroom once more.

"Now are you all set?"

"Yup!" Taemin answered happily before noticing the clothes on the edge of the bed.

"What are those?" he asked.

"New clothes for you. I hope they fit." Kibum said, picking out a soft red, long-sleeved shirt first. He discarded the big things Taemin was wearing and threw them near the hamper.

"Arms up, Minnie." Taemin obeyed, and lifted his arms high into the air, smiling. Kibum pulled the shirt down, past Taemin's head, and helped the little boy's arms get through the sleeves.

"Is it comfortable, Taemin?" Kibum asked as he pulled out the next piece of clothing.

"Totally!"

"You're so adorable, Minnie."

"You likes calling me Minnie, don't you? What about Taeminnie?"

"Do you not like Minnie?"

"No, I likes it better!" Kibum smiled as he helped Taemin wiggle into his jean overalls. He got the pants on with ease, and then tightened the shoulder straps.

"Taemin, you are so cute." Kibum picked up the small boy, and sat him on the bed.

"What are you doing, Umma?" Taemin asked, looking down at Kibum. He watched Kibum grab some socks. Kibum put the socks on Taemin's feet, and then put the boy back on the ground again.

"Let's put on our jackets, okay?" Kibum helped Taemin into his jacket, and then helped him slip his feet into the extra pair of shoes from Jonghyun's brother. Taemin found the mittens attached to the bright blue jacket, and put them on, smiling at the warmth and fuzziness. Kibum put his own jacket and shoes on, along with Jonghyun doing the same. Once they finished, Jonghyun grabbed the car keys off the hook, and opened the door for his two boys.

"Thanks, Jongie." Kibum replied to the kind gesture.

"Thanks, Appa!" Taemin said, imitating his Umma's reply.

They all got into the elevator, and were about to enter the car when Hansung's ringtone sounded from Kibum's cell phone.

"Hello, Hansung-ah?" Kibum answered.

"The boss saw the kid, and he's okay with you taking off as much time as you need. I told him the story, and he got really quiet for a minute or so. I think he's just grateful that the kid found such great parents like you two. You were right, he's a doll. What's his name?"

"His name is Taemin. His original last name is Lee, but soon it will be Kim."

"Are you going to do all the adoption things today, or...?"

"Maybe, it depends on how today goes. Don't worry, it will be done before the weekend is over."

"Okay, well, good luck and I wish you three the best. Oh man, it is so weird saying that. I can't picture you and Jonghyun with a child just yet. Well, you're probably busy so I'll let you go. Have fun! See ya!"

"Bye, Hansung!"

Kibum hung up, and smiled at Jonghyun.

"All set, I'm guessing?" Jonghyun said, getting into the driver's seat of the car. Kibum got into the back, helping Taemin buckle in, then sat beside him.

"Yeah, the boss said for us to take all the time off that we need."

"Oh, good. So, are we doing the adoption papers today, or shopping?" Jonghyun asked as he started the engine.

"I want to get Taemin a car seat and stuff. The adoption papers can wait a day or so." Kibum answered, watching Taemin stare at everything in the car in wonder.

"What is this thing, Umma?" Taemin asked, still completely engrossed in the car's features.

"This is called a car Minnie. Have you never seen one?"

"No. I lived in country for long time, so I never had big things like this." Taemin said, tightening his belt a little bit once Jonghyun started driving out of the apartment parking lot.

"Are you scared, Minnie?" Kibum asked him. Taemin just nodded quickly, and reached for Kibum's hand. Kibum held Taemin's small hand in his, and smiling reassuring at him. Kibum knew it was going to take a lot to help Taemin get used to the unknown world of Seoul. Jonghyun kept close watch of his son and husband as he kept the car at a slower speed than usual, just for Taemin's sake. He watched Taemin begin to laugh and smile to Kibum's jokes and funny faces, and felt some relief. This long weekend should be much more interesting than any of them had originally intended.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been subscribing to this story! I woke up this morning to find 7 new subscribers! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love this story, and have a lot of ideas for it, so keep a look out for chapters. I will try a chapter every other day or so, maybe a chapter a day if I can. I have school and such, so it might be hard, but I'll try my best for all of you! I hope I didn't leave the story at a weird spot. I'll be adding one and possibly two more chapters after this, so keep a look out today! :)